what do you guys do with canned tuna.

Options

Replies

• karagav
    karagav Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    i like to mix it with cottage cheese instead of mayo, and then whatever other veggies you put in regular tuna...usually it's pickles and celery for me!
  • pgpeacock
    Options
    Open one can of tuna, mix in 1 tbsp of mayo and mustard, spread in on a slice of bread, put in in the toaster oven, and put some tomato slices on top once it's nice and toasty

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmMMMMMMM

260 calories(ish) if you use light mayo, and depending on the bread you use

.......sounds yummy !!! :wink:
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    mix with a little olive oil mayo and put on whole wheat toast with avocado spread lettuce and cucumber
  • beckie1185
    Options
    I make a box of whole wheat pasta. Add the tuna with a can each of fat free cream of mushroom and cream of chicken soups, and add whatever is your favorite vegetable, then once the soup mixture is heated, add in the cooked pasta. This is a staple, one pot casserole in my house.

This is exactly what I do! I love it and it is super easy!
  • andforpoise
    Options
    I've paired it with wasabi paste, cucumbers, and avocado and a little soy sauce and put it in a wrap... it was tasty but I think I used too much wasabi! Other than that, I usually just do mayo and chopped pickles. I've also put it on top of a thin bagel that had dill cream cheese on it! That was pretty good too :)
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    low cal tuna casserole!! low sodium mushroom soup and shirataki noodles, peas and cheese!!
  • ashleylynnexo
    ashleylynnexo Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I add about half a tablespoon of light mayonnaise, (only time I ever use mayo..it actually disgusts me. I guess thats a good thing) and some pepper, on whole wheat bread toasted.

This makes me want tuna! ahh. Too late, too late. Those extra 386 calories can stay extra, ahh.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Paperweight?

You mean you EAT canned tuna? Bleeachk!

(Fresh, raw tuna? Now you're talkin')
  • suthrnladey
    Options
    IDon;t put mayo in my tuna. I use vinegar instead. Just a little for taste. Then I find it's really nice with some tomato and pepper in a pitta bread, warmed in the oven for a few minutes.

I put vinegar in my tuna, too!! My friends think that's weird...happy to know I'm not alone :smile:
  • Beckym1205
    Beckym1205 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Take can of tuna, open trash can, put can of tuna in tash can, close trash can. :)

I've never been a tuna fan
  • Ben3181
    Options
    eat it straight out of the can
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Take can of tuna, open trash can, put can of tuna in tash can, close trash can. :)

I've never been a tuna fan

I'm with ya.
  • natika33
    natika33 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    squeeze of lemon, cracked pepper. Straight from the can... less dishes :laugh:

This actually sounds quite delicious! Must try it sometime. I always have lemon juice in my fridge and a pepper grinder around too, so this would be an easy snack on days where I forgot to do some grocery shopping.

All these are ideas are fantastic. (^_^)
  • JeriParker
    Options
    Tuna / Egg Salad or Tuna mixed w/ Lettuce is how I like 2 eat tuna.
  • LibLiu82
    Options
    Haven't seen my favorite yet. I got totally addicted to tuna pizza in Finland. (Crazy right?? haha) My husband makes the best pizza dough, then tops it with sauce, tuna, pepperoni, pimentos, pineapples and of course a nice sprinkle of mozzarella. Now THATS good eatin'!
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    Bump
  • SB1166
    SB1166 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just had a can of tuna for lunch; I squirted some yellow mustard on top and scooped it up with celery sticks....simple but tasty

This is close to what I do. Since starting dieting I skip the mayo and use mustard instead. Sometimes I put some tomato and lettuce with it but I almost always add pepper. I just eat it like that but a wrap or crackers works well. I haven't tried celery yet but I like that idea so I'll try it next time. I also just thought about maybe cucumber. Dunno but I'll try it
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I'd tell you what I did with it back in my fat lady mind set days but I'm not that girl anymore. I'll have to read the posts too to get skinny girl ideas.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    It's loathsome.
    I won't eat it, because it makes me gag and they load it down with salt.
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I like it the old fashioned (IMO) way: Tuna, Mayo (Light), diced pickles, diced celery, salt and pepper on either whole wheat bread or crackers.

Some of these recipes sound really good too though!