For All the ladies with 6 pack abs out there....

Options
13»

Replies

• nikolaim5
    nikolaim5 Posts: 233
    Options
    90% diet, 10% exercise.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,720 Member
    Options
    probably a silly question, but how do i find out my lean body mass?
    There are several ways, but even just getting a BOD POD test or someone who is consistent with calipers can get you a ball park figure.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    cardio is the only thing that will bring that out plus genetics. Side planks, or regular planks are helpful. Plenty of ab workouts out there for free on youtube.
    Untrue. I personally know competitors that have abs without cardio.

IDEA Fitness member
  • bigbeardiver
    bigbeardiver Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Every article I've ever read for men suggests that 6-packs are based on genetics. Yes overall fat % is important but you can have 6% body fat and not a 6-pack. Not sure if the same is true for women.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Every article I've ever read for men suggests that 6-packs are based on genetics. Yes overall fat % is important but you can have 6% body fat and not a 6-pack. Not sure if the same is true for women.
    I don't by into articles. When men were young boys, their body fat was lower (especially if they were very active) and 6 packs were visible. Even in today's boys, you see them. It ain't from working out or dieting. It's because they have low body fat. While I don't doubt that at 6% a six pack not being visible is impossible, at 6% body fat it's more improbable that won't happen. 4%-6% is what competitive bodybuilders come in for competitions.

IDEA Fitness member