what do you guys do with canned tuna.

Options

Replies

• MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    So many ways..... so little time to share it with you :)

If I'm not making a lite tuna salad (with light miracle whip, some mustard, and s &p), I'm just putting a drizzle of a little olive oil on it, some s&p, and putting it over arugula, and shaving some parmesan cheese over it.

My problem is actually getting to eat it in peace. My freaking cats hear the can opener, and they come running from the woodwork and bother me to death.
  • time2bhealthy
    time2bhealthy Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I mix it with salsa and put it in lettuce leaves. It is a little messy to eat, but so good and very low calories!
  • cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    It goes so well with some boiled brown rice. It's bland but so nutritious and low in calories.
  • nlehmann
    nlehmann Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I second the cottage cheese with tomoato...yum!
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    1 Can of Tuna
    1 Egg
    1/4 Cup fine bread crumbs

Mix tuna, egg, and crumbs in a bowl. In a small skillet on Med/Med High cook patty on both sides for about 4 minutes. Top with lettuce, cheese, tomato and a little bit of vinegar.
  • Jessb1985
    Jessb1985 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    tuna
    canned diced tomatoes
    onion
    mushroom
    spinach
    capsicum
    then either add curry powder or taco seasoning

Could eat on it's own or add pasta/rice. Yum!
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    bump
  • soniaa777
    soniaa777 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    over rice with tapatio hot sauce and/or japanese rice seasoning
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I had some the other day with a tablespoon of Smart Beat mayo, chopped dill pickles, chopped tomato, sea salt and pepper. Scooped it up with Ak Mak (organic stone ground wheat crackers).
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    drain really well
    add 1 tblsp mayo, 1 tblsp relish, 1/4 small celery stalk (minced), 1/4 green onion (minced), pepper to taste

Put in a wrap or on a bed of lettuce with a bit of salad dressing. I love extra pickled and celery sticks on the side. yum.

A friend of mine adds chopped green apples a tblsp of peanut butter in her tuna. I haven't tried that yet though...
  • shanahan_09
    shanahan_09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I buy the mini cans of flavoured tuna (favourites are the lemon&pepper, and the dill). Make up a salad filled with fresh veggies, and throw it on top with a little bit of Italian dressing. Good stuff!!
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    So I always try to make "tuna cakes" but I never have eggs... so if you have eggs, that's an option. If not, I just dump it in a skillet and dry "fry" it then eat it with a fork and some cocktail sauce. I'm gross. Haha.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I like to make tuna salad with it. It's fab!

Just this recipe with tuna instead of chicken:

http://happygoodtime.com/2011/11/17/fatty-fast-food-rant-makeover-chicken-salad-sandwich/

Diced apple is a good sub for the grapes.
  • katekrise
    katekrise Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Mix with 2 eggs and 1/2 cup oatmeal then fry like a pancake. It's a tuna patty. Put it in a bun.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    ist2_2890967_spoon.jpg
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Open can.......pour onto plate and spread out evenly over the plate....feed to the cats while I eat a big salad!! :)
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    add an avocado and mash up with lemon and salt...yum!!!
  • thekat78
    thekat78 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You guys are gonna think this is super weird....

1 can of solid white albacore tuna
    1/2 cup of low-fat cottage cheese
    1/4 cup shredded cheese
    2 tbsp mustard
    a pinch or two of black pepper
    Deli fresh smoked turkey 6 slices shredded in

I also have Babybel Light cheeses on the side sometimes.
    It's like a bowl full of protein...lol :D
  • BSummers321
    BSummers321 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I keep it simple, I had some today with salad (cabbage, lettuce, carrot, tomato, spring onions/scallions etc) and a few tablespoons of low fat cottage cheese with some brown rice :) and had it with wholemeal bread the day before

Or I'll mix it with yogurt and a bit of dijon mustard and have it on a sandwich much like tuna mayonaise.
  • sdaught
    Options
    I love adding a teaspoon of olive oil and 1 - 2 tablespoons of fresh avacado with pepper to taste! Then I eat it plan or with a serving of NutThins :)