What do you eat when you snack?

Options
I have a big bowl with fruit in it and I put it on my table so I will reach for that instead of eating junk food.

Replies

• Inebriated
    Options
    Apples, carrots, peanut butter, cucumber, deli meat, slice of cheese, pickles, cocoa roasted almonds or popcorn.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Microwave popcorn, greek yogurt, string cheese.
  • Indygirl6
    Options
    Love tortilla chips (low fat) and salsa. If I am craving sweet, i go for carmel flavored rice cakes or an orange. :)
  • luvmybaby333
    Options
    Usually, whatever I want. But that's probably why I'm here. LOL. Seriously, though, it may not be the healthiest plan, but I'd assume that you can eat whatever you want for a snack as long as you're under your calorie goals. My favorite snack would be cheese... But obviously that is high in calories, so I have to watch it. The problem for me is that I can't really eat just a piece of fruit as a snack. I can't eat any sort of sweet food as a snack, because then I feel really sick. So if I have an apple, then I have to try to eat some sort of protein with it. Usually when I have an apple for breakfast I try to eat it in the very middle of my meal. I'll eat half my breakfast sandwich, then eat my apple, then eat the other half of my sandwich so that the sugar doesn't make me feel funny.
  • musicaljessica
    Options
    Usually, whatever I want. But that's probably why I'm here. LOL. Seriously, though, it may not be the healthiest plan, but I'd assume that you can eat whatever you want for a snack as long as you're under your calorie goals. My favorite snack would be cheese... But obviously that is high in calories, so I have to watch it. The problem for me is that I can't really eat just a piece of fruit as a snack. I can't eat any sort of sweet food as a snack, because then I feel really sick. So if I have an apple, then I have to try to eat some sort of protein with it. Usually when I have an apple for breakfast I try to eat it in the very middle of my meal. I'll eat half my breakfast sandwich, then eat my apple, then eat the other half of my sandwich so that the sugar doesn't make me feel funny.

If you don't like sweet foods and want to snack why don't you try eating some lunch meat, veggies and houmous, a triangle or two of dairylea cheese, I'm sure once you start thinking there are plenty of healthy alternatives. If you grab unhealthy snacks because it's easier why not try spending half an hour once a week and bag or box up snacks for each day? For example I have started getting a tub and putting a small pot of houmous, carrot batons, dairylea, ham and some nuts in. That means I have a bit of what I fancy to carry with me/keep in the fridge whenever I'm peckish.

Don't think I'm lecturing, hoping just to provide some friendly advice :)
  • MzzAisha
    MzzAisha Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    String cheese, greek yogurt, banana, orange, almond (only like 7 because of the fat content) kelloggs 90 calorie bar
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Greek yogurt, unsalted almonds, edamame, grapes, somersaults, carrots with hummus, peanut butter toast (yum)
    just to name a few of my regular snacks
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    String cheese, greek yogurt, banana, orange, almond (only like 7 because of the fat content) kelloggs 90 calorie bar

the fat is not bad for you!
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Sweet - A square or two of Green & Blacks Mayan Gold
    Savoury - Cashews (10)
    Refreshing - Fruit/Ice Lolly
  • setter928
    setter928 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Air Popped popcorn, Clementines, High Fiber Bars, Yogurt with either oreos or strawberries
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    Usually apples or cucumber and humous. It depends on how many cals I have for the day, though.
  • Toxictwist
    Options
    -Yogurt
    -1 tbsp peanut butter on 1 rice cake, topped with a banana or raisins
    -100 cal bag of almonds
    -air pop-corn
    -celery with peanut butter
    -apple
  • sammyjowedeking
    Options
    i always keep yocrunch in my house its fatfree vanilla yogurt with either m&m's or oreo crumbles you can get it at walmart. I usually have that with a cup of strawberry halves. its filling and feels great after a workout with a big bottle of water!
  • Shannonnn92
    Shannonnn92 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    - granola
    - grapefruit
    - carrots & celery with hummus
    - air-popped popcorn
    - celery & peanut butter

those are the snacks I usually turn to :)
  • Squabby2
    Options
    Raw vegetables. Especially green raw vegetables. When you are thru you don't crave something else sweet. Fruit such as orange, grafefruit, apple, peach. If you have to have something sweet, brownie fiber bar, or one of their 90 calorie bars. 2 a day only. 80 oz. of water and only 2 sodas a day. Best choice is Zero sprite. No calories and does not taste like a diet drink. Never drink any det drink with carmel coloring.
  • luvmybaby333
    Options
    Fixed quote...
  • luvmybaby333
    Options

If you don't like sweet foods and want to snack why don't you try eating some lunch meat, veggies and houmous, a triangle or two of dairylea cheese, I'm sure once you start thinking there are plenty of healthy alternatives. If you grab unhealthy snacks because it's easier why not try spending half an hour once a week and bag or box up snacks for each day? For example I have started getting a tub and putting a small pot of houmous, carrot batons, dairylea, ham and some nuts in. That means I have a bit of what I fancy to carry with me/keep in the fridge whenever I'm peckish.

Don't think I'm lecturing, hoping just to provide some friendly advice :)

No problem with the lecturing. LOL. I'll take all the advice I can get. I'm not really reaching for bad foods just because they're easier, though. I reach for them because I want them. I have had days where I snack on hummus and carrots. And then I've had other days where I snack on Cheeze-Its or brie & bread. I also "snack" on left-overs too... My eating habits are pretty funky. At this point my main goal is to keep my calories in check (which apparently I can do, even while eating junk), and once I've mastered that and lost some weight, then I'll worry more about focusing on cutting out the junk. Great ideas, though! I need to get some little food storage containers and try it out. :-)
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    pretzels, chips, ice cream , cookies .... thats a snack i rarely have any more ..now in between meals i eat to fuel myself which is usually fruit and or protein shakes.. i dont consider that snacks ..just something that keeps me going through the day for energy
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    Chocolate whey protein, sugar snap peas, saute`ed okra with garlic and onion, and avocado, sometimes popcorn depending on my mood.
    edited to add, carrots, almonds, pistachios, walnuts, a kiwi, an apple.