MFP Runners Club for March 18th... everyone join in!!

Options
2»

Replies

• runnerwithstyle
    runnerwithstyle Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    No run today.. I'm trying Bikram Yoga
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    We did a Last Man Up run at PT this morning, ran a little over 4 miles, with 2 big hills. Good run. :flowerforyou:

I've never heard of a Last Man Up run? :embarassed: What's that all about?

Glad you had a good run!

(also called an Indian run/fartlek run)

you run in a line with a group of people, and take turns (starting with the person in the back) to sprint to the front. it's a pretty good workout, kicked my butt.

That sounds fun. Am I demented?? :laugh:

Did interval walk/running today on my normal 2 mi route.
    Shaved 4 min off my total time. Kinda stressed right now, burned those frustrations.
    Also burned an extra 50 calories today. :smile:
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    5 miles on the tread, probably could have done more, but my knee (IT band) started to hurt a little and I didn't want to push it too much.

For me it was one of those days that everything felt right. I love those days! and watching a movie with closed caption while listening to my ipod really helps time go by on the treadmill.
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    No running for me today. Woke up with a migraine. Struggled through my push-ups and level 2 of Jillian's 30 day Shred.

UGH! That was me last Wednesday, I felt horrid. Hope you feel better soon!

Thanks - I'm just very sensitive to changes in atmosphere (if that sounds possible) - I always know when a low is over our area. Found a run to do in my old town in a few weeks so I'm going to have to gear up for a 10K.
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    We did a Last Man Up run at PT this morning, ran a little over 4 miles, with 2 big hills. Good run. :flowerforyou:

Glad you had a good run!

you run in a line with a group of people, and take turns (starting with the person in the back) to sprint to the front. it's a pretty good workout, kicked my butt.

Oh! I used to do those back in my field hockey days. That *does* kick your butt! :laugh:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    No running for me today. Woke up with a migraine. Struggled through my push-ups and level 2 of Jillian's 30 day Shred.

UGH! That was me last Wednesday, I felt horrid. Hope you feel better soon!

Thanks - I'm just very sensitive to changes in atmosphere (if that sounds possible) - I always know when a low is over our area. Found a run to do in my old town in a few weeks so I'm going to have to gear up for a 10K.

Yup, I have migraines with changes in barometric pressure (when fronts come in or out of the area). Amazing what our bodies do, isn't it?
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options

Glad you had a good run!

Ughhhhh. Those are TOUGH! I have my basketball girls do that for conditioning. Let's just say, they HATE it! haha.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Hi-- can I join? Quick history-- I overcame my family's (the family into which I was born, not the one I'm raising ) legendary loathing of exercise in general and running specifically back in 2005 and began running with my husband and loved it. Injuries sidelined me in 2006 and it never got back to being a vital part of my exercise repertoire.

I'll keep this long story short-- I remembered the better shape my ab area was in when I was running, and the mental benefits of that time running, lost in my own thoughts, with no one but me encouraging me to keep going when I feel like quitting-- total man versus himself conflict-- I love it.

I've been running on and off for a couple months, but decided to make this a priority. I ran 3 miles the other day, two yesterday since I rather have a cold-- and I intend to go for my first 5k in April-- go me. Ha.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options

Yup, I have migraines with changes in barometric pressure (when fronts come in or out of the area). Amazing what our bodies do, isn't it?

Yep, I am the same way and so is my Mom. I'm very sensitive to weather changes. Yuck!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Hi-- can I join? Quick history-- I overcame my family's (the family into which I was born, not the one I'm raising ) legendary loathing of exercise in general and running specifically back in 2005 and began running with my husband and loved it. Injuries sidelined me in 2006 and it never got back to being a vital part of my exercise repertoire.

I'll keep this long story short-- I remembered the better shape my ab area was in when I was running, and the mental benefits of that time running, lost in my own thoughts, with no one but me encouraging me to keep going when I feel like quitting-- total man versus himself conflict-- I love it.

I've been running on and off for a couple months, but decided to make this a priority. I ran 3 miles the other day, two yesterday since I rather have a cold-- and I intend to go for my first 5k in April-- go me. Ha.

Good for you!! I overcame the loathing of running (couldn't run a mile in high school) about 4 years ago and have loved it ever since! :laugh: Good luck on your 5K! :flowerforyou:
  • Kimono
    Kimono Posts: 367
    Options
    Just finished my 7-had to do it on the treadmill so decided to add some incline. Burned an extra 60 calories.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Ran 3 miles on thursday and just under 3 today...new route, not as far, I guess....but it was beautiful here today, so I really enjoyed it!