One size doesn't fit all

Options
12346»

Replies

• Jenner22
    Jenner22 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3". I weigh 261 lbs and I wear a comfortable size 26 pants.
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    wow! this is so interesting!! great topic

i'm 5'0, 135 lbs & i wear a size 4 and smalls
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    5'9, 275lbs, and depending on style, i wear 18-22 pants, and X-2X tops. but i don't worry too much abut what the size says. i work in a second hand store, and since a lot of the clothes are a bit older, i find i have to go even bigger, just because sizes are smaller the older they are. i really dislike this 'vanity sizing' thing places have been doing. such as i can go to one store and buy a pair of size 16 pants that fit, when there is no way i am a 16 yet. i can really see the huge differences in sizes when i go to the jean section at work. we hang them from the side so that the waist faces out into the aisle. sometimes there are several inches difference from 2 pairs of jeans that are supposedly the same size. makes it really hard for people to find the right fit.
  • shinypinkpolish
    Options
    i am 5'9 and 245 lbs wearing size 16-18
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    5'9, 275lbs, and depending on style, i wear 18-22 pants, and X-2X tops. but i don't worry too much abut what the size says. i work in a second hand store, and since a lot of the clothes are a bit older, i find i have to go even bigger, just because sizes are smaller the older they are. i really dislike this 'vanity sizing' thing places have been doing. such as i can go to one store and buy a pair of size 16 pants that fit, when there is no way i am a 16 yet. i can really see the huge differences in sizes when i go to the jean section at work. we hang them from the side so that the waist faces out into the aisle. sometimes there are several inches difference from 2 pairs of jeans that are supposedly the same size. makes it really hard for people to find the right fit.

yea it is really irritating and silly, Its like stick to one number dame it! lol, I read an article about this theyu do that so people feel like they lost weight and will buy more cause of their happy rush, I think its so silly its not about the size of the paints its not about your hiehgt and not even about your wieght, its about are you helathy, "small doens't mean healthy, for me my hips and butt could never fit a size smaller then a 10 NO WAY! thats not my structure, so I hope one day we can abolish the illosion that a size 0 is the only sexy, or healthy, expessaly for those teen girls that are also blessed with a stong big frame like me so they wont be deceived into thinking there unhealthy
  • gabbingfilly
    gabbingfilly Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and weight 214 and wear a size 20 comfortably, but I can get into a size 18. When I was at my smallest of 145, I was in a size 11.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4", 177lbs and wear a size 8 pant, usually I wear a size medium shirt if it doesn't have buttons and a size small shirt if it does have buttons. I have a rather large chest, 36D, and a smaller waist, 25", so I can wear smaller sizes unbutton the firs few buttons with a tank underneath. It just depends on the give of the shirt :)
  • Kittie_Kat
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and weigh 194lbs, wear a size 14 in ladies, and a size 15 juniors, or a tight 13/14 juniors depending. I weighed 159lbs in 2008 and could fit into a 12 ladies and a 13/14 juniors comfortably, possibly 11/12 depending.

Edit, for a top I can wear anywhere from a Medium to a XL depending.
  • emseedubya
    emseedubya Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am just under 5'9", weigh 230 ish and have no idea what my real size is anymore. My measurements are 41-35-46 and I wear anywhere from a 14 to an 18 depending on the store. I live in Australia where they make no affordable clothes bigger than a u.s. size 12, so I order all my clothes online from the USA. I'm pretty sure I wear a UK/AU size 18, but I also buy clothes in an 18 from American Eagle online. However everything I own from Torrid is a size 14/1. So who knows. I know that at 200 lbs I wear a 16 at Gap, 185=14, 175=12, 165=10, 150=8 and so on. I'm always a full size to two sizes smaller on top than I am on bottom. :) kind of annoying but it makes me look skinnier than I am.
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I am just under 5'9", weigh 230 ish and have no idea what my real size is anymore. My measurements are 41-35-46 and I wear anywhere from a 14 to an 18 depending on the store. I live in Australia where they make no affordable clothes bigger than a u.s. size 12, so I order all my clothes online from the USA. I'm pretty sure I wear a UK/AU size 18, but I also buy clothes in an 18 from American Eagle online. However everything I own from Torrid is a size 14/1. So who knows. I know that at 200 lbs I wear a 16 at Gap, 185=14, 175=12, 165=10, 150=8 and so on. I'm always a full size to two sizes smaller on top than I am on bottom. :) kind of annoying but it makes me look skinnier than I am.

oh its pretty similar here too being a "plus" size cost way more then a "normal" size, I gave it some thought then realized its prob cuz it cost more because it uses more material :sad:
  • ltowns11
    ltowns11 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Funny I am 5'4 203lbs & a size 16 jeans getting close to size 14. A dietician once told me one loses a clothes size with every 15 lbs lost. Although there are many factors that go into this statement, I dont think it is too far from the truth.
  • Lizerra
    Lizerra Posts: 22
    Options
    Reading through all of these, I noticed something. The sizing thing compared to your weight does not just apply to just your pant size. One size does not fit all for the bra size either. Just curious on this one. I am 5' 2" weight 175 and am currently a 38DDD. I rechecked my pant size and the 13's I had were missized, I am actually in a size 15 but they are tight, lol.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 2" and 259 lbs and VERY pear shaped. I wear a 22/24 because I HATE tight clothing of any kind. I suppose I could get into an 18/20 but why suffer?
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Reading through all of these, I noticed something. The sizing thing compared to your weight does not just apply to just your pant size. One size does not fit all for the bra size either. Just curious on this one. I am 5' 2" weight 175 and am currently a 38DDD. I rechecked my pant size and the 13's I had were missized, I am actually in a size 15 but they are tight, lol.

Yeah bra sizes don't coincide with weight. I wear a 40DDD-40E depending on the bra and cut.
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5", weigh approx. 158 and wear a US size 12. At 190, I wore a 17 - only because I refused to buy an 18!