Decide what you want to be and then Be It

Options
1235»

Replies

• yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options

On the tattling issue, as far as I know, Mike is the only one making money off of this site. Why anyone else is working themselves into a rage over different members' comments is beyond me. Heck, if I got paid to report people for being mean, I would. But otherwise, I won't. What's there to gain but a heightened sense of self-righteousness? And does it make certain members feel good to "tattle-tale" on others? I really hope it's not anyone calling for us to "act like adults" who's running to Principal Mike.

:huh: are you referring to me?

I'm not referring to anyone as I don't know who is running to Mike. But I'm sorry that whoever is has nothing better to do. The end.
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Before you take your next dump, you will read at least three threads about how someone NEEDS HELP...or how someone is SO DEPRESSED....all because what they really want is everyone to come running and say It's ok that you ate like a fat pig and "its ok that you cant stop eating ice cream or cake or cookies or any of that crap that you don't want to "deprive" yourself of.

What do you really want to do? Get fit? Get in shape? Or find people to enable your crap eating?

Oh...that is so mean Dave....you dont understand Dave.....why? what happened? did your Mom pull your hair when you were 6 years old? OH...sure that is a great reason to eat like a selfish pig when you are 25. Oh...your dog peed on your doll when you were 8? Eat like a zombie...,.its OK.

Are there valid reasons for over eating? Of course. But we have become a society of victims. We now have more "disorders" than girl scout cookies. Why didnt our parents and grandparents have all these "disorders"? Because they didnt have all this time to whine. They were working and eating regular food. Fat cow..skinny cow....fake butter...fake cookies ...fake pills,,,,,they never heard of such nonesense............QUIT IT!

You have a good reason to eat crap? Get over it. Sure, there are some real whackos here and everywhere. You want to lose weight? Quit eating crap. Simple as that. Oh...but we shouldnt deprive ourselves Dave. Who is it exactly that you are depriving? Quit fooling yourself. Wake up.

All these enablers wanting to be nice and sweet. Is that really the support you need? If our soldiers got tired and wanted to take a "cheat" day...would that be ok too?

This is a serious deal. Alot of you are facing diabetes or worse, Quit eating crap. This place is called my Fitness Pal...it is not called My Sympathy Pal...but that seems to be what alot of people want.

Before you attack me for not "understanding" this is exactly what I tell myself when I want to slack off. I repeat, I tell this to myself also. So dont give me your flack about not understanding the hidden excuses that are the real reason you won't stop "depriving" yourself.

Now,,,go take a healthy dump.:smile:
    I have to agree with you Dave:flowerforyou: we should stop eating junk and just do it
  • ErinD
    ErinD Posts: 14
    Options
    Wow great post!! I have been trying to find a decent ftness site and have been on dozens over the years, as a fitness junkie I am always looking for different information and new ideas....Unfortunately they all have these threads...people who would rather be on here posting/complaining then out there doing....
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Don't tell Dave but I think I miss him.
  • Starchaser
    Options
    Yes, yes and yes.

There's no quick fix. No easy road.

Self discipline is the only way.

But, by the same token, every journey of 1,000 miles begins with the first step.
    So whilst we should be strict we should not berate one another for falling off the road once in a while.
    So long as the falling is accompanied by, "I know why I fell and what I must do to get back up and not repeat that mistake" and not "I fell feel sorry for me I can't help it"

It's a journey but you only get to the end if you follow the path.
    And you can't follow the path unless you know the route and have the discipline to stick to it.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

Self discipline is the only way.

BINGO!!! :drinker:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Preggo BUMP!
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options