Please help me get this cottage cheese down :)

Options

Replies

• rudzud
    rudzud Posts: 24
    Options
    Heres something you can do....sift it.

Plop it into a fine mesh strainer and using the back of a spoon, pass it through it. That will give it a finer, creamier texture. Then mix in fruit or such. OR dunk kale chips in it?
  • nancyko
    nancyko Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Why would you want to eat anything you are not enjoying??? I am sure there are plenty of other things that you like that you could replace it with.
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    try dry curd with yogurt, way better, way less fat and sodium too
  • AmandaCaswell1982
    AmandaCaswell1982 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it. I'm with everyone else- why would you make yourself eat it? What about greek yogurt? Well, if it helps, I put pineapple tidbits in mine. I buy the single serving size ones and it's delish. I literally eat it every morning.
  • muzmacol
    muzmacol Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Crackers, spread the cottage cheese on and change the texture.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    So Im not a huge fan of cottage cheese. The texture really gets to me and can at times make me gag.

I decided to give it another try though and I bought some and it has been glaring at me every time I open the fridge ever since.

So...What are some tips/ tricks/ recipes that you use to eat your cottage cheese besides the obvious fruit addition?

Good God!
    Don't eat that stuff if you hate it that much.
    Try Greek Yogurt.
  • Lauren_Whitney
    Lauren_Whitney Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I can't deal with the plain cottage cheese. I only eat the Breakstone's 100 calorie Cottage Doubles, they come with a fruit jam that you mix into it, it's actually pretty good, particularly the pineapple.
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Time2getFit4Life Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with almonds and sprinkle some pepper on it goes down good for me because I have that crunch!!
  • CrystalBonner
    CrystalBonner Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have mine with peaches and sunflower seeds. But then again I love cottage cheese all my itself.
  • nicokestew
    Options
    Honey and it's easy breezy!! It makes it taste yummy and it's easy to add, not cutting or preparing just squeeze it on. :)
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Options
    So Im not a huge fan of cottage cheese. The texture really gets to me and can at times make me gag.

I decided to give it another try though and I bought some and it has been glaring at me every time I open the fridge ever since.

So...What are some tips/ tricks/ recipes that you use to eat your cottage cheese besides the obvious fruit addition?

Good God!
    Don't eat that stuff if you hate it that much.
    Try Greek Yogurt.

Greek Yogurt is another one to swallow as well I get this in by using it as sour cream on my nacho salads and things or I have to add a tsp. of honey to kill the bitter taste!!
  • cdemart
    Options
    I thought you were talking about thighs! LOL :laugh:
  • SpeedBump1
    SpeedBump1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    The whipped isn't bad drizzled with a little coconut nectar.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    put in in the blender with some fruit and make a smoothie. It will lose that curd texture.
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I eat small curd lowfat cottage cheese. I love it with pumpkin seeds sprinkled on it. Or I stir it into a salad. Ilove it plain with a light sprinkle of Lawry's season salt too.
  • Leesseebee
    Options
    Sooooo I don't eat dairy anymore, but here are some thoughts from when I did...well, more like one thought...put it in a blender to change the texture.
    Also, it has a shockingly low calcium content...this might not be helpful in terms of making it taste better, But! It might help you feel less bad about not liking it-there are better dairy products out there for you!
    GOod luck!
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Options
    Lasagna

...my wife (of Italian descent) would have you strung up for this...

Lasagna should be made with Ricotta

Yeah I use ricotta as well, sometimes I add cottage too though!!
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Options
    I thought you were talking about thighs! LOL :laugh:

I was thinking that when I first opened it LOL!! You were not alone!!:bigsmile:
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I love mine with peaches or just plain old pepper! Yum! !!
  • tritta01
    tritta01 Posts: 311
    Options
    Ok this maybe a little weird but I eat mine with pickled beets...