American Idol: Country Week

Options
2»

Replies

• 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    See, I thought Alexis did great. And the guy who did the Johnny Cash song...no it wasn't country but he did make it his own, and I thought it worked. And I loved...Matt is it? I man I forget his name. He's a cutie, but I didn't like him until last night. He sang...I forget. Sorry guys my memory's awful. But he was the second guy to sing I believe, and it was a slow song he sang standing up.

You're probably talking about Chris. Matt was the last contestant on piano. Chris sang "To Make You Feel My Love" and he was sitting on a stool. He is a cutie and I loved his rendition of that song. He showed amazing control of his voice. And I could totally tell he was singing it from his heart (he's a newlywed). He's quickly becoming my favorite!!

Yes! Him! But...now I'm sad that he's not single. haha
  • CassieNic
    CassieNic Posts: 223
    Options
    I don't like mascara either (nice word!).

He "tries" be Trent Reznor-ish, but fails miserably.

i hated his version of cash, also cant stand that hot-topic emo look he has going, can you just imagine how many annoying teenage girls/boys are swooning and voting for him because of that look?:grumble: . i also thought it was funny that randy said if NIN did a remake of a country song it would sound like that...ummm didnt NIN do a remake of "hurt" by johnny cash that sounded nothing like that?
  • ccano
    ccano Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I figure Adam appeals to the same crowd that is fanatical over that Twilight movie. Never really been my thing.

I like country music and the bluesy/folksy artists like John Mayer and Jason Mraz, and I like to throw in some pop/hip hop. Which is probably why I like the contestants that I do - Chris, Matt, Lil Rounds! :) Although the 16 yr old with red hair, she's pretty good, and will probably do really well in the pop/rock genre.
  • CassieNic
    CassieNic Posts: 223
    Options
    yeah i like allison, i bet shes gonna be like one of the top 3. Kris is a cutie, i love his music, too.
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know what the theme is for next week?
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

Tried to look from work and then all my internet windows came crashing down. Not going back to AI at work anymore!!! :noway:

Have they done a Michael Jackson week already? (I've missed a few episodes.) If not, that may be it. I saw a listing of Michael Jackson songs to choose from.
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options

Tried to look from work and then all my internet windows came crashing down. Not going back to AI at work anymore!!! :noway:

Have they done a Michael Jackson week already? (I've missed a few episodes.) If not, that may be it. I saw a listing of Michael Jackson songs to choose from.

That's what happens to my computer at work too!!!!! Scared me to death the 1st time it happened, I thought the whole thing was crashing!

There was Michale Jackson week, now Country week.........I'm always excited to see what the theme is going to be, then it turns out to be something like last years Neil Diamond!!!! :noway:
  • jenszoo
    jenszoo Posts: 19
    Options
    Does anyone else think Adams T shirt made him look like he had man boobs while he was talking to Ryan?
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    My top three: Danny, Anoop, and 16 y/o chick with the crazy red hair

My bottom three: Crazy black hair guy, the blonde chick that dances funny, and the blind guy
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options

My bottom three: Crazy black hair guy, the blonde chick that dances funny, and the blind guy

I have to :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: at your simplistic, accurate descriptions of these folks in lieu of their names.
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options

I have to :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: at your simplistic, accurate descriptions of these folks in lieu of their names.

haha, I'm not good with names, I dont know how I remember Danny, Anoop is only from the Anoop-Dog comment :laugh:
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I figure Adam appeals to the same crowd that is fanatical over that Twilight movie.

I work in a high school and you have no clue how right on you are with this comment!
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Why does Carrie Underwood have a giant spider decorating her head? But gaw that girl can sang.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Why does Carrie Underwood have a giant spider decorating her head? But gaw that girl can sang.

THANK YOU!!!!!
    I think she has TERRIBLE fashion sense. TERRIBLE.
    And if she allows others to dress her, then her common sense is just lacking.
    Horrible outfits, and such a pretty girl.
  • ccano
    ccano Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Carrie, and IMO the biggest talent to come from Idol. She is so deserving of having won the show, not to mention all of her accomplishments since then!

I saw her in concert last year. She's amazing!
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Lauryn, I have to say everytime I see your picture, I just can't help loving your hair! I really wish that I had the nerve to cut mine like that I get big hair disease and I don't think it will lay right even if I flat iron it religiously.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Lauryn, I have to say everytime I see your picture, I just can't help loving your hair! I really wish that I had the nerve to cut mine like that I get big hair disease and I don't think it will lay right even if I flat iron it religiously.

Aww, thanks! :smooched:
    I am getting use to it, learning how to style it as I like it, and starting to really enjoy it.
    (Everything except the extra time it takes to style, lol)
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options

I think they said "50's Motown"

I like Danny :love: , Allison (red head girl) and Anoop!!! :glasses:
  • arianadress
    Options
    i really like matt (the oil person) he is my fav i agree that the joshy cash song was so not country at all he didnt deserve to stay