Healthier Salad dressing?

Options
124»

Replies

• kayleen_longworth
    kayleen_longworth Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    This is my new favorite. Lots of garlic flavor. Could easily make this at home without the honey to lessen the sugars. This does not get refrigerated because the oils in it solidify! Run under hot water for about 30 seconds liquifies it again. Shake well! Found in the organic/natural foods section.

Bragg's Healthy Vinaigrette
    http://bragg.com/products/vinaigrette.html

2 Tbls/serving = 90 cal, 9g fat (1.5g Sat fat), 60 mg sodium(3%), 3g carbs (2g sugars).

Information:

Certified* Organic, this healthy vinaigrette dressing makes a salad special with its tasty, tangy flavor. A zesty blend of our Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, Bragg Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, purified water, organic honey, organic garlic, Bragg Liquid Aminos, organic onion, and organic black pepper. Our unique taste brings you a healthy alternative with all the best of the Bragg tradition of healthy eating and living.

*Certified Organic by Organic Assurance International in accordance with the USDA organic standards.

Ingredients: Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, Bragg Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, purified water, organic honey, organic garlic, Bragg Liquid Aminos, organic onion, organic black pepper, natural xanthan gum.
  • Jordasm
    Options
    Garlic Expressions is the only store bought dressing I will use!
  • ZombieSlayer
    ZombieSlayer Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Greek Salad Dressing/Vinaigrette

http://healthydoesntmeanboring.blogspot.com/2011/06/greek-salad-dressingvinaigrette.html

1/4 c. olive oil
    1/4 c. basalmic vinegar
    1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
    2 Tbsp lemon juice
    1 Tbsp garlic, minced
    1 Tbsp lemon zest
    1 Tbso McCormick Greek Seasoning blend
    1 tsp garlic powder

Mix all ingredients well, with a whisk or shaker. Allow to sit for at least 2 hours before serving. I recommend recycling an old salad dressing bottle/jar or other tightly sealed container for storage. Shake/Stir well before serving.

Makes 10 servings

Per serving (2 Tbsp)
    Calories - 53
    Carbohydrates - 1.5
    Sugars - 1g
    Fiber - 0g
    Fat - 5.5g
    Saturated Fat - 1g
    Cholesterol - 0mg
    Protein - 0g
    Sodium - 64mg
  • yokem55
    Options
    I'm a blue cheese junkie and I was horrified when I really started paying attention to the calories in the pre-made dressiings. But I've come up with a pretty good alternative - Non-fat plain greek yogurt, light blue cheese crumbles, pepper, lemon juice, and some rice vinegar. Depending on the ratios of cheese to yogurt you use, you can make the dressing really pretty light, even compared to the store bought light blue cheese dressings.
  • MrsSullivan08
    MrsSullivan08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Some more great ideas! Thank You!
  • ncrissey460
    ncrissey460 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have no clue where I should be posting this but what are some yummy salad dressings that are low cal? I love ranch but its very high calorie. :( Any suggestions are welcome.

I have just the thing: try Walden Farms.. calorie free, sugar free, fat free, carbohydrate free, gluten free and cholesterol free. I have no idea how it tastes. I just bought the Seseme Ginger and will try it out tonight. They have ranch and blue cheese too. I found it at Krogers, HEB has it too.. not sure where you are.

Check out their website at WaldenFarms.com.. sodium isn't too bad either.. 260mg per 2 tbs serving.

I just bought the blue cheese, honey mustard, and the ranch dressings. Its not like my marzetti's blue cheese and hidden valley ranch but i can drench my salad and not feel bad about it! haha! i just add a lot of pepper to it
  • chippy83
    chippy83 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse Farms makes a GREAT ranch dressing. Made with yogurt and it in the cooler section of the store. I's like 45 calories per serving and tastes GREAT!!!

I agree! This is the yummiest ranch on the market, and I think it's better than the full-fat versions!