MOTIVATION ON WEEKENDS

Options
kbmnurse
kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
How do you stay MOTIVATED on the weekends? Please help.

Replies

• maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    i work as a nurse on call. i typically just work weekends so i try to pick up work on the weekends to keep busy..otherwise i try to schedule things to do so im not sitting around wanting to eat .. i plan my food too which helps
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    It's really really hard. For me, if I exercise I am less likely to blow my calories, so I make sure I do something on Sat and Sun. And I try to log everything, even if it's ugly. That at least keeps me thinking about what I am putting in my mouth (that is until that 3rd glass of wine!) Good luck! You are definitely not alone!
  • kbmnurse
    Options
    I am a nurse too. Work as an admit nurse in home care which i love. Work m-f. Weekends off and not an outdoors person in the winter.
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Make your "weigh day" on Monday!!!
  • tennillewade
    tennillewade Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    LOL it funny i just posted in my status that i always ignore myfitness pal on weekends!!!!
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I am horrible on the weekends..... chicken wings is my down fall....
  • smbyrd13
    smbyrd13 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Weekends are typically tough for me too, I feel like whenever we go out to eat is on a weekend! I try to plan out what I'm going to eat during the day and log it in the morning. That way I'm less tempted to reach for something extra when I know I'll have to get back on the computer or app to log it. If we are going out to eat, I always look at the menu before hand to see what is healthy(ish). Once at the restaurant, I sometimes will chew gum (depending on where we are) before my meal arrives and after I finish the portion of what I intend to eat. If I have gum, I'm less likely to eat that appetizer or keep nibbling at my food. Good luck!
  • kathleen2001
    Options
    I just said to my husband "lets get going on our day before I eat everything in the house"! I just try to stay busy!
  • valoreturner
    Options
    Love the idea about planning your food.
  • pollard775
    pollard775 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am horrible on the weekends..... chicken wings is my down fall....

That is what I had last night for dinner! I did a good workout before so that I could make sure I fit those within my calorie goal. :happy:
  • steponeast
    steponeast Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Weekends are the worst for me too. I just now planned my menu for the week including today & tomorrow. Usually this is a Sunday aftrnoon activity so I blow Saturday & Sunday. I'm hoping this at least keeps my eating on track. It's the few glasses of wine or beer that usually leads me astray. Maybe if I have my food planned I'll stay on track.
    I too have my weigh in day on Monday so I'll let you know how it goes. Godd luck everyone!
  • soon2bhotmom
    soon2bhotmom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Usually I do ok....right now I wanna start the day by dunking a cookie in my coffee! But, I know its a downward spin so off to make the oatmeal.
  • valoreturner
    Options
    Mix fiber with your (warm)beverages... You will feel full
  • minnesota_deere
    minnesota_deere Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I get out of bed as I would going to work and workout, i have found that i work out a bit longer because of this. and the day starts out really positive and alive because you can stay home. this is done before the kids are awake.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I work out hard all week and try to fit something in over the weekend, either a hike with the family or ice skating or something, but don't stress the weekends. Back on track on Monday!
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Workout at least one day on the weekend if not both. Too easy to fall off the wagon on weekends but can do damage control by continuing to workout. I continue my normal routine on the weekends as well. Its just 7 days to me. Period.
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem...Since the kitchen is available, I don't eat as much on weekends as I do during the week.
  • CourteneyLove
    CourteneyLove Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I don't really know if this counts as staying motivated on the weekends, but I try to work out earlier in the day.. so I can spend more time doing things I enjoy. Like being on MFP :P
  • foodjunkie26
    Options
    Weekends are very hard for me.My husband works 4pm-3am thru the week so on the weekends we try to go out to eat on Saturday and Sunday we go to his parents house who usually orders out or cooks a huge dinner:( No exercise we just sit there for about 5-6 hours:( I need help on weekends lol.
  • kbmnurse
    Options
    Wasn't going to work out today. But, i just did 30min on treadmill burned 335 cal short weight routine and some crunches.
    Thank you to all of you for motivating me. Life is soooooo good.