What is your favorite breakfast food?

Replies

• Cheechos
    Cheechos Posts: 293
    I usually start off my mornings with a fruit smoothie. I always make sure I cut up and freeze fresh bananas and apples overnight and sometimes we buy pre-frozen bags of other kinds of fruit or berries. I also like to throw in a cup of spinach, fat free yogurt and a serving of soft tofu or whey for some extra vitamins and protein.
  • Ariana_75
    Ariana_75 Posts: 224
    I try to stay away from processed foods as much as possible, so cereals are not really part of my diet....no matter what the health claims on the box are.....cereal is always processed
  • An egg on whole grain bread. I love the prairie bread from Whole Foods. It keeps me full for hours.

Before my blender broke, I made green monsters everyday. Ice, soy milk (or almond or skim or whatever works for you), chocolate protein powder, spinach, half a frozen banana, and 1/2 Tbs. peanut butter. Almond butter is yummy in it too.
  • Ariana_75
    Ariana_75 Posts: 224

2-4 slices of turkey or canadian bacon

Yay to the Canadian bacon! =)
  • DS67ATX
    DS67ATX Posts: 289
    Anything with bacon would be nice but since Im watching what I eat I usually do yogurt or if Im really hungry I eat Subway which is really good.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    BACON.....................

j/k..................
    well, actually, I do love bacon ..............but my FAVORITE breakfast food is steel cut oats, with some brown sugar and a touch of milk.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......................

hold the milk, but maybe add some nuts
  • cindaboo1
    cindaboo1 Posts: 150 Member
    Most mornings I usually have one or the other of these;
    1/2 cup of oatmeal with ground flax seed, honey roasted slivered almonds, and almond milk.
    OR
    3 egg whites, 1 whole egg usually scrambled with spinach and seasoned with onion and garlic powder. And some sort of fruit.
    I have to fill up early otherwise I'll be starving by mid morning!!
  • ExerciseGeek
    ExerciseGeek Posts: 183 Member
    I usually have 3egg whites 1 whole egg, green or peppermint tea, handful of pumpkin seeds and a piece of fruit :-P
  • ltosoni
    ltosoni Posts: 74 Member
    1/3 cup of red river cereal with 1/2 cup almond milk, tablespoon of pure pumpkin and some cinnamon, so yummy!
  • SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Is my 320 calories too much for breakfast? Am I sabotaging myself? How many calories is everyone else's breakfast consisting of?
  • tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    2 egg whites and one egg scrambled with 2 tbsp 2% cottage cheese with pepper and basil---scrambled--on 2 slices of 35 cal/slice bread. I spread bread with 1/4 of an avocado. 280 calories WITH the avocado

To die for !!
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    I am a protein girl.

Poached eggs, on a tomato slice, spinach, dash of cheese (used to sit on an english muffin & add hollandaise sauce)
    side of asparagus

or

I do love leftover grilled salmon from dinner.
  • cereal and milk or oatmeal but i need to be more creative with my oatmeal cuz it's boring =/
  • tomato soup :D
  • A Vitamin Water Zero. So refreshing, a variety of flavors, and totally wakes me up on the drive to work.
    This is all you have for breakfast???

OMG I would pass out in the car if I only had that for breakfast!!!!

Same here! Food is the first thing I think of when I wake up, ha!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Breakfast is lunch for me!
    Skip it and sleep in!
  • Is my 320 calories too much for breakfast? Am I sabotaging myself? How many calories is everyone else's breakfast consisting of?

Mine's about 320 too! I don't there is a problem with that :)
  • sed484
    sed484 Posts: 69
    Jimmy Dean D-lights - turkey sausage, egg white, cheese, on a croissant. Less than 300 calories and A LOT of protein. LOVE
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    tomato soup :D

Haheeha
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Fresh homemade Chile Relleno, a poached egg on top, fresh made salsa......I could eat this breakfast, lunch AND dinner and not be sick of it!