5'11 models!?

Options
Hi!

So I know I probably shouldn't look up to models for their weight and what not and compare myself with them...

but I wouldn't mind knowing the measurements and weight of a model that is the same height as me.

I am 5'11.

Would be a nice confident booster if my body was somewhat close to someone famous :) I'd love to do modelling one day!

Please tell me if you know of any models that are the same height as me and I'll take care of the rest.... and don't judge! lol :P

Replies

• splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Options
    i guess none exist!
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    Sorry hun I dont know of any
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I used to do quite a bit of modeling. Since I am 5'10 I can afford to weigh more than 100 lbs like sitck models, but with my body type, I was always doing print, glamour, and "plus" I'm not a plus size at all, but when you wear a 12, and other models wear a 00, it's hard to compete. When I was modeling, I weighed 155, measurments were 36/29/34 :)
  • fetchfury
    fetchfury Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I think most models we see(if we are talking catwalk) that are 5"11 are extremely underweight and unhealthy, and only 2% of women in the world look like that.
    You BMI for a 5"11 should be between 140 - 171 lbs. I think the best role model for people aspiring to be model thin is Miranda Kerr, shes not too skinny, but she was obviously born that way!
  • JHB2011
    JHB2011 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I think the best role model for people aspiring to be model thin is Miranda Kerr, shes not too skinny, but she was obviously born that way!

Plus she's super hot!
  • fetchfury
    fetchfury Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I think the best role model for people aspiring to be model thin is Miranda Kerr, shes not too skinny, but she was obviously born that way!

Plus she's super hot!

Yep! And also I hear a very nice person which gives her extra bonus points in my eyes!
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    The only woman I know that tall is very underweight.

I think it would be a confidence booster to the model if SHE looked like YOU. You're beautiful! Don't let society make you feel any different.

P.S. Shorty here would kill to be 5'11!
  • splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Options
    yeah I know that there are disgustingly thin models but the victoria secret models have to be in the healthy weight range so I would love to look like one of them LOL
    my bmi sits at 18.8. Anything below 18 is underweight.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    yeah I know that there are disgustingly thin models but the victoria secret models have to be in the healthy weight range so I would love to look like one of them LOL

They are also airbrushed. :wink:

Check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYhCn0jf46U
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Tyra Banks is 5'11'. The ever famous Gisele Bundchen, Shalom Harlow, Rebecca Romijn, and Uma Thurman. Not all of them are models, but they all that model-type body. Then there's Taylor Swift who's also 5'11" if you wanna consider her a model.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options

Check this out.

I cannot tell you how true this is!!!

I am graphic designer and I've done lots of Photoshop "touch-ups" in my day. Let me tell you, I can turn an overweight person into a supermodel. Seriously! I can make your skin blemish free, smooth and glowing just like they do in magazines....and I'm just an amateur. I've seen professionals work on photos. They use special tools in Photoshop to smooth out the stomach and take in the waist. They also make the legs look leaner too. Women try so hard to look like the magazines, then get so discouraged when they don't naturally look like that. 60% of a professional picture is Photoshopped. I understand how discouraging it can be because these photos are everywhere. I just wish all women could watch the process of "touching-up" an image. Maybe I should make a video and post it on here....
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options

Check this out.

That they are, they are also among the 2% of women that ACTUALLY look like that naturally.
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Tyra Banks is close, she's 5'10", Heidi Klum is 5'10".........
  • vzucco
    vzucco Posts: 229
    Options

Check this out.

I cannot tell you how true this is!!!

I am graphic designer and I've done lots of Photoshop "touch-ups" in my day. Let me tell you, I can turn an overweight person into a supermodel. Seriously! I can make your skin blemish free, smooth and glowing just like they do in magazines....and I'm just an amateur. I've seen professionals work on photos. They use special tools in Photoshop to smooth out the stomach and take in the waist. They also make the legs look leaner too. Women try so hard to look like the magazines, then get so discouraged when they don't naturally look like that. 60% of a professional picture is Photoshopped. I understand how discouraging it can be because these photos are everywhere. I just wish all women could watch the process of "touching-up" an image. Maybe I should make a video and post it on here....

I would love to see that video if you make it!! Sounds like a fantastic idea!!
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I love tall women. Keep at it.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I think most models we see(if we are talking catwalk) that are 5"11 are extremely underweight and unhealthy, and only 2% of women in the world look like that.
    You BMI for a 5"11 should be between 140 - 171 lbs. I think the best role model for people aspiring to be model thin is Miranda Kerr, shes not too skinny, but she was obviously born that way!

All of the Victoria Secret models are at least 5'9" or so and about 120-150lbs (you can find their stats on vs.com).
  • rlysrh
    rlysrh Posts: 244
    Options
    I don't know if this helps or not but I remember once when I was watching america's next top model a few of the models saying they weighed around 128lbs. I just remember because I was amazed because I used to weigh that much too (and hopefully will again in the not too distant future). lol
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I can't think of a single reason why you shouldn't be modeling right now.
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    tall women give me the hebejebes