Anyone else a cereal addict?

Options
tistal
tistal Posts: 869 Member
I could eat cereal 3 meals a day. My absolute favorite is Special K with strawberries. I know its not the best thing to eat all the time but its nice when I need a quick snack. I have mine with unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Im a couponer and got a ton (10 boxes) of Kashi Go Lean a couple of weeks ago but have not moved on to it yet. I only got 2 kinds. The honey almond flax and the berry. Im thinking the Kashi has got to be the better option since I am seriously lacking in protein and it is higher in protein than Special K. I read on one of the threads about someone putting the Kashi in unflavored greek yogurt. Anyone tried this? That would be something I would eat too!

Replies

• allibrie29
    allibrie29 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am absolutely a cereal addict----The Wal-Mart brand if my favorite---It's called Strawberry Awake--but I love the Kashi one as well. I like it with Skim Milk--but mainly because I have never tried Almond milk of Soy----Is it really good??
  • tistal
    Options
    Bump because threads are getting lost in the drama on here!
  • tistal
    Options
    I like the almond. I have never tried the soy. I didnt think I would like the almond because I am a milk drinker but its good.
  • maycontainjane
    maycontainjane Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed with cereal. It's relatively low-cal and there's a million varieties and the majority taste great! The only problem is it causes me to overload on carbs. Lately I just don't care, though. Can't let go of my Kix with almond milk <3
  • RoosterB
    RoosterB Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I love cereal too, but you have to check the label carefully, some is very high in sugar.
  • ErnestinesMom
    Options
    Huge cereal fan...used be that I would end up with too much milk, so added more cereal...then of course too much cereral so added more milk...then the box was gone.

Now I use a food scale, measure out in grams in the bowl, add skim milk and I am done. (one portion...I think something like 53 grams...kashi go lean...not the crunch...but I sometimes have the berry..yummy)
  • shasha_84
    shasha_84 Posts: 170
    Options
    I am addicted to just plain cherrios or frosted mini wheats. :smile: I use either plain soy milk or vanilla soy milk. YUM!
  • ErnestinesMom
    Options
    I love cereal too, but you have to check the label carefully, some is very high in sugar.

Absolutely too much sugar in some of them...and not whole grain.

BTw, can u tell me how to attach my weight loss ticker to my siggy...thanks!
  • Blugal1
    Blugal1 Posts: 92
    Options
    I love cereal and have a hard time weaning myself off... just bought a box of Life although my favourite is actually plain Cheerios. However, Cheerios are good if you want milk with something crunchy in it - they don't actually fill you up.

It is shocking how much sugar even the "good" cereals have. I compared Froot Loops to Raisin Bran and Bran Buds once and couldn't believe they were almost the same.
  • SeekingKarma
    SeekingKarma Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    YES!! I love cereal. Quick, easy, not too many calories, and there's many varieties
  • ErnestinesMom
    Options
    I am addicted to just plain cherrios or frosted mini wheats. :smile: I use either plain soy milk or vanilla soy milk. YUM!
    [/quote]

I agree, Cheerios are amazing. And I have no control over them...so I stay away. I have no problem with Kashi Go Lean, and I think it has to do with the protein in theirs.

Back in the day, I go zoom through an entire box of Cheerios. Now they make all kinds of tempting flavors...that's very mean. :sad:
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I could eat cereal 3 times a day too!!!!!!!!
  • dHowe4406
    dHowe4406 Posts: 114
    Options
    Love cereal too! I just started to use vanilla almond milk and now I love cereal even more.
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    i used to eat it all the time but gave it up all except oatmeal which i eat plain with no milk --just sprinkle cinnamon on it..only because im trying to lose weight and body fat ..i could eat a whole box of cereal though if i allowed myself
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I love cereal... i like with fat free milk.... all cereal.... but i try to stay with the better for u ones and measure i portions
  • Kristene618
    Options
    yessssssssssssssss!!!!! i could eat it 3 times a day.. in fact i just had it for dinner b/c i had a pretty heavy lunch today.
  • dara516
    dara516 Posts: 68
    Options
    Cerel is absolutely the best! I was just thinking today how much I'd love to eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, lol. #yum
  • rowyourboat
    rowyourboat Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    For you Cheerio lovers out there...stay far far far away from the new Multigrain Cheerios PEANUT BUTTER. It's absolutely delicious!! The thing about it is that a serving size is 3/4 cup instead of the usual 1 cup. Hmmmm....maybe that's what's for breakfast tomorrow. The only time of day where self control is somewhat good. If I were to have it as a snack tonight, I would finish the box off.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm, multigrain cheerios..... Cinnamon toast crunch...... Frosted mini-wheats..... OMG I could live off of cereal. I used to eat it like 2 big bowls at a time. NOW, I try to restrain myself. I actually will NOT eat it for breakfast any more - I need protein with my breakfast or else I'm hungry again in an hour. I DO have it for snacks sometimes, but I will actually pull out my kitchen scale and pour out 28g (or whatever the serving size is) and snack on it dry. YUM. I use my kitchen scale so that I KNOW the serving is accurate.
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to cut down on cereal, but it's so hard. I LOVE it! Cinnamon Life is my favorite