Please help me get this cottage cheese down :)

Options
So Im not a huge fan of cottage cheese. The texture really gets to me and can at times make me gag.

I decided to give it another try though and I bought some and it has been glaring at me every time I open the fridge ever since.

So...What are some tips/ tricks/ recipes that you use to eat your cottage cheese besides the obvious fruit addition?

Replies

• xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese with any fruit.

cottage cheese with cinnamon.

cottage cheese with diced tomato, lemon juice, pepper and a dash of season salt.

cottage cheese in a hollow tomato.

cottage cheese with sugar free jam.
  • mdelcott
    mdelcott Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I can only stand a few mouthfuls at a time and so I never buy it. I suggest you just scrap the cottage cheese total and cut your loses.. The only way I ever like it is on top of mashed potatoes, although not the best diet food.
  • SmashliT
    SmashliT Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I eat mine on a baked potato with some salsa, also. But I am very particular, I only like Deans Low-Fat. Every other kind tastes like rotten milk to me.
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it with salt and pepper. Or with bacon bits and sunflower seeds if It is at a salad bar.
    Have you tried small curd cottage cheese? Perhaps the slightly less "chunky" texture will help.
  • sweet110
    sweet110 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people do what I'm about to do...which is to answer a question not asked, but...

Why do you want to choke down cottage cheese if you don't like it? Particularly if its the texture you don't like, what about yogurt? Or a dairy based smoothie?
  • Lyttleone
    Options
    I'm quite particular too, I only eat the Knudsen small curd. I like it on english muffins or toast in lieu of cream cheese or butter. Or I'll just eat it straight up with a little salt/pepper/paprika or other seasoning.
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Just dont eat it! I like mine with salt and pepper and bacon bits. NOT Baco-s, real bacon bits.
  • RumOne
    RumOne Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Lasagna
  • omgzstef
    omgzstef Posts: 157
    Options
    cottage cheese & pretzels... it gives it some crunch!
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Mix the following into 1 pint of cottage cheese:

2 T. Sour Cream
    1/8 tsp garlic powder
    1/8 tsp celery salt
    1/4 tsp dried parsley flakes
    1/8 tsp caraway seeds

Let sit overnight.
  • MlleDee
    MlleDee Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    It's great with plain pasta and a touch of butter with salt, I also like it on spaghetti! If you don't mind the texture it is great with diced bell pepper, corn, shredded cheese, and crackers.

To disguise it a bit. Mix it into a jello fruit salad. Sugar free lime jello, pineapple, walnuts, and cottage cheese all mixed together and allowed to sit up till the jello is firm is delicious! But it looks a little weird.

Good Luck!
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Lasagna

...my wife (of Italian descent) would have you strung up for this...

Lasagna should be made with Ricotta
  • walterld
    Options
    If you don't like it don't eat it. I learned 1 thing from weight watchers and that is if you can't do it for the rest of your live then don't do it. I hate diet salad dressing so i use regular dressing and make my cuts other places in my diet. You have to eat the way you are eating for the rest of your life or you will just gain it back. So if you don't like it make changes you can stick with. This isn't a quick cure it is for the long term. I am 58 y/o and I am finally realizing that it is true.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    great over a baked sweet potato with salsa. or on a whole wheat bagel thin with a drizzle of honey.
  • Annie4him
    Options
    No -fat cottage cheese was one of my secret weapons that helped me lose my 50 lbs. I 'd take 1/2 cup and top it with 1 T light Caesar dressing and use it as a dip for my carrots. delicious and filling! I 'd put it in tiny containers and have a few ready to take with me for my work days. A major cross canada move and 15 lbs heavier :( i need to get back To that routine!
  • tammi42
    tammi42 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    BLAH! I'm with you, can not stand cottage cheese. I like ricotta cheese, it has a finer texture and goes great with cinnamon and a pinch of vanilla...YUM!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I mixed it in yogurt!!
  • indianlarry11
    indianlarry11 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way with cottage cheese. I mix it with natural no sugar added applesauce and I've actually come to like the texture now. Hope that helps!
  • lorlet
    lorlet Posts: 2
    Options
    Do you like the texture of pudding? If so, whip the cottage cheese in a blender or food processor and add a few stawberries. If you wish to sweeten it, add half a packet of sweetner, or a scoop of protein powder. I do this with a full 500 ml container which I refill with the whipped mixture and then have about a half cup for desert or snack. Yum! :happy:
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    1/2 c cottage cheese and a Tbsp of sugar free cheesecake pudding mix.
    mix in foodprocessor till creamy.
    take the texture problem away - tastes like cheesecake filling!