Pedometer

Options
I recently bought one and I worked out for an hour and 19 min and it said I only burned 175 calories? I'm wondering if it thinks I'm just walking? I did 40 of walking/running on a treadmill at an incline at fast various speeds and the last 35 min I did circuit training (jackie warner xtreme workout) Please help me understand why there is a big difference from this pedometer and what MFP says I'm actually burning, my pedometer doesn't seem right. I am using MFPs calorie food log and the exercise log and am seeing results....don't know about this pedometer. Please help. Thanks!

Replies

• clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    A pedometer simply counts steps. That's all.

It doesn't know if you're running, walking, riding a bike, lifting weights, sitting, whatever.
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    If you've got the budget for it, my trainer swears by the "Body Bug".... I can't justify the $$$, though.
  • estherpab
    estherpab Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    A pedometer simply counts steps. That's all.

It doesn't know if you're running, walking, riding a bike, lifting weights, sitting, whatever.

I figured that much, what about a HRM, I would think that works the same way as the pedometer? Thanks for reply.
  • estherpab
    estherpab Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    If you've got the budget for it, my trainer swears by the "Body Bug".... I can't justify the $$$, though.

I know that's too way more than I want to spend too... Thanks for the reply.
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I don't know anything about HRMs. Never used one. Back to pedometers. I have a $4 one. When I wear it I am motivated to walk the suggested 10k steps or more, in addition to my 30 minute workout for the day. Weight loss is kind of like horseshoes - you just have to get close on your estimates.