just took my "before" pics.....YUCK!

Options
13»

Replies

• Mskckaye
    Mskckaye Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I can feel your pain..I saw pics of myself for New Year's eyes. I was floored trying to figure out who the fat woman wearing my outfit was....lol. I am very happy to be starting my journey, as wall as a little impatient. I think we will do fine. It does take a lot of will power and determination. With time we can do this. we didn't become overweight overnight, and we won't lose it overnight. Good luck to you on your journey.

You are so right...we didn't gain it overnight so it is gonna take sometime to get it off. But consistance and my 'past pictures" are all the motivation that I need. I don't like having a double chin....and that was all i saw in my old pictures...along with a double body...lol
  • CheleLynn44
    CheleLynn44 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    You will be so happy that you took before pics. I have seen on here so many times people wishing they had!!

I took mine, and I take new ones every 11th day of the month!! Same clothes same spot, same time of day!! I thought I may end up with a cool shrinking me flip book when I'm done!!! LoL. But I did this last time I lost over 80lbs and it was nice to look back on!!
  • MRNELSON0904
    Options
    You can do it. Just set a goal and keep a good mind set. Look at that picture everyday and remind yourself why you are doing what you are doing. Once you get on a roll take periodic pictures to compare and that will help keep you motivated as well.
  • MrsSullivan08
    MrsSullivan08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    i just cant get over how i look and i am hoping i am successful in losing the weight...im very impatient!

I am right there with you!
  • Dumbell_Diva
    Dumbell_Diva Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    People say it will take as much time to lose it as it did to gain it...well it took me 2 months to go from 124lb to 160lb...so I was imagining losing it all within 2 months but I think it will take me a bit longer than that!

My before pics were also a shock to me! My top half is much slimmer and in shape (sort of) and my lower half is much bigger, Im pear shaped but all the weight went on around my middle, everytime I look in the mirror I focus on my top half so it was a shock to see the whole of me! Until I saw those pics I always thought I was fine!

Im so glad I took those pics because even though Ive only lost 5lb, the difference in my tummy is amazing. I also Stayed The Same for a month!!!!! Scales didnt move until end of December. But now I am losing about half a pound to a pound per week so stick with it! In my 30s I had a fast metabolism, I lost 45lb after every pregnancy and it fell off, but this time around its much slower. Stick with it and you will soon see results. You can do this!
  • amandamb22
    amandamb22 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I hear ya, I'm avoiding mine but have to do it this week. Good luck with starting out, and think of the "after" pics! Someone also suggested taking your measurements, that's a great idea I hope you do that too.

10101314.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • xTenaciousJx
    Options
    i just posted my before pics last night......
  • edisonswifey
    edisonswifey Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Definately set small goals. Also, I would suggest measuring so can track how many inches you've lost. Something I wish I would've done from the beginning. I've lost 18 lbs in 2 1/2 months but went down 2 pant sizes so I know I'm losing inches like crazy. Tracking inches helps get you through your platow stages. Best of luck to you. You can do it! :)
  • edisonswifey
    edisonswifey Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    yes i took measurements...well my hubby did them for me. i was very embarassed but im lucky he is happy with me the way i look right now. it can only get better....

Sounds like you have great support from the hubby which is a plus! =)
  • Melmade
    Melmade Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I had my hubby take my pics *gleep* in a bikini. They're posted, but only as a reference point, and only available for mfp friends to see. Don't beat yourself up about the past--work with where you are now. The more regularly you exercise (and eat exercise calories), the more regularly you'll lose weight. :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!