OATMEAL IDEAS!!! to you lovers out there...

Options

Replies

• jessicaaa456
    jessicaaa456 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My friend gave me this recipe for a yummy baked pumpkin protein oatmeal:

1/3c dry oats
    1/2 scoop protein powder
    2 tsp baking powder
    a pinch of nunaturals stevia extract
    cinnamon & pumpkin pie spice (I use 1/4-1/2 tsp of each)
    1/3c canned pumpkin
    2 extra large egg whites
    1/4c unsweetened vanilla almond milk

Preheat oven to 375. Mix dry ingredients, then add wet ingredients and mix well. Bake for 25 minutes.

Calories: 230
    Net Carbs: 22
    Protein: 19
    Fat: 4

Tasty and very, very filling! I have trouble finishing my bowl every time I make it (which is 2-4 times per week)! I'm going to ditch the cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice, replace the pumpkin with natural applesauce, and add some strawberries and/or blueberries this week to change it up.

awesome! will be doing this tomorrow morning :)
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    This is making me hungry. lol

I like mine with flax seed, cinnamon and a sweetener. :)
  • jessicaaa456
    jessicaaa456 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    making me hungry too.... can we fast forward to tomorrow morning already? ah im so excited to try everything!
  • veggievixen79
    veggievixen79 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Bump! Thanks everyone!
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
  • emart017
    Options
    I eat oat meal almost everyday. The way I make is by using half of cup of dry whole wheat oats, one cup of skim milk, some raisins , and splenda to my taste, then I microwave it for 2 minutes. The most delicious and creamy oatmeal you can have.
  • osorio1
    osorio1 Posts: 63
    Options
    Bump
  • DianeG213
    DianeG213 Posts: 253
    Options
    Try an oatmeal pancake -
    Mix one packet of oatmeal (use cinnamon variety or just add some cinnamon) and 1/2 cup egg beaters. Mix together and cook with no stick spray. Put a little fat free whipped cream on top and strawberry or banana slices on top. Delicious!
  • learningtolove
    learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    My friend gave me this recipe for a yummy baked pumpkin protein oatmeal:

1/3c dry oats
    1/2 scoop protein powder
    2 tsp baking powder
    a pinch of nunaturals stevia extract
    cinnamon & pumpkin pie spice (I use 1/4-1/2 tsp of each)
    1/3c canned pumpkin
    2 extra large egg whites
    1/4c unsweetened vanilla almond milk

Preheat oven to 375. Mix dry ingredients, then add wet ingredients and mix well. Bake for 25 minutes.

Calories: 230
    Net Carbs: 22
    Protein: 19
    Fat: 4

Tasty and very, very filling! I have trouble finishing my bowl every time I make it (which is 2-4 times per week)! I'm going to ditch the cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice, replace the pumpkin with natural applesauce, and add some strawberries and/or blueberries this week to change it up.

I feel a sudden urge to buy some canned pumpkin.
  • hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin and chopped apples go awesome together in oatmeal!

I am loving the coffee creamer idea! Definitely will try that next time.
  • jesusislove1526
    jesusislove1526 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I eat whole grain oatmeal at least 3-4x per week. I like mine with dried cherries or light margarine and splenda, but I see some other interesting ingredients to use from the posts, so I will be trying them out.
  • ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Blueberries and peanut butter, Banana & peanut butter, favorite to date is emerald cinnamon mixed nuts crushed and half a banana. I am now addicted to it.
  • npeters519
    npeters519 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    bump

Love this thread
  • insyweensy
    insyweensy Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Here's my recipe. It varies slightly from day to day, but it's awesome.

1/4c regular oats
    1tsp toasted wheat germ
    6oz plain nonfat yogurt
    1/4c raisins/craisins/ 1 banana
    1tsp ground flaxseed meal

I microwave the oats, wheat germ, and criasins/raisins with 1/2c water for 2 minutes, then add the flaxseed meal and yogurt. It's super filling and about 300 cals.
  • TexasNana41
    TexasNana41 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am so going to try some of these!
  • Cathyvil
    Cathyvil Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal every day for breakfast too. I mix in a tablespoon or two or part skim ricotta and then sprinkle fresh berries over the top. Last week for the first time I tried making a pot of steel cut oats to have for the full week and it was great! So easy in the morning just to heat and eat.
  • bobbi6440
    bobbi6440 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I mix 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/2 cup 2% milk, 1/2 TBS ground flaxseed, a few almonds & walnut. The oatmeal is not cooked. Refrigderate over night. In the morning i add fruit and enjoy.
  • unhinge
    unhinge Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    LOVE My Oatmeal or steel cut oats :heart:

Nothing to add that hasn't been said, just wanted to BUMP for later :wink:
  • deiaendlein
    deiaendlein Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    EXTREMELY HEALTHY ENERGY OATMEAL

Alright so here is the oatmeal i am eating in my detox meal plan:

1/2 cup old fashioned oats
    1tbsp flaxseeds
    1tbsp sunflower seeds
    1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
    1 tsp hemp seeds (sooo healthy and legal , lol, every health food store and whole foods has it)
    2 tbsp coconut flakes (organic unsweetened),
    1 tbsp raisins
    2 chopped prunes
    1 cup organic unsweetened soy milk
    1 tbsp organic honey

to change up the taste i will try peanut butter (organic fresh) and dried unsweetened bananas instead of coconut, or almond organic maple instead of honey, and so on

it is delicious and i actually think too much, so i am going to try to cut everything by half in order to cut the calories...it is about 500 cal now and i want to make it 250 + fruit for breakfast.

ps. organic is more expensive but i find it easier to lose weight when eating organic foods, no preservatives and additives etc, your body metabolizes it better
  • paj315
    paj315 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I eat mine cold and uncooked, as a museli. And I eat it every morning! 1/2 cup rolled oats, 1/2 ounce walnut pieces, 1 T unsweetened shredded coconut, and 2/3 c unsweetened coconut milk, and a teensy bit of sweetner. Mmmmm so good!!!