I cheated :(

Options
So i broke down and had a little sliver of chocolate cake. It was a co-workers birthday yesterday so had one then and today i pass by the cubicle with the cake and all i can do is smell how delicious the chocolate cake and chocolate frosting smells. it was really small and i feel bad. I take solice in knowing that before any of my weight loss I would down a huge peice and now i take little peices. Has anyone been put in this situation?

Replies

• cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    So i broke down and had a little sliver of chocolate cake. It was a co-workers birthday yesterday so had one then and today i pass by the cubicle with the cake and all i can do is smell how delicious the chocolate cake and chocolate frosting smells. it was really small and i feel bad. I take solice in knowing that before any of my weight loss I would down a huge peice and now i take little peices. Has anyone been put in this situation?
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    Options
    look at it as a part of daily calorie budget, not like you cheated, there is always the chocolate cake somewhere around us and a piece now and then is just fine

let me tell you again, you aren't on a strict diet here and you can vary foods and decide whether you will have more calories for your snack or for dinner :flowerforyou:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Went through similar situations when I first started out. Just remember to log it in your food journal. Maybe do a little extra bit of exercise today. Also, its ok to have treats once in a while. Its no fun depriving yourself, besides.. long term.. thats not realistic anyway. You are doing good with portion so try not to beat yourself up too bad. Chocolate cake is a HUGE weakness of mine also... actually... anything chocolate is a HUGE weakness. :laugh:
  • bellastella86
    bellastella86 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    This is a familiar situation. Log your calories from it and move on. Don't beat yourself up over it otherwise you'll just feel worse and eating more (if you're anything like me). It's ok to have treats in moderation, just make sure you count every calorie! Good luck on your journey!
  • candycaneps
    candycaneps Posts: 340 Member
    Options

I've cheated the last two weeks =( Don't feel bad about one day! Besides, everything in moderation right?
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    **Moderation** - little piece, not bad...1/2 the cake, bad!!!
  • 2016jason64
    Options
    you do not weigh 800 pounds
  • fisher110
    fisher110 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You can do that from time to time -- it's okay! I wanted a cupcake one day, so I sort of planned it out. I omitted my slice of bread at lunchtime, cut my serving of rice in half that I was having for dinner and went ahead and had the cupcake! I still came out with the correct amount for my daily calories. You can always adjust your foods and add a littled extra time to your exercise to even it all out.
  • aprilann
    aprilann Posts: 238
    Options
    That's not bad at all imagine having a week of badness! I decided not only to have DQ but pizza this week plus I stopped exercising! Very bad of me look at it this way it's a life style not a diet and you don't want to live without the joys in life do you? Everything in moderation! Hey it was a small piece not the whole cake you'll bounce back alright but don't feel bad your human. Every time I think of a sinful food it's Old Chicago pepperoni rolls with a meat me pizza so good so good. Trust me it'll happen again and that's ok because your learning the difference between a serving and two. Plus add it in to your daily food and see how many calories and fat it took up and you wont make that mistake that often. Good Luck and don't dfeel bad be happy that it was so good!
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    you didn't cheat, you're willpower just lowered. i always look at it, (whatever is the ENEMY at that time), the size of the people chowing on it, tell myself the people who made it-even the bakery-didn't wash their hands. i work at the hospital on a sick newborn ward, and of course people bring stuff in. i tell myself it was made with breast milk, so i won't eat it. YES, IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED:noway: , luckily i wasn't there.:tongue: remember POWER, prepare, overcome, win every round! and forgive yourself.
  • mmackie
    mmackie Posts: 93
    Options
    Don't feel TOO bad...I am on my tme of the month and I ate an entire Snickers bar today!!! I feel bad... and my stomach hurts!:sad:
  • nwfamilygal
    nwfamilygal Posts: 635
    Options
    I wouldn't call it cheating then you are beating yourself up.:frown: I lady once told me in moderation you can have anything. :wink: Just have a small piece and count it in your calorie count for the day. You don't have to give up the things you like. Just don't make a habit of it. That way you won't beat yourself up. :laugh:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    heard something on jillians podcast.
    someone called and was saying once they fell they gave up....she said look at it this way. if your car got a flat tire, what do you do? you don't go ahead and flatten the other 3 tires and call it a day. you fix your flat and move on about your day. look at your food like that. you make a mistake you move on, and don't let the whole day be a mistake.

you should never deny yourself anything. it only makes matters worse.
  • chickadee10
    chickadee10 Posts: 350
    Options
    I also had a little piece of peanut butter cake today. I've walked for an hour though.
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    your going to hell :happy:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

Of course I work for a doctors office- We have birthday cake for everyones birthday in the office- But thats the thing you either pass on it or take a tiny sliver- My coworkers tell me all the time how much willpower I have because i take a real tiny piece and thats that while other people (even the ones that say they are watching what they eat) Get a huge hunky piece- I get something just to taste and thats it then I don't need it-- Other times I don't even touch anything yesterday their was cheesecake but I turned my nose up to it because it is 500 calories per slice that wasn't worth it because I don't go over my calories and 500 calories is a meal not a damn slice of cheesecake--
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I had a big bowl of cocoa pebbles at 10:00PM last night. :blushing:

I did use skim milk though!! :tongue:
  • johnblake
    Options

It wasn't really you it was the baby
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options

And I didn't feel good yesterday and hadn't eaten much. Oh well! LOL!!
  • johnblake
    Options

And I didn't feel good yesterday and hadn't eaten much. Oh well! LOL!!

a good sugar snack before bed, how far along are you?