How do you drink your coffee?

Options
And how many cups a day do you have? I am struggling with this. I like my coffee with 2 splenda & powdered creamer (40 calories for the cup of coffee). I think it's fine to have a cup in the morning like this (I did before when I lost 50 pounds and it never slowed my weight loss). However, I am wanting like 2 or 3 cups a day. :indifferent: I just can't drink my coffee black.

It really kills my sweet tooth to have it and it's only 40 calories. Am I going to hell for having more than one cup? :sad: :sad: :sad:

Okay so, how do you drink your coffee and how many cups do you have a day?

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    1 maybe 2, with 1 sugar and 1 oz low fat milk. :drinker:
  • pocurran
    Options
    I like mine black but my taste for that didn't come over night. I used to put creamer in it and then I got lazy to add the creamer so I would drink it black. After drinking so many cups this way I now love it black and would never go back.
  • jacquelyn_erika
    jacquelyn_erika Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I drink it black. Love it that way!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Coffee, 1 a day first thing in the morning, skimmed milk and 2 sweeteners.

Tea? about 10-12 cups a day, with skimmed milk and sweeteners. It's how i get my daily fluid intake.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    i use french vanilla k-cups in our keurig machine...i add 2-3 teaspoons of splenda and sugar free french vanilla creamer from coffee mate or international delights - whichever is on sale....

i was having 2 in the am on my way to work but have cut back to 1 and sometimes at night for my after dinner snack i have another - at 32cals i can't beat the sweet treat....
  • amber_bamber09
    amber_bamber09 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem as you. I am not the happiest person without my coffee (: haha.
    I have cut back from 4...i repeat 4 sugars and a ton of creamer. to just 2 sugars and enough creamer so i can taste it. I tried to go one step further and do 1 or 1 and 1/2 sugars...I can't so I am going to get splenda with fiber (saw a commercial yesterday) and try to cut down how many cups i have. I drink far too much coffee. usually 4 cups a day if im working. :/
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    At home, I add sugar-free Torani syrups -- vanilla, English toffee, etc., but at work, I drink it black. LOVE it at home, drink it at work.:wink: No added calories either place.
    Kaye
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    black...I'm a not "sweetener" kinda of person and I don't like cream
  • Speedtrap
    Speedtrap Posts: 216
    Options
    I only drink espresso, I have it with one packet of splenda or black.
  • Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I used to drink my coffee with light cream and sugar and couldn't stand black coffee but about 4 1/2 years ago I decided to try drinking it black with no sugar or sweetener...........and believe it or not - now I can't drink it any way but black :ohwell:
    I tried recently to drink it with cream and/or sweetner in it and couldn't :noway:
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    About 4 tbsp of powder creamer...no sugar or sweetner.
  • cateyes09
    Options
    1 sweet n low and some 1% milk, but I used to use french vanilla creamer and at about 3-4 cups of coffee a day w. 2-3 TBS. of that I was looking at over 200 calories and xtra fat :(
  • tiffanymagic
    Options
    I've acquired the taste for black coffee ... if helps keep calories down!:flowerforyou:
  • rlysrh
    rlysrh Posts: 244
    Options
    I started drinking mine black about a year ago just because I didn't want to drink my calories and at first I was just making do and wishing I could have milk in it again but now I like it black. If I drink it with milk now it just tastes odd.

I think you've just gotta decide what will work best for you. Like if you really can't stand it any other way then you need to decide if its worth the calories or not. (:
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I usually have 2-4 cups a day with splenda and vanilla almond milk.
  • kathleen2001
    Options
    Black!
  • CourteneyLove
    CourteneyLove Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    2 cups in the morning.. after breakfast.. a dash of milk and 4 zero calorie sweeteners :)
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    1 or none each day, keep some flavored fat free creamers on hand, usually I end up with closer to 70 or 80 cal though, so I stick to one cup
  • Spinelli2288
    Spinelli2288 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I am a habitual coffee drinker as well. I can kill two pots a day, caffeinated even, and it doesn't affect me. I used to have it with international delights french vanilla creamer (yum!), but with my diet I use liquid stevia vanilla creme. It took me a day to get used to it, I just had to cut back on how many grounds I used because I loathe black coffee, yet I love strong coffee. I found my balance and I love it. I also drink natural mint tea to help curb my sweet tooth, I also add a little liquid stevia(plain) to that as well. I hope you find something that works! Best of luck. :smile:
  • ksuther13
    Options
    I gave up coffee b/c I like to drown my coffee with creamer. It was too many calories and fat for one cup of coffee. I miss drinking it but I don't miss the cost of buying the creamer.