Dr Oz's 30/30 Rule!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• quixoticmantis
    quixoticmantis Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, of course....but let me present this :

If watching an episode of Dr. Oz makes a person more interested in living a heathy lifestyle, exercising, and doing their OWN research on bettering their health, is he/the show really that bad? :flowerforyou:
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, of course....but let me present this :

If watching an episode of Dr. Oz makes a person more interested in living a heathy lifestyle, exercising, and doing their OWN research on bettering their health, is he/the show really that bad? :flowerforyou:

I have to agree with this. Yes some of what he says is "gimmicky" but he does break down information into easy to understand terms and demonstrations. Its like anything. Take what you can use, discard the rest. And although I don't watch him on a regular basis, I have yet to see him pushing particular brands except for Weight Watchers - which is a very successful wieght loss program. To me that's better than Dr. Phil pushing the "pink method" or the doctors showcasing Jillian Michaels. Or anything said by Biggest Loser, which is one product placement after another in between extreme dieting and exercise.
  • DL121004
    DL121004 Posts: 214 Member
    Options

I agree with this.

While I do get annoyed at some of the approaches he uses, I also enjoy the exposure to things I'm not aware of in order to do a bunch of research on my own.
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Never seen his show, I just won't watch these people that cause the viewers to hang on their every word. I'll never understand why people think they must live their lives through these people. It really got scary with Oprah, I mean women were losing their minds over her. Let's see, I need to wipe my *kitten*, how would Oprah do it? For God's sake!!! Why can't we think for ourselves?
  • mukamom
    mukamom Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I stopped listening to anything that man says after I read an article in which he talked about his colonoscopy. Polyps were found and removed and he was so fortunate because "once it spreads outside the colon, you are a goner".

What kind of attitude is that for a "doctor"??? It is NOT a death sentence and to even suggest there is no hope, is totally unprofessional.

Quack
  • Makethefatcry12
    Makethefatcry12 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    @Coco_Puff I can think for myself. It's just that sometimes others find facts that are useful that you don't find yourself. It's just like getting help or advice from a friend. I don't hang on every word Dr. Oz says but sometimes he does have some useful information. I don't rely on his show to help me lose weight completely. I have done this on my own. But some of his little tips have helped me along the way. Don't judge others because they take other people's tips into consideration.
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Years ago i read a whole book on ways to boost your metabolism and eating some protein when you first get up was one of the tips. Some others I remember besides the obvious exercise ones were drinking ice water and being in a brightly lit room when you first get up.