rl0bdell Posts: 2
    Options
    yay, I found it! :laugh: boo, they don't deliver here! :sad:

TOLD YA..neener:laugh:
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    who pissed in your cereal.....Smile its good for you

and yes I figured out it's cereal, still doesn't solve my darn protein powder issue :sad:
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    ok, so I just had an appointment with my personal trainer and my dietician, I was informed that i'm wasting my money on any kind of protein pwders, that it's a scam, most people who work out for fitness do not need them, I was told that chocolate milk, with a scoop of whey powder, if I wanted, but don't really need to add it, along with rice chek's?sp?..i've never heard of this stuff, is more than adequate for a gym rat like myself....anyone have any thoughts on this?? I work out on average three hours a day, 2 of it being different forms of cardio/plyometrics and at least an hour of heavy weights each day working different body groups. The dietician in specific, said unless I was marathon training or competing on an olympic level, protein shakes are not required....so now i'm confused :grumble: :frown:

Why are you taking the protien?
    if you are lifting and need to repair your muscles then your body can use the protien if your not breaking the muscle tissue down then your repair dosn't need the extra protien.
    I just what I'm asking is do you have muscle soreness? then take the protien.

I take it twice a day even more when I train for a show but I don't pay for the high price stuff, the Navy dosen't pay that well.
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I've got a fit show coming up..kind where gymnastics are involved as well, i've been training with weights a little harder than usual, and a little longer, i've been really sore lately and thought that the protein powder may help, i'm just a little thing, but my trainer has me for example doing 40 pound dumbells, 80 pounds!! for 12 reps, then he knocks it down to 30 for 12, the 20 for 12, we do this for 9 sets, same for my lying chest press, we start at 60 pound dumbells and go down, and every other exercise he can think of we do this way as well, since he's gone up in weight and changed my routine, i'm freaking aching..thought the powder might help me out a little.
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    I've got a fit show coming up..kind where gymnastics are involved as well, i've been training with weights a little harder than usual, and a little longer, i've been really sore lately and thought that the protein powder may help, i'm just a little thing, but my trainer has me for example doing 40 pound dumbells, 80 pounds!! for 12 reps, then he knocks it down to 30 for 12, the 20 for 12, we do this for 9 sets, same for my lying chest press, we start at 60 pound dumbells and go down, and every other exercise he can think of we do this way as well, since he's gone up in weight and changed my routine, i'm freaking aching..thought the powder might help me out a little.
    with out a doubt it will help you, you may want to look into creatine alsoo look into Beta-Alanine
    check out bodybuilding .com