Replies

• fguillory
    fguillory Posts: 291
    Options
    5-6 days a week for at least 45 minutes
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    3-5 days a week. A combination of JM 30 Day Shred for 30 min, or my HIITP for 50 minutes.
  • femme62209
    femme62209 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I workout 6 days every week, but I make sure to take one day off for recovery. I run 3 days/week...2 easier days (3 miles) and 1 long run day (4+ miles). On the other 3 days I do workout DVDs like Jillian Michaels and right now, Insanity. My goal is 30 minutes 6 days/week. I am a college student and I don't have the time to workout for 2+ hours/day so I like quick, 30-60 minute workouts that are TOUGH and get the job done. On Saturday and Sunday I do my longer workouts because I don't have class.
  • liljoli
    liljoli Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I workout everyday even if it is a minimum of 10 pushups, 20 squats, 30 crunches and 40 jumping jacks (takes about 5 minutes)but lately it's usually the Wii for 15-20 on top of that. I love the obstacle course it really gets my calves burning!
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    7 days a week of at least 45 minutes of cardio and 4 days a week of strength training for about an hour.
    try mixing it up with walks outside, trail hiking, cycling, swimming, etc. doing the same thing all the time not only gets boring, but your muscles get used to it and then they won't build or work towards burning calories.
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Every other day I do 30 day shred because my heel spur can't take it every day. Every day I do the elliptical for 50 mins. My motivation is to be healthy and buy new clothes for spring time.
  • maieranne77
    maieranne77 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have been averaging only 1-2 times per week. :(
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    as of right now 7 days a week
  • KickingDarkness
    Options
    I get exercise 7 days a week but sometimes that's just going for a walk. I'm aiming to go to the gym once a week (where I do walk/run circuits on the track, weight machines, and exercise bike). On in between days I do pilates (at home with dvd), hula hooping, and/or 30 day shred (just started that this week). I try to go for at least a 20 minute walk every day but some days that's all I get to.
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    3-6 days a week, depending on what my caloric intake looks like.

At minimum, 1hr of resistance (full body) 1x a week and 45mins of interval cardio 2x a week.

The rest is totally random.
  • cthoma70
    cthoma70 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Stength Training 3 days on 1 day off 3 days on 1 day off. About 45 to 60 minutes but thats with a training buddy so about 20 to 30 minutes a day. Once in a while if I get a two days off from work I will do 3 times in one day of cardio and strength for about 30 minutes in the morning, 2 hours in the middle of the day and cardio and strength for about 30 to 40 minutes.
  • walterld
    Options
    I do treadmill 40 min 4 times a week and stationary bike 40 min 2 times a week between the days I do treadmill. and rest on saturday. I do strenth training once a week with reps to failure. If it is nice outside ( I live in PA) on saturday or Sunday I go for a walk/jog outside with my dog. (intervals). I pretty much suck at jogging but I am getting better at it. anything that can get my heart rate up. I stay motivated when I put my jeans on and they are loose. I feel so much more energetic. I prefer to get my cardio out of the way before work at 5:30 AM but sometimes I sleep late and have to do it after work. I try to make sure I have at least 24 hr rest before exercising again. hope that helps. BTW I have my own treadmill and stationary bike at home. I doubt I would do it if I had to go to the gym. You can always just walk outside. nothing fancy needed.
  • jujuwoome
    Options
    Right now five times a week. In a month or so, I am going to switch it three times a week and do double workouts that day. But for right now I need the discipline and I don't think I am strong enough for double workouts right now.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    6-7 days a week, 120-180 minutes a day.
  • Rompa_87
    Rompa_87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    A 30 min swim once a week.
    A 30 min run once a week,
    A 30 min bike once a week
    60 minutes of gymnastics twice a week
  • jenlb99
    jenlb99 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    6 days a week, 1 hour of kickboxing 6 days plus 20 minutes of tabatas on M, W, and F. I have no idea how to log the tabatas, so I don't.

I never thought I'd be one of those people who "worked out." I was the type to drive around to get the closest parking spot, spent all day on the couch, etc. Eventually, it becomes part of your life, and you can't imagine doing without.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Right now I am doing 4 to 5 days a week where I do 10 to 20 minutes on the Arc Trainer as a warmup, then 35 to 45 minutes of strength training. Just started also adding a Body Pump class on Saturday mornings!
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    For almost the entire year of 2011 I worked out seven days a week. Cardio sunday to friday, 4 of those days being running. Weights on monday and saturday, and maybe some light leg lifts on wednesday or thursday. I run a lot. Improving my running is my main goal. Recently I've increased running to 5 days a week, weight lifting 2 or 3 days. I'm also starting to give myself a rest day. I'm training for my 3rd marathon and I'm working up to 50 miles per week.
  • scribe313
    scribe313 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I work out every day.... Weights(45mins to hour) and cardio(30 mins) 5 days a wk. Just cardio(30 mins) on the remaining days... After a while your body craves the work out, it actually feels good, somewhat of a runner's high. There are plenty of days I don't want to go to the gym, but the minute I start moving that falls away and I enjoy every bit of it. I would suggest music, if you don't already listen to some when you work out. Turning on the ipod to your favorite fast song, makes the time fly by.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    6 days a week 40 to 80 min each. 3 days lifting on these days I only workout 40 to 60 min. 3 days cardio on these days I up the workout to 80 min, unless I incorporate HIIT then I do it as long as I can usually 60 min.
    This week I have worked out 4 days lifting heavy and upped my protein and healthy fats (olive and coconut oil, avocado,.. etc) and lowered my carbs.
    I am trying to figure out what I will be doing next week, Still need to read some more I guess :)