How often do you workout??

Options
I have been SooOOoo lazy and dreading the gym. This week I decided to switch it up and instead of doing the treadmill I did work out classes like Zumba and Dance. But today no classes are offered so it's back to the boring treadmill..

So I was just curious to how many times a week do you guys work out and for how many minutes? Also how do you keep motivation yourself to keep going to the gym and from getting bored??

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    4x per week for 1-1.5 hrs
  • twanthe1
    twanthe1 Posts: 407
    Options
    5 times a week, 1hr of cardio and 1hr of strength training.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    4-5 days a week. Cardio for 45 minutes and weights for 20 minutes.

Motivation for me is how I feel after a workout as well as getting to eat more food that day. :wink:
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    In general (unless I absolutely don't have the time), I:

- Walk 5+ miles four times a week.
    - Cycle 2+ miles three times a week.
    - Cycle 5+ miles once a week.
    - Do light exercise (e.g. gentle Kinect game, short walk) once a week.

I'll be honest, motivation is hard for me, but for the first 15 months I struggled every day, and now I've joined MFP I at least have the added motivation that comes from being able to eat back my exercise calories. That's a reason to work out, in itself.

Mostly, it's about the long-term goal, but it is hard to remember that when the house is warm, it's raining outside and I've been working for 14 hours.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    3-5x per week. here is what I aim to do, but sometimes don't get in all of these workouts.

M: boot camp. 1 hour

T: rest day

W: full body resistance circuit (30ish minutes) + 3-6 15 second sprints with rest in between (5-10 minutes)

R: run for 30-50 minutes

F: rest day

SA: something intense, whether its sprint interval training, an Insanity DVD, or a crazy routine from bodyrock.tv....or sometimes I repeat what I did on Wed. 30-60 minutes

SU: bike ride. 60ish minutes
  • addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    how do you keep motivation yourself to keep going to the gym and from getting bored??

Not being fat and weak is my motivator.
    Being an adult and capable of controlling my mind is what keeps me focused.
  • skullkrusher22
    Options
    I am now on a strength training regimen. Lift 4-5 times a wk emphasizing core in every workout. Drop sets for upper body. High rep for legs & small muscle groups. 1 cardio day which consists of running on the track & bleacher climbing.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    6-7 days a week, 40+ min running most days, 20 min circuit training when I can (it's the morning...)
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Lately, 7 days a week. 4 days of strength training and cardio and the other 3 cardio only.
  • pinkprincessmama
    pinkprincessmama Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I do something different everyday.

Monday - 60 min High Intensity Interval Training class, then 30 minutes treadmill

Tuesday - 60 min body pump class, then 60 min Zumba class

Wednesday - 60 min Turbo Kick class, then 30 min treadmill

Thursday - 60 min Body Pump class, then 60 min Pilates

Friday - 30 min Treadmill

Saturday - random 60 min class,, or treadmill

Sunday - off:-)
  • MzGrinch9250
    MzGrinch9250 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    6 days per week on Circuit strength training for 30 minutes.
  • nikkijoshua
    nikkijoshua Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I workout 6 days/week for 1-2 hrs. I do cardio (step aerobics, boxing, kickboxing, aerobics, plyometrics), interval training, circuit training, HIIT, bootcamp, steady-state cardio, weight training, pilates, barre, resistance bands, and yoga. The variety keeps me excited about working out. It's something different everyday. Cardio machines bore me to tears so I don't get on the treadmill, elliptical, or anything like that. I love group exercise classes, but at a gym, you can only do what's on the schedule at the time you're able to workout. To solve that problem, I bought alot of advanced level workout videos and I workout at home. So now class starts when I pop in the DVD. My favorites are from Cathe Friedrich (www.cathe.com). I also like DVDs by Jeanette Jenkins, Michelle Dozois, and Chalean Johnson (Turbofire). I have so much fun with my workouts and I look foward to doing them every morning. I suggest you find what you really enjoy and you won't have a problem staying motivated.
  • nikolaim5
    nikolaim5 Posts: 233
    Options
    3 times a week for 60 min. Weight lifting only
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I work out Sunday-Friday AM for 1 1/2 hours: Home DVD's
    Saturday, I run - 10-18 miles, for 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 hours
    2 nights a week, I run on a treadmill for 1 hour each - and 2 nights a week I stationary bike for an hour a week.
    I've been taking a tai chi class 2 nights per week as well.

I'm race training and doing doubles. After March, I will only workout 1 time daily until June when I start training again.
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    6 days, sometimes 7 at least 30 minutes a day, usually 60 minutes.....doing elliptical / treadmill ......started using kettlebells 25 minutes every other day so far
  • katya73
    katya73 Posts: 464
    Options
    6 days per week .. Average of 45 -60min each day .... Sunday is my rest day :))
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    In general I do a 2 hour workout 6 days every week.

I rest Saturday.
    My resistance and cardio is a circuit training routine for a full body workout 3 days per week, and 3 days I do pure cardio.

I do a lot of weird things for cardio like military march, boxing type training,
    dancing, floor rolls, squat thrust intervals and the good ole jumping jack.
    And I jog, swim, play tennis, fast walk and bike.

Lost 70lbs and nearly 20% body fat - it works for me.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I workout 4-5 times a week.
  • tammi42
    tammi42 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    6 days a week on my treadmill anywhere from 30-60 minutes . 3x a week-free weights/pushups/crunches

I love my treadmill, all I need is some music and away I go!
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I have been doing 7 days a week since January 3. I work out for minimum of 1/2 cardio. Most of the time it is dvd's at home. I am usually working on Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. But, once I get to maintenance, I want to cut down to a 4-5 per week.