I hope everyone feels the same way about Fage as I do...

Replies

• lol that one thread about yogurt can go on for this long, but I agree, greek yogurt is the bestest ever. If you can't find it at a grocery store near you, buy regular plain yogurt, put it in a cheese cloth lined strainer over night...and voila....strained yogurt.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Ok help me out. One of our grocery stores is starting to carry Oikos and Greek Gods. One was $2.69
    and the other $1.89. Thats for the 6oz size. Is that a good price? This store is usually high so if it is I'll check at the store that I do my big shopping at. (one hour away)
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Ok help me out. One of our grocery stores is starting to carry Oikos and Greek Gods. One was $2.69
    and the other $1.89. Thats for the 6oz size. Is that a good price? This store is usually high so if it is I'll check at the store that I do my big shopping at. (one hour away)

My Fage w/honey is 1.79 at Meijer's in Ohio.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member

Thanks, I'll check the the other store when I go. I'm almost out of wine and some other things so a trip might come next week.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member

I love Meijer!! $1.79 for Fage in IL too. I used to find a larger tub of Oikos at Super Wal*mart for $4, but they stopped selling it! :sad:
  • runnerwithstyle
    runnerwithstyle Posts: 146 Member
    i love fage.. especially with peaches. i also like chobani and oikos
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    ooh I saw this yesterday, I am going to try it!!!
    i am interested in the fage with honey, i think the container i picked up said 180 calories. would ya'll eat this as a snack or for breakfast? not sure if it would fill me up for breakfast, haha
  • kel9680
    kel9680 Posts: 173 Member
    well I read this yesterday, so of course today when I was at the store I had to look, they didnt have Fage (in shoprite) but they had another brand of greek yogurt, cant remember right now, so I bought that instead, now I cant wait for breakfast tomorrow to try it, i think I'm gonna eat it with some banana in it!
  • CassieNic
    CassieNic Posts: 223
    ive never tired it either...im gonna check it out next time i go grocery shopping. that and..hummus. :laugh:
  • LilWaterBug
    LilWaterBug Posts: 213
    I'm still confused...Is Fage a brand name or a "type" of Greek yogurt? I have some plain Greek yogurt in the fridge right now that I used to make Tzatziki Sauce with. Could I be digging in to a sweet bowl of heaven right now and not even know it??
  • codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    yes, fage is a brand of greek yogurt, they make in 0% fat varieties!
  • Hey!

I know this is off topic but I noticed your hat and I had to see if you were here in austin too! I am also a Texas Ex, I am assuming you are as well by your hat!

Very cool! Hook 'em!
  • RiverRatChick
    RiverRatChick Posts: 115 Member
    hssssssss! Saw Varsity's Horns Off.... :bigsmile: :laugh:
  • lynniejones
    I'm still confused...Is Fage a brand name or a "type" of Greek yogurt? I have some plain Greek yogurt in the fridge right now that I used to make Tzatziki Sauce with. Could I be digging in to a sweet bowl of heaven right now and not even know it??

Yes, it is very good. Add a little honey and a few walnuts and you're holding heaven in the palm of your hand ... *ah*
    I'm going to go have a bit right now.
  • kel9680
    ok, so the kind I bought was Chobani, and I have to say I wasn't crazy about it, I had vanilla flavor, it tasted ok, but it was very dry, that probaly sounds strange, but it made my mouth feel dry when i was eating it. I have a peach one too, so i'm gonna give it another try, maybe it was just the vanilla? or are they all like this? I even tried putting it in the blender with a little skim milk and some banana, thought it would change the texture some, but it was like chalk. maybe it's just me!
  • lynniejones
    ok, so the kind I bought was Chobani, and I have to say I wasn't crazy about it, I had vanilla flavor, it tasted ok, but it was very dry, that probaly sounds strange, but it made my mouth feel dry when i was eating it. I have a peach one too, so i'm gonna give it another try, maybe it was just the vanilla? or are they all like this? I even tried putting it in the blender with a little skim milk and some banana, thought it would change the texture some, but it was like chalk. maybe it's just me!

I think after you are used to watery yogurt it takes a little time to adjust to greek style. I've never had anything but the Fage with honey, but yeah, it has a thick texture like cheesecake.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    I wish they had Fage or greek yogurt in Canada.

I've gone to every grocery store and they don't even have that other brand - oikos.

There's this one called "Mediterranean style", but it's nothing like Fage's nutritional content :( It has like high sugar, low protein. Basically like every other yogurt out there

Then I went to a Greek specialty shop. I bought some greek style yogurt there, but there was of course no nutritional content on it, nor did it have the fat percentage. So didn't taste sweet in any way, just sour. I liked it when I mixed cinnamon and splenda, but not having the nutritional info on it won't make me buy it again.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    I'm thinking this is one of those products that you guys get to have down there in the States but is not available in western Canada!

yep you're right :grumble:
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    :happy: Have you seen, I bought some yesterday, Stoneybrook has a greek style yogurt out now, just like Fage but I got it for about 50 cents cheaper than Fage. This stuff is great, so many uses!!!
  • kel9680

I think after you are used to watery yogurt it takes a little time to adjust to greek style. I've never had anything but the Fage with honey, but yeah, it has a thick texture like cheesecake.

well, I will give it another try then, I have the flavored ones so I will try them next!
This discussion has been closed.