5'11 models!?

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I believe Tyra Banks was around 110-120 in her modeling days. And when she quit, she said she was happy that she could actually eat again.

The standards for models of that caliber for body weight vs. height are ridiculous, unhealthy and unrealistic. My boss is 5'10", around 155 and she looks AMAZING. (And she was a model when she was a teen, but I don't know what she weighed back then.)

ADDING -- I looked at your profile and you look a lot like the women who do catalogue modeling. You might want to look into that now.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    yeah I know that there are disgustingly thin models but the victoria secret models have to be in the healthy weight range so I would love to look like one of them LOL
    my bmi sits at 18.8. Anything below 18 is underweight.

They are also airbrushed. :wink:

Check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYhCn0jf46U

That they are, they are also among the 2% of women that ACTUALLY look like that naturally.

I don't think you visited the link. :wink:
  • myusername010101
    Options

I do not have any modeling advice, just had to post thank you for those links! I know I feel better about my cellulite right now :wink:
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Tyra Banks is 5'10 or 5'11.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    There is a website mybodygallery.com, you might find what you want there.
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Seriously, OP, you look incredible right now...

Don't mess with perfection. =)
  • karen_thinmint
    karen_thinmint Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Models are very tiny. Many are teenagers and they retire in their early 20s when weight naturally starts to build (example Gemma Ward who is acting now).

But to answer you question.. models that are 5'11" include Rebecca Romijn, Gisele Bundchen, Shalom Harlow, Catherine McNeil, and Abbey Lee Kershaw
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I don't know any famous models' measurements (and don't care to look them up), but I know that my friend who is signed with NEXT Model Management is 5'11", 126lbs, 32-23-35.5 and the agency wants her to shrink down her hips even more but she can't because they're all bone.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I could be wrong but I think the standard size for a model in clothing is a 2 or a 4?
  • cuteness81104
    cuteness81104 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    i think tyra is more gorgeous now than back in her modeling days
  • rml_16
    Options
    I could be wrong but I think the standard size for a model in clothing is a 2 or a 4?

Nope. These days it's more like 00 or 0 or smaller if they can.

If you're a 4, most likely you'd be pushed into plus-sized modeling. Crazy, huh?
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    google some?
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I don't know any famous models' measurements (and don't care to look them up), but I know that my friend who is signed with NEXT Model Management is 5'11", 126lbs, 32-23-35.5 and the agency wants her to shrink down her hips even more but she can't because they're all bone.

^ I should also note that modeling and the agency has given my friend major body image issues and she has become obsessed with her weight.

I should note that THESE are the hips they're telling her she needs to shrink :/
    284007_10150274702923401_582483400_7685918_7598215_n.jpg
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    The industry standard measurements for runway/editorial models is 32-34 inch bust 22-24 inch waist and 32-34 inch hip. Catalogue modelling may give a little leeway but generally no larger waist than 26" unless you are plus sized.

I have no idea what weight that would have to be- it differs from girl to girl and weight distribution etc..

If you have a BMI of 18.8 I'm guessing you'd be fine as a model- thats tiiiiiiny for 5'11" and the fashion industry likes tiny!

Though, at 6'1" myself and large frame there is no way in hell I could ever get my measurements down to that low!!! My bones start sticking out when i get into the 180's!!!
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    You should friend hollowdoll. She's a real life 5'11" hottie.
  • SerenityRabit
    Options
    I can only think of one model right now, whitney thompson.
    She's 5'10 and between 140-159 pounds. She's a plus size of course because of this damn industry, but man, is she a knock out! :)
  • rml_16
    Options

^ I should also note that modeling and the agency has given my friend major body image issues and she has become obsessed with her weight.

I should note that THESE are the hips they're telling her she needs to shrink :/
    284007_10150274702923401_582483400_7685918_7598215_n.jpg

It seems the fashion industry these days want women shaped like little boys rather than the classic hourglass or pear. Very sad.

I'd kill to have that body (well, not really, but you know what I mean!). But I don't have any interest in modeling.
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    You could become a fitness model that way you'll be able to eat :smile: