A bit concerned...

Options
Recently I switched to a different eating plan. After reading the article on CNN I decided that I might as well, nothing else has worked. So I took up the twinkie diet. I mean, the guy who did it had his cholesterol drop, and his BMI is normal now. So I started to do it. I am eating between 1500 and 1800 calories per day. It's really easy since they are all packaged and marked. But I am wondering if I should take a vitamin or other diet supplement with it? I don't get hungry since I eat about every three hours. Here is the story http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html My biggest concern is I am only losing about 3-4 pounds a week and i really want to lose faster. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do to speed up my weight loss?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,118 Member
    Options
    2/10
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I think you need a bit more balance in your diet. Try a zinger to mix it up a bit, different artificial colorings can effect weight loss in different ways. A HoHo or a snowball might also work nicely.
  • amandalfn
    Options
    Not eat twinkies:)
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    only 3 to 4 pounds i wouldnt be upset with that thats twice what is recommended with diet n exercise alone plus your stretched skin wouldnt retain its elasticity if you lost weight so drastically it would be worse in the long run imo
  • RayRay1500
    RayRay1500 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I saw the piece on this diet. At 1500-1800 3 to 4 pounds is good. I am eating 1280 and losing 2-3 w/o exercise. If you want to lose more, cut your calories more, or burn some.
  • Indy_Mario
    Options
    Have you tried zig-zagging?

Eat 20 one day, 5 the next, switch it up. Repeat every 2 or 3 weeks.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    too many carbs, just eat the sugar inside until you reach your calories
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    What you need to do is make sure that your twinkies are evenly spaced over the course of the day, otherwise your metabolism might slow down. You also might want to wake yourself up a couple of times during the night to eat one, just to make sure it doesn't shut down completely. :flowerforyou:
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I want to assume this is a troll...
    I refuse to believe that is a real thing.
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Could not agree more with the above posters -- definitely try to space them out. And zig-zagging should yield at least another 3 lb loss per week. Maybe eat like, 20 one day and then only have 5 the next day. Sometimes you just have to trick your body a little bit to make progress. Congratulations on your loss so far. You look amazing. The sugar is really doing wonders for your skin!! Your eyes even look brighter!
  • spruitt001
    spruitt001 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The man who participated in this study did take suppliments. He had vitamins daily, and also had a protein shake daily. You cannot survive on the twinkie diet. He did not recommend the diet to anyone. He was just proving a point that calories matter more than what you are actually eating.
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    I think you need a bit more balance in your diet. Try a zinger to mix it up a bit, different artificial colorings can effect weight loss in different ways. A HoHo or a snowball might also work nicely.

^^ This, definitely!!
  • Josteyn
    Josteyn Posts: 44
    Options
    This has to be a USAnian thing... WTF is a twinkie??
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Try theme days like Deep Fried or Buttered.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

^^ This, definitely!!

The article mentioned Oreos and Doritos as well.
  • hausofnichele
    Options
    Deep frying them might add extra calories on days when you need to rev up your metabolism.

deep-fried-twinkie.jpg
  • traceracer
    traceracer Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    You arent eating enough twinkies. Try up your twinkies about 40% and that should help...
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I want to assume this is a troll...
    I refuse to believe that is a real thing.

^^ Lol me too! I can't believe this is for real!
  • dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    *sobs* can't get twinkies here! I'm doomed! :sad:
  • hausofnichele
    Options
    I know right? It kind of looks like a mozzarella stick on a stick. I've always wondered how deep fried sugar tastes. Kev, I think you should definitely whip up a batch of these asap.