13»

Replies

• FitnessGirlie16
    Options
    Agreed on the steel cut oats!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I wish I had some good advice, but I looked at your diary and it shows less calories for the day than I had at dinner last night. I would suggest exercising some so you can earn more calories.
  • mmanalo1
    Options
    Try a protien shake and a piece of fruit. I usually drink premier protien chocolate shakes and they taste like yoo hoo.... but even better they keep me from feeling hungry between breakfast and lunch. 160 calories 30 grams of protien and if im still hungry I try a small apple worth 35 to 45 calories.

Good luck!
  • JeanniebeanL79
    JeanniebeanL79 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I eat eggs in the morning, they are filling. I also made panko chicken cutlets with perdue thin sliced cutlets that are filling and healthier than reg. chicken cutlets. I bake them and have 2 with vegetables for lunch or put them in a salad. I am a big eater so that also motivates me to exercise everyday to get more calories because my goal for the day is 1200 and that is not nearly enough! Best of luck to you. Feel free to friend me if you want to chat and check out how much food I eat a day and still stay under everyday(with exercise calories).
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Look at your diary from yesterday. More than a third of your calories came from crisps, pretzels and cookies. For dinner, all you had was spinach and croutons (I think it was 50 calories?). Dressing does not fill you up or give you nutrients and it was 240 calories. No wonder you are starving. You need to eat more real food. Lean protein, lots of veggies, fruit, and some healthy fats to keep you feeling full. Don't just make the calories low, make them quality calories that count. Snack on raw veggies. They give you crunch, but also nutritional value and low cal. If you need a treat, have one a day, not three.
  • sbuxie
    sbuxie Posts: 2
    Options
    My first week I felt hungry all the time but at some point I stopped feeling hungry - I guess my stomach just got used to the 1200 calories a day. I also never deprive myself completely - just lots of portion control and count everything. I.e. instead of bowl of icecream, just eat a spoon full. Instead of a full sandwich, eat it open faced (1 pc of bread).

To get me to the next meal, sometimes I eat a small Slim Jim (yah, not the greatest so far as fat and sodium - but one isnt bad) - that one 40 cal slim jim does wonders.

I also munch on pretzels and carrots.

I also read that almonds do the same thing - they stabilize your blood sugar and fill that hunger until the next meal.

I also read that by adding a little bit of protein to every meal, it wards off hunger longer. I.e. put chicken or nuts in your salad, nuts in your yogurt, Peanut butter on a piece of bread. So far it's worked for me.
  • sbuxie
    sbuxie Posts: 2
    Options
    This is my first week (Day 2)and I feel hungry all the time. I wanted to do some excercise but I didn't have any energy left to do it. I hope it'll get easier next week. :)