American Idol: Country Week

Options
ccano
ccano Posts: 149 Member
Ok, I'm lovin' Chris and Matt. I think the criticism of Lil Rounds was a LITTLE (ha, I'm clever) too harsh. Alexis and Megan were forgettable. Anoop did SO MUCH better. Adam Lambert...I didn't mind him until tonight, not because I'm some snot who thinks he should have left the arrangement of a Johnny Cash song as is...but because he just blatantly refused to sound even a LITTLE country. I'm a big country fan and I think his blatant refusal was just a little snobby in my opinion. I always like the contestants who are more grounded and sweet. I would have liked to see Adam do a rocked out version of a Rascal Flatts ballad, but oh well. Michael should have been a highlight performer tonight, I would have preferred to see him do "Amarillo Sky" by Jason Aldean...something with big soaring vocals and a little more current. I was a big Josh Gracin fan when he was on AI2 (actually I ran joshgracin.com...heh), but he did "Ain't Goin' Down (Till The Sun Comes Up)" and it's just an awful choice of song. It does nothing for showing off your voice.

I'm not fond of blind guy, and Alexis is just kind of whatever for me. I really don't like Megan either. After those three are gone it's going to be a serious competition...

Replies

• ccano
    Options
    Ok, I'm lovin' Chris and Matt. I think the criticism of Lil Rounds was a LITTLE (ha, I'm clever) too harsh. Alexis and Megan were forgettable. Anoop did SO MUCH better. Adam Lambert...I didn't mind him until tonight, not because I'm some snot who thinks he should have left the arrangement of a Johnny Cash song as is...but because he just blatantly refused to sound even a LITTLE country. I'm a big country fan and I think his blatant refusal was just a little snobby in my opinion. I always like the contestants who are more grounded and sweet. I would have liked to see Adam do a rocked out version of a Rascal Flatts ballad, but oh well. Michael should have been a highlight performer tonight, I would have preferred to see him do "Amarillo Sky" by Jason Aldean...something with big soaring vocals and a little more current. I was a big Josh Gracin fan when he was on AI2 (actually I ran joshgracin.com...heh), but he did "Ain't Goin' Down (Till The Sun Comes Up)" and it's just an awful choice of song. It does nothing for showing off your voice.

I'm not fond of blind guy, and Alexis is just kind of whatever for me. I really don't like Megan either. After those three are gone it's going to be a serious competition...
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I forgot it was on tonight so I only watched the last 2 or 3 sing. Which one sang "Walkin' After Midnight"? She doesn't seem to know what to do with her arms when she sings..I can't think of her name. :noway:
  • ccano
    Options
    I forgot it was on tonight so I only watched the last 2 or 3 sing. Which one sang "Walkin' After Midnight"? She doesn't seem to know what to do with her arms when she sings..I can't think of her name. :noway:

Megan. She is incredibly awkward. Beautiful, but awkward. I give her props because she had the flu, but I still don't really care for her.
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I love American Idol, tried to watch it, put dang, I HATE country music, it was too painful so I switched to the biggest loser! :laugh:
  • CassieNic
    CassieNic Posts: 223
    Options
    i :heart: megan. i voted for her. :laugh: i love her voice.
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    anoop was really good!!! but it cracked me up at the end how randy jackson called him "Anoop dog"....like snoop dog... :laugh:
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    See, I thought Alexis did great. And the guy who did the Johnny Cash song...no it wasn't country but he did make it his own, and I thought it worked. And I loved...Matt is it? I man I forget his name. He's a cutie, but I didn't like him until last night. He sang...I forget. Sorry guys my memory's awful. But he was the second guy to sing I believe, and it was a slow song he sang standing up.

Megan drives me nuts with her awkwardness. She's beautiful, but I didn't like how she sang last night either. Of course she'd been to the hosiptial they said so I felt bad about not liking her.
  • Losing_It
    Options
    anoop was really good!!! but it cracked me up at the end how randy jackson called him "Anoop dog"....like snoop dog... :laugh:

Yeah, that bugs me when Randy calls him that.:laugh: I think he did a lot better last night than last week. I have to set my DVR to record it because I can never remember it's on. I wanted to see Danny's performance but missed it. How'd he do?:huh:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I wanted to see Danny's performance but missed it. How'd he do?:huh:

Danny stunk it up last night.
    The judges said he pulled through in the last half of the song.
    Terrible song choice for him, imho.

I still love him though. His life has been heartbreaking.
    (Plus he is HOTT :glasses: )
  • Losing_It
    Options
    I love Danny!:love: What did he sing?
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Megan drives me nuts with her awkwardness. She's beautiful, but I didn't like how she sang last night either. Of course she'd been to the hosiptial they said so I felt bad about not liking her.

I hate her corkscrew three-year-old-that's-gotta-pee dance.
    Her sleeve tatt doesn't match with the persona she is trying to pull off now.
    Her voice irritates me. She can't sing mainstream, imo.
    She's more akin to a Joss Stone, who isn't very "pop".

I never feel badly about not liking her. Okay, I'm lying, I do. She has a kid at home and talks about missing that kid. That part makes me feel badly about disliking her.

I thought Anoop was the best, taking a cheesy Willie Nelson song and turning it into a love ballad.
    (I also missed the first half of the show.)
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    I love Danny!:love: What did he sing?

Jesus Take the Wheel by Carrie Underwood
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I don't know their names. Stupid guy who sang Johnny Cash suuuuuuuccckkkkksssss. Unfortunately he may win because of his "look".

Megan is my favorite, but that's mostly because I love hippies.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Stupid guy who sang Johnny Cash suuuuuuuccckkkkksssss. Unfortunately he may win because of his "look".

Adam Lambert.
    I cannot stand him.
    I think he's got a great voice, but choses to use it in ways that sound like nails down a chalkboard.
    I can't stand ManScara.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I don't like mascara either (nice word!).

He "tries" be Trent Reznor-ish, but fails miserably.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    I don't like mascara either (nice word!).

He "tries" be Trent Reznor-ish, but fails miserably.

My thoughts too.
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Adam Lambert is just a little much, Simon said early on he's a "love him or hate him" kind of artist....I REALLY dislike his singing style, AND not only does he wear the manscara...he wears THICK, THICK foundation!!!:noway:

My fave Danny struggled, Chris was sweet, as always, and Megan--she needed to put those puppies away ....somehow she doesn't have the shape for that type of dress-:noway:

I'm not usually a "Paula Basher" but she was a little glassy eyed and rambling.
  • ccano
    Options
    See, I thought Alexis did great. And the guy who did the Johnny Cash song...no it wasn't country but he did make it his own, and I thought it worked. And I loved...Matt is it? I man I forget his name. He's a cutie, but I didn't like him until last night. He sang...I forget. Sorry guys my memory's awful. But he was the second guy to sing I believe, and it was a slow song he sang standing up.

You're probably talking about Chris. Matt was the last contestant on piano. Chris sang "To Make You Feel My Love" and he was sitting on a stool. He is a cutie and I loved his rendition of that song. He showed amazing control of his voice. And I could totally tell he was singing it from his heart (he's a newlywed). He's quickly becoming my favorite!!
  • ccano
    Options

I hate her corkscrew three-year-old-that's-gotta-pee dance.
    Her sleeve tatt doesn't match with the persona she is trying to pull off now.
    Her voice irritates me. She can't sing mainstream, imo.
    She's more akin to a Joss Stone, who isn't very "pop".

I never feel badly about not liking her. Okay, I'm lying, I do. She has a kid at home and talks about missing that kid. That part makes me feel badly about disliking her.

I thought Anoop was the best, taking a cheesy Willie Nelson song and turning it into a love ballad.
    (I also missed the first half of the show.)

Did you see the photos of Megan before she became a blonde? Oh my gosh, she was an absolutely GORGEOUS brunette. She should've kept the natural hair and become a model.
  • ccano
    Options
    Adam Lambert is just a little much, Simon said early on he's a "love him or hate him" kind of artist....I REALLY dislike his singing style, AND not only does he wear the manscara...he wears THICK, THICK foundation!!!:noway:

My fave Danny struggled, Chris was sweet, as always, and Megan--she needed to put those puppies away ....somehow she doesn't have the shape for that type of dress-:noway:

I'm not usually a "Paula Basher" but she was a little glassy eyed and rambling.

See, I was kinda on the fence about Adam Lambert. But he's really starting to come off as arrogant when he performs and when he's being interviewed. I don't like that. He's forgetting he's just a contestant on the show, he hasn't won and he certainly hasn't sold millions of records yet.

Danny seemed nervous this week for some reason. And the beginning of "Jesus Take The Wheel" was rough. The judges really seemed to praise him anyway though.

And Paula drove me crazy last night. She couldn't form a sentence to save her life.