Discouraged.

Options
Hi Guys!

I've been doing the calorie counting using this site since the new year and I'm only down four pounds. I feel like I am trying so hard to make the right food choices and counting and weighing everything and im not seeing alot of result.

Am I doing something wrong?

please help me! I dont want to give up already but its so hard!

Replies

• livestar
    livestar Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! I'm in the same boat, but sometimes it takes time for the body to adjust. A good friend of mine stuck it out through a very long plateau and finally is losing again, AND she looks incredible. Stick with it! Not just for weight loss, but for a healthier future.
  • fetchfury
    fetchfury Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    hey,

I felt exactly the same way, but I haven't lost anything! I posted a thread and lots of people helped out with my attitude, I think we just have to keep at it! 4 pounds is really good, it'll all add up soon.

x
  • rhogar00
    rhogar00 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! 4 pounds is great!! Just stick to it and try to stay positive and it will come off!
  • MalibuBeth
    MalibuBeth Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have only lost 4 lbs, but that's great! I'm excited about it! This should be a slow process, so stick with it! 4lbs lost is better than a 1 lb gain right?!
  • Tigg1011
    Tigg1011 Posts: 146
    Options
    4lbs in lesss than 3 full weeks is awesome!! wed all like it to come off overnight but unfortunately we arent so lucky. 4lbs is great tho anddd ur just geting started! keep it up!!
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    4lbs in three weeks is REALLY GOOD!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Today is your 19th day and you've lost 4lbs? That's awesome. Successful weight loss isn't something that happens overnight. I truly believe that slow and steady weight loss - while frustrating at times - is the key to keeping it off permanently. So, don't be down on yourself... you're doing great!
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    That's more than a 1 lb loss a week right? That's pretty good - I would be happy if I lost that much since Jan. 1. Small losses add up - just keep it up.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    * you didn't put the weight on in a month, you won't take it off in a month

Remember that.

Healthy weight loss is around 5-8 lbs a month max. I know we are in a hurry to rip off the fat but it doesn't work that way. It is a slow journey and a lifestyle change. Quick dieting will get you quick results which you will quickly lose and go back when you return to your old habits.

You have done well in the short amount of time you have done this. You must have patience.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    4lbs since the new year is 1.5lbs a week. That is TEXTBOOK PERFECT weight loss.

The steady, slow losses are the ones that stay off for good. You're doing everything right, just keep going!!!
  • Quarrysider
    Quarrysider Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have only lost 4 lbs, but that's great! I'm excited about it! This should be a slow process, so stick with it! 4lbs lost is better than a 1 lb gain right?!

^^^^ This. I'm only 3lb down so far this year, so you are doing better than me! It's slow and dull right now, but it will add up before you know it - even if the scale is being slow, I bet the inches are changing:happy:
  • redkim615
    redkim615 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad, I started this site Jan 2nd and I've lost six pounds so far. It's not quick weight loss, it's gradual like weight watchers. Check your sodium intake though. If you are eatting too much sodium it will cause you to hold water, so you'll end up with "water weight". Also watch your saturated fat intake as well.
    Don't give up, hang in there.
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    4 pounds is a great start! stay positive. mix up your food choices to throw your body for a loop. work out! add little bits of exercise where you can.
  • Bella3119
    Bella3119 Posts: 104
    Options
    Darling, YOU'VE LOST 4 POUNDS!!!! That's an accomplishment!!!
  • madubil
    madubil Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    "only down four pounds"?? HIGH FIVE GIRL!! Thats fantastic progress. And I mean it- thats where you should be. A pound and a half a week is really great progress- its sustainable. Really great work girl!

PS- stop beating yourself up you are doing great!
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Hiya - you might like to open up your diary so people can make educated suggestions, however your rate of loss is spot-on. Keep at it, it's worth it!

Well done on your loss so far :flowerforyou:
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    so you started new year its only 19th today and you have lost 4lbs , thats really good well done!
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I've lost 4.5lbs since Jan 1st. Last January I did MFP and lost 12lbs in 3 weeks. Then I gave up (why?!!) and kept those 12lbs off until this year.

So this time I'm sticking at it till I get to my goal, no matter how long that takes. What would be the point of giving up? I'd only be back here again next January!

So my ticker that you see below my post is counting what I've lost since last Jan. So I suppose you could say I've only lost 17lbs in a YEAR!! lol.

Keep going....we'll get there xx :heart:
  • Ditchit
    Ditchit Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have lost ONE pound in my first week (weighed yesterday) and was very disheartened. However, I think I have to realise that it will take a while for my body to adjust to the new intake of food and water. There are many things which will effect the scales but its not just about what the scales say. I have already had 2 comments asking me if I have lost weight, my mind is in the right place (which has been no mean feat in itself for a long long time) and I feel more optomistic about my healthier, slimmer future. My friend told me last night, its not a race, this is a new way of living, slimming and getting healthier and happier in the process. Keep your mind on the button and the rest will follow. But I do understand how you feel, I felt the same.

Keep at it and we will reap the rewards, more than we may be able to imagine at the moment! :)