A perspective on "skinny" one's weight loss goal ...

Options

Replies

• CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I'd pick kiera's body over any of them. She just needs a more appealing top.

There was already a thread on this. some 15 pages long discussing how the bottom 4 have nearly the same measurements as the top 4.
    Plus it is not fair how the bottom 4 have actual photography pictures and the top are quick shots of them at the beach.

1000%
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    This is so unnecessary, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it would NEVER be ok for someone to post up pictures of bigger girls and say ew who wants to look like that, which essentially you are doing here with these very slim girls.

Several people have posted pics of what they call "skinny fat" (i.e. slim curvy girls) along side a skinny muscular girl. Those posts usually get hundreds of "thank you" posts raving about how much better the skinny girl with muscles looks. This is simply the other side of the coin.

I have seen threads like the "hot women with muscles" where ppl post images of more muscular women they find attractive. I've not seen any threads where people have made a comparison between two different types of aesthetic, whether that be body type or training goals, and said one is more attractive universally than the other. And if I did I would make the exact same comment as above.

Exactly! I'm the OP of that thread actually. That is what some find inspirational so it is where we share motivating pictures of what WE like. We don't dis other people's wants, that would be for another thread. People should accept all body types :] We have different desires and goals!
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    AGAIN!? Didn't we go through this for 120 billion pages the other day?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/452000-when-did-this-becomer-more-attractive-pic-i-hope

Rita Hayworth || 36.5C - 24 - 36
    Sophia Loren || 38C - 24 - 38
    Betty Grable || 36 - 24 - 35
    Vivien Leigh || 32A - 23 - 33
    Audrey Hepburn || 34A - 20 - 34
    Marilyn Monroe || 36 - 23 - 37
    Veronica Lake || 34 - 21 - 33
    Ava Gardner || 36 -23 -37
    Brigitte Bardot || 35.5 - 19 - 35
    Elizabeth Taylor || 36C - 21 - 36

Heidi Montag || 34-26-34
    Kirsten Dunst || 36C-24-35
    Keira Knightley || 32A-22-33
    Jennifer Love Hewitt || 34-26-36
    Nicole Fox || 31-23-35
    Gisele Bündchen || 35-23-35
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    If I could have a body like the third woman I'd be happy.
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    LIKES**
    The top row look like 12 year old boys!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Oh look this again,as chock full of hypocrisy as the last one.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I fit in with the women on the bottom, thank goodness cause the ones on the top need to eat lol

And im suprised Marilyn didnt get harpooned on the beach that day she took the pic
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Propaganda. Notice how the top row are candid surprise shots that are especially unflattering to those women. the bottom row are all staged shots in very flattering poses.

That is a really good point. I also want to say throwing Heidi and Kiersten in there isn't really fair. Most of the time Kiersten is a bit on the heavy side, and Heidi should never come into anyone's mind as any kind of sex symbol or role model. Have you seen her face? Yuck!
  • traceracer
    traceracer Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hubba Hubba!imagesCAFBC5F5.jpg
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/452000-when-did-this-becomer-more-attractive-pic-i-hope

Heidi Montag || 34-26-34
    Nicole Fox || 31-23-35

yep we did :yawn:

Same women, better photos.
    FWIW if you swap out Keira's and my heads our bodies are almost identical. I have a bit more upper body muscles.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRa6dFMiMsCxnRN-YhPyEmpujhfDygzylLe0aZY39T-eDlMyk9yDUhHv_vVJQ

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2010/news/100426/heidi-montag-3.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_mNqH8Q4PJ6c/TALul7H3NyI/AAAAAAAAAIA/0V9gxc9h4Kw/s1600/nicole-richie.jpg
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I missed this last time but I love you guys!

Heidi Montag || 34-26-34
    Nicole Fox || 31-23-35
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    this is all so dumb. i am so tired of it all. the whole what's hot & what's not. pooo..
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Yeah! Let's all make fun of the skinney *****es!

Ha! Ha! Look.. they're skinny!

My thoughts exactly.
  • secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    This is horse****! If someone posted about fat girls being ugly all hell would break loose! Quit being jealous bit©hes and start supporting each other!
  • shepar79
    shepar79 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you for that - the top ones look unhealthy - helps keep some perspective :)
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    Propaganda. Notice how the top row are candid surprise shots that are especially unflattering to those women. the bottom row are all staged shots in very flattering poses.

Very true observation.

That doesn't make ANY difference! The women in the top four pics are half the size of the bottom row! It doesn't matter what angle you take pics of them, or the girls on top... the ones on the bottom are ALWAYS going to be curvier than the top. No "propaganda" involved because the girls on the top WILL ALWAYS BE THAT TINY no matter HOW they are positioned.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options

Very true observation.

That doesn't make ANY difference! The women in the top four pics are half the size of the bottom row! It doesn't matter what angle you take pics of them, or the girls on top... the ones on the bottom are ALWAYS going to be curvier than the top. No "propaganda" involved because the girls on the top WILL ALWAYS BE THAT TINY no matter HOW they are positioned.

Hmm, I guess you missed the measurements of all of the gals posted on page 3 then.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options

So, I guess you missed THIS.

Heidi Montag || 34-26-34
    Nicole Fox || 31-23-35
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Men Love curves....Dogs love bones.... saw this on a magnet.

:laugh:
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    What I really want to know, is what exactly went into our food supply that caused us to get much bigger. Especially in the waist. When my mom was in her 20s she had an 18 inch waist (she was skinny, but didn't look anything like the people at the top. She looked more like Rihanna.) Today, really skinny women have 24 inch waists, when I surmise the same "skinny" woman in the 60s and 70s (and 40s and 50s) wold have been at 20 inches or less. Doesn't anyone find this a little weird? Why are we so much bulkier in the whole. Especially at that dimension. And let's not forget about the rash of 12 year-olds wearing C, D, DD bras.

Even if you factor out the extra calories and the decline in physical labor and daily work, how on earth did body frames and shapes change so much?
This discussion has been closed.