Discouraged...

Options
13»

Replies

• sharonlane23
    Options
    Hi i'm Sharon, i have been in that place alot of times too, the one thing i can tell you is you made a wise choice by writing it down, on here and talking to people who know exactly where you are coming from, i have alot more then 100 lbs to lose but we can't look at the big picture, we have to take it day by day minute by minute! often times i look in the mirror and i dont see anything happening on the outside, but you know we are changing on the inside, and right now that more important. we have to be here for each other in good times and bad, we can do this, together ! hang in there sweetie, tomorrow will be better.
  • traumensie
    traumensie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there, and congrats on making the decision to make changes in your life that will improve your health, and boost your self-esteem! I know it's hard some days, but here are a few of the things I do that help me stay focused on my goals that I hope help you too:

1. The next day, week, month is gonna pass - what do I want at the end of it cause it's coming one way or another!
    2. Focus on numbers. Maybe this appeals to my inner OCD but I focus on calories eaten, or calories burned, or how much water I've had that day, how many minutes I exercised (I actually entered 10 minutes of walking today for a whopping total of 33 calories burned hahaha!) but darn it, it's that collection of numbers (calories in, calories out) that will add up to my goal. I can't get to my goal today, but thinking in terms of those numbers gives me something I can do right now, today, that brings me closer to where I want to be. I feel good when I enter a number that is within my target range - something I can feel good about right now and not get impatient with the slow process of weight loss.
    3. Keep posting and connecting with people who are fighting the same fight as you. It is really comforting to know you're not alone!

Good luck!
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    You're making progress. Not turning to food when you're discouraged is a huge leap forward. Soak up all the rewards along the way---doesn't it feel good- TODAY- to eat healthier? Do you feel endorphins after you exercise? Are you meeting anyone supportive/fun/interesting in this new fitness hobby? There are so many gains in addition to weight loss. Broaden your perspective and settle in for a ride.
  • nursy911
    Options
    I suggest breaking down your weight loss into smaller goals....Like in 15 or 20 lbs increments.....so that each goal is more manageable. On the positive side......you are able toe exercise and you have a whole community of support! You CAN DO IT!!
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with but a single step! Take each day as it comes and success will be yours! Good luck :)
  • FatgutBgone
    FatgutBgone Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged. This is like eating an elephant. You have to do it one bite at a time. You should concentrate on what you have done so far.Set a small goal at a time. I try to go for 2 lbs at a time. Plan each day what you are going to do and eat and try to match your calories you eat to the calories you burn as close as possible. That is what I have been doing. When I feel bad or upset I do some jumping jacks or lift weights or some sort of exercise to get my mood up again.

Stay strong -[][][]
    [][][]- and live long,
  • ruby_red_rose
    ruby_red_rose Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    One great piece of wisdom I have received...we always overestimate what we can do in a day, but underestimate what we can do in a year. Take your time and enjoy the process. You'll get there!
    Love this quote!
  • Switty_Kitty
    Switty_Kitty Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Im discouraged too and my goal feels impossible. But the only way we will make there is to keep plugging away at it! Giving up is not an option.

Best of luck to you! :flowerforyou: