I'm hungry what's for dinner?

I'm at a creative loss. What's everyone having/had for dinner? need an idea or 2. I'm vegetarian if you can go that way for now...or not

Replies

• brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Quesadillas :bigsmile: I'm having those today. Mine will have chicken, but maybe you could do some sauteed veggies and some cheese. Red bell peppers are awesome :)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    i had quinoa pilaff, made with shallots, mushrooms and brocoli
  • grilled chicken on the BBQ for us and a BBQ veggie patty for our vegetarian teenage son
  • I think I'll be having a big spinach salad with chicken, feta, mushrooms and carrots. NOM.
  • I missed that you were vegetarian. Sooo.... You could have a big salad with all of the above MINUS chicken. LOL
  • justjane57
    justjane57 Posts: 4 Member
    try these peppers (red or orange) stuffed with stir fry ****ake mushrooms brown rice and pine nuts topped with lowlow cheese slice then grilled ps hope you can work out the mushrooms didn't like that word oyster mushrooms work as well
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Baked Whole Wheat Spaghetti

I just made up this recipe right now and I think it will make 8 servings, but it might only end up being 6...either way, less than 400 calories, but a little high in sodium because I am using jar spaghetti sauce! I will only be using about 6 servings of the pasta regardless. The rest will be taken out for my son b/c he hates spaghetti sauce!

1 box whole wheat spaghetti (set aside extra pasta for another dish or don't cook it)
    1 jar Francesco Rinaldi Chunky Garden Sauce
    1 green bell pepper, chopped
    1 yellow onion, chopped
    1 Tbsp. minced garlic
    2 ounces of fat free cream cheese
    1 cup pizza blend cheese
    And I am adding a tiny bit of pepperoni because my husband doens't love pasta without meat, haha.

So anyhow, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, cook onion, garlic and bell pepper until slightly tender. Add the sauce and cook until heated through. Then add the cream cheese and mix until blended into the sauce. Mix the pasta & sauce in a large bowl (this is where I will add the pepperoni) then pour half into a baking dish, sprinkle with 1/2 cup of shredded cheese, pour the rest of the pasta mixture in and top with the rest of the cheese. Bake for about 40 minutes!
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    try these peppers (red or orange) stuffed with stir fry ****ake mushrooms brown rice and pine nuts topped with lowlow cheese slice the grilled

I think it's funny that the site blocked the first 4 letters of the mushroom on question!! I think it's spelled shiitake with 2 "I's" though
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Cacciatore in the crock pot. :wink: Safeway had a sale on bell peppers this week. :D nom nom nom
  • ktbia
    ktbia Posts: 118 Member
    Spicy black bean soup, perfect for our rainy weather here! And its actually vegetarian!

I modified a WW recipe.
  • justjane57
    justjane57 Posts: 4 Member
    lol it probably is but looks funny as is
  • brittanidigby
    brittanidigby Posts: 247 Member
    I'm making Taco's tonight! :0
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Hmmmm how about spicy falafel with a greek salad or something? Roasted red pepper quinoa?
  • Cmuchoa
    Cmuchoa Posts: 161 Member
    Check out skinnytaste.com - I am making the spinach lasagna roll ups
  • ashquin
    ashquin Posts: 248 Member
    take out. ordering pizza for the kids. salad for me
  • hwjssc
    hwjssc Posts: 194 Member
    Homemade chicken noodle soup and baked potato:)
  • CashierCantin
    CashierCantin Posts: 206 Member
    Sloppy joes, tater tots and corn. Going old school tonight!!!
  • Judway
    Judway Posts: 246 Member
    OMG my house smells amazing...just made the cranberry turkey in my crockpot ....
    sooo easy as well 2 ingredients
  • JackieMac979
    JackieMac979 Posts: 189 Member
    Salmon and salad for me tonight.

I used to be vegan (from age 12-21) and was ova-lacto vegetarian for a while too. Back then, I would have probably had tempeh fajitas (LOVED THAT!) or portabello mushroom 'cheesesteak' sandwich.
  • CheleLynn44
    CheleLynn44 Posts: 339 Member
    We had dinner for lunch cause I have to work at 5, and I made a yummy baked spaghetti recipe I got from some one ob here. It was only 316 calories a serving with what I used and made 10 servings. Served it with a salad, very filling and yummy!!

1 box spaghetti (I use ronzini smart pasta)
    1 container fat free ricotta cheese
    2 eggs (I used eggbeaters)
    1 jar spaghetti sauce (I used ragu Robusto six cheese)
    2 cups part skim mozzerella

Mix cooked pasta, ricotta,and eggs together, pour into a sprayed 13X9 pan, pour jar of sauce over it all and top with mozzerella. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.

I would have liked a little more sauce with mine to dip it in, but that's just me!!