MFP Runners Club for March 18th... everyone join in!!

Options
jessmomof3
jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
Open club so if you are a runner or want to be one, post here!!! :bigsmile:

Replies

• jessmomof3
    Options
    Open club so if you are a runner or want to be one, post here!!! :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    5.3 mile run w/ my buddies at 5AM this morning. Just basically a recovery run for me this morning. Felt good, surprisingly legs weren't sore from speedwork and biking y'day! :bigsmile:

Back & Biceps w/ my hubby tonight!
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    No running today but plan on doing close to 6 miles tomorrow.
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    P90X legs and back workout this morning. No run until tomorrow.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I tried to get up at 5:30 this morning to run on the treadmill. That was the plan, because I am playing basketball after work. However, I have been having trouble going to sleep at night so the 5:30 thing was a no-go for me today.

BUT! There is a but....I am playing basketball this evening, THEN I will be running. I hope I can run outside before the sun goes down because the weather is amazing today. If not, I'll be on the tread. I'm going to do at least 3 miles.
  • megancolleen
    Options
    I would like to join! Ran a little over three miles this morning! I want to increase my distance but that means getting up earlier! TOmmorow I am going to try and do 3 and a half miles and get up at 5:30 instead of 5:40!
  • Redbug
    Redbug Posts: 41
    Options
    Training for 1/2 Marathon in OKC at the end of April -- ran 5 this morning on treadmill. Seems a lot longer run when running inside v. outside. Yesterday's run went by in no time. Great start to a great day. Enjoy.
  • laylae0714
    Options
    Is anyone doing the Bridge Run in Charleston on April 4th?
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Ran 6 yesterday and gearing up for a 7 mile tempo run, as soon as my iPod is done charging! :tongue: Legs are feeling tired after yesterday's run and 2-1/2 hour hike. I'll let you know how I do!
  • hessied
    Options
    OK, so it wasn't pretty, but I got through my tempo run today.

1 mile warm-up
    5 miles @ 8:10 pace
    1 mile cool-down

It was just one of those days where I couldn't get into a rhythm. My breathing was screwy, my arms were tight and feeling like they were out of synch with my legs. Weird. Anyone else have those days?

Heading to the gym tonight for some lifting.

Hope everyone is having a good one today!
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    No running for me today. Woke up with a migraine. Struggled through my push-ups and level 2 of Jillian's 30 day Shred.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    No running for me today. Woke up with a migraine. Struggled through my push-ups and level 2 of Jillian's 30 day Shred.

UGH! That was me last Wednesday, I felt horrid. Hope you feel better soon!
  • Kimono
    Kimono Posts: 367
    Options
    6 last night, think today will be my day off.
  • MRSchultz
    MRSchultz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join your group. I've just started running again now that the weather is cooperating a little. I went three miles the other day. I am in a 5 mile race the first Sunday in April, but am looking for a 1/2 to do this spring/summer.

Marcia.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I'd love to join your group. I've just started running again now that the weather is cooperating a little. I went three miles the other day. I am in a 5 mile race the first Sunday in April, but am looking for a 1/2 to do this spring/summer.

Marcia.

I'm glad you joined us, Marcia! :wink: I think we need to find a half that we can meet up and do together, girl! :drinker:
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    We did a Last Man Up run at PT this morning, ran a little over 4 miles, with 2 big hills. Good run. :flowerforyou:
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! 8.25 miles for me today! YAY!
  • gflynt
    gflynt Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    3 miles for me this morning! :happy:
  • hessied
    Options
    We did a Last Man Up run at PT this morning, ran a little over 4 miles, with 2 big hills. Good run. :flowerforyou:

I've never heard of a Last Man Up run? :embarassed: What's that all about?

Glad you had a good run!
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options

I've never heard of a Last Man Up run? :embarassed: What's that all about?

Glad you had a good run!

(also called an Indian run/fartlek run)

you run in a line with a group of people, and take turns (starting with the person in the back) to sprint to the front. it's a pretty good workout, kicked my butt.