I hope everyone feels the same way about Fage as I do...

Replies

• coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    I am just lost on why this is good for you? The calories are so high for such a small dose. You could eat 2 Activia yogurts get the same amount of protein and still be less calories...
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    I am just lost on why this is good for you? The calories are so high for such a small dose. You could eat 2 Activia yogurts get the same amount of protein and still be less calories...

For me, it is more of a matter of how good it is. I love quality over quantity.
  • codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    agreed! for me it is quality! one 0% fage yogurt will fill me up for hours.

I also do not like eating things that are loaded with chemicals or ingredients I have never heard of...where Fage is made of milk and milk cultures, Activia (and other yogurts) are filled with fillers such as sugar, fructose syrup, corn starch, whey, gelatin, sodium citrate, malic acid, well...you get the point.

If I want to sweeten my greek yogurt Ill use preserves made only of fruit(no sweetener) I prefer apricot or fig flavors, or raw honey.

I'm not a hater though, I think everyone has to do what is right for them, if you like Activia then that's what you should eat!
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    ok I been trying to put it off for days but It won't let go.

I do not like Fage
  • lynniejones

I do not like Fage

My hubby doesn't either, but he doesn't like any yogurt or sour cream or blue cheese. Anything like that he thinks is rotted before you even buy it, he won't eat.
  • LilWaterBug
    LilWaterBug Posts: 213
    I'm still confused...Is Fage a brand name or a "type" of Greek yogurt? I have some plain Greek yogurt in the fridge right now that I used to make Tzatziki Sauce with. Could I be digging in to a sweet bowl of heaven right now and not even know it??

Yes, it is very good. Add a little honey and a few walnuts and you're holding heaven in the palm of your hand ... *ah*
    I'm going to go have a bit right now.

First time doing a "Quote" - hoping this works...DH is the Greek Food Fanatic, I'm learning and liking most of what I've cooked at home so far. Not being a big fan of yogurt in general - way too sweet for me (I'd rather eat cottage cheese) not to mention the texture issue....I sniffed the Greek Yogurt. While I'm sure it's not there, it kind of smelled like a hint of vanilla to me, kind of sweet. I asked DH if he ever ate it just "plain". He said he has but mixed it with jam. My question is...has anyone mixed in a little vanilla? What about Jam? Just a curiosity question. I may try it later tonigh with a drop of vanilla, some fresh frozen blueberries and walnuts...any thoughts?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,319 Member
    johnblake,

"If you don't have anything nice to say,"................... you are suspended from posting privileges on the Fage thread. :laugh: :wink:
  • Have you ever tried Kefir? It is awesome! It is loaded with probiotics as well and comes in great flavors! Blueberry is awesome!
  • johnblake
    johnblake,

"If you don't have anything nice to say,"................... you are suspended from posting privileges on the Fage thread. :laugh: :wink:
    I'm sorry:frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:
  • lynniejones
    I'm still confused...Is Fage a brand name or a "type" of Greek yogurt? I have some plain Greek yogurt in the fridge right now that I used to make Tzatziki Sauce with. Could I be digging in to a sweet bowl of heaven right now and not even know it??

Yes, it is very good. Add a little honey and a few walnuts and you're holding heaven in the palm of your hand ... *ah*
    I'm going to go have a bit right now.

First time doing a "Quote" - hoping this works...DH is the Greek Food Fanatic, I'm learning and liking most of what I've cooked at home so far. Not being a big fan of yogurt in general - way too sweet for me (I'd rather eat cottage cheese) not to mention the texture issue....I sniffed the Greek Yogurt. While I'm sure it's not there, it kind of smelled like a hint of vanilla to me, kind of sweet. I asked DH if he ever ate it just "plain". He said he has but mixed it with jam. My question is...has anyone mixed in a little vanilla? What about Jam? Just a curiosity question. I may try it later tonigh with a drop of vanilla, some fresh frozen blueberries and walnuts...any thoughts?

Sounds like you have a recipe for delisciousness, lady. :bigsmile: I eat mine with honey and walnuts.
  • lynniejones
    johnblake,

Go wash your mouth out with chunky bleu cheese dressing young man.
  • codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    I like mine with lots of different things, sugar free preserves, I'll put it on a baked potato, top it on a taco, etc...
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,319 Member
    I like mine with lots of different things, sugar free preserves, I'll put it on a baked potato, top it on a taco, etc...

purrrrrrrrrr, codykitty. kitty.gif?t=1237765353
  • johnblake
    johnblake,

like your new hair do
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member

I do not like Fage

My hubby doesn't either, but he doesn't like any yogurt or sour cream or blue cheese. Anything like that he thinks is rotted before you even buy it, he won't eat.

no blue cheese? GASP! Does he eat regular cheese, like cheddar? OMG I cannot imagine not eating delicious creamy blue cheese:noway:
  • lynniejones
    johnblake,

like your new hair do

Your forgiven.
    No bleu cheese punishment for you.
    flattery will get you everywhere
  • CassieNic
    CassieNic Posts: 223
    i had my first cup today, the one with strawberries to mix in,,,,,,OMG it was so good. i didnt want to share when hubby asked for a bite. :laugh:
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    I love Fage yogurt too, but I eat the full fat version, Fage Total.

I mix in some frozen strawberries, a bit of stevia and then freeze a hair............just like strawberry ice cream...... :love: :love: :love:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    just had some fage with chocolate protein powder...have a tooth ache and it was the perfect snack for now

fage is awesome:smile:
  • vanessadawn
    vanessadawn Posts: 249
    Don't think we get it in Canada unfortunately, we don't even have trader joes...
This discussion has been closed.