Coffee Lovers... I need help!

Options
2»

Replies

• sunshinel397
    Options
    I love the new Natural Bliss Coffee Mate. The best flavor is Sweet Cream. It has 35 calories a tablespoon, but is all natural. No chemicals. They have a caramel one and a french vanilla one too.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I use my Keurig and use 2 kcups each morning. Each one is 3 calories. Then I usually put International Delight skinny fat free creamer and usually put 2tbsp in each cup so its 30 calories for the 2. I don't mind spending 66 calories a day on coffee when it keeps me sane lol. I use the flavored k cups and flavored creamer so I don't even need sugar anymore!
  • amber47821
    Options
    I too love coffee, my go to is Coffeemate Liquid creamer in Fat Free Vanilla or Hazelnut. It gives the coffee the creaminess of half and half and a little sweetness too. For me I don't like too sweet but like others have said you can add Splenda, Truvia, etc. to find your right mix. 0 grams fat, 35 calories per tablespoon, I brew with a Keurig and like a smaller cup for stronger coffee so I find even a half a tablespoon is often enough, seems small I know but it is enough and makes the coffee the perfect light caramel color. That can be a treat for me in the afternoon also that is less calories than an orange!
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I have not given up my coffee or midday tea on weekends...It hasn't slowed down the program.

For flavor/sweetness, I use sugar free vanilla syrup from Starbucks (and also available at Target). For the cream I use 2% milk (it's here and there's that calcium component too) for tea and at work I use regular coffee creamer--it's only 10 calories for a tsp..you can also make a "deal" with yourself to always exercise off the creamer/milk every day. I do that on weekends for tea--especially if its two or three cups...

Watch that you don't drop the coffee off too quickly. My sister did that all at once and she ended up in the hospital for unexplainable migraines and a brain scan before she off hand said "I would love a cup of coffee--haven't had one in 4 days." Coffee in, migraine away!

Good luck to you!! :)
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Here are 3 pages of suggestions from about 5 hours ago :) If you use the search button there are probably 20 more pages on MFP....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/459970-coffee
  • bms34b
    bms34b Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I'm with you!! The way I make it work is allowing myself my favorite half&half/honey combo, and with each cup after that, reducing what I put in it. I'd suggest a little bit of stevia and almond/soy milk. Skim doesn't seem to be enough for me. Also, i know it's not the same, but I've gotten really into teas lately too. I like the stevia with tea far better than I like it with coffee and it's got the same flavor and sip attributes that I love so much.
    Writing this has made me want another cup! Hm...
  • Roxana410
    Roxana410 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! I love my coffee as well. Try to get used to the least amount of half and half and no more than one to two tablespoons of natural sugar. Stick to just your am coffee drink then green tea without sugar when ever you have the urge for more throughout the day. I lost a lot of weight when I stopped using the flavored creamers and reduced the crazy amount of sugar I added on top of the cream. Just do not use the coffee to replace sleep and you will be fine. Women are so super that they sacrifice sleep for productivity which leads us to eat more and drink tons of coffee to stay energized.
  • Roxana410
    Roxana410 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I heard Stevia is better w tea. I am going to try it.
  • amazon75
    amazon75 Posts: 165
    Options
    Torani has a whole line of sugar free syrups. I believe this is the brand of syrups that is used at Starbucks. You could use them for the flavor and unsweetened vanilla almond milk for the creaminess.
  • j3nnal3igh13
    Options
    Thank you SOOO very much everyone!!! Many great options. Going to try this and that until I can find the right one for me. Good luck to all of you on our "healthier lifestyle" journey!
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    I love the new Natural Bliss Coffee Mate. The best flavor is Sweet Cream. It has 35 calories a tablespoon, but is all natural. No chemicals. They have a caramel one and a french vanilla one too.

I'm confused. Real half and half has only 20 cal/tablespoon, plus a teaspoon of sugar at 15 cal would give you a "sweet cream" flavor and would have the advantage of being real for the exact same calorie count. Why choose Coffee Mate?
  • FitLink
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I'm looking for some opinions or suggestions on my coffee intake during a day. I absolutely LOVE :love: my (pot) of coffee every morning. However, I know it's not the best thing for my weight loss journey, not to mention the amount of cream I use in a day. I'm looking for better options to put in my coffee. I don't like my coffee black, I need the sweetness/creaminess. I'm open to hear some healthier options because I am NOT giving up my coffee!! :noway: Thanks!!

Something crazy I tried and REALLY liked: Special K French Vanilla Protein Shakes instead of creamer. 1 shake goes a LONG way. Plus, there's Agabe natural, low calorie sweetener, AND the Truvium sweetener! Both are pretty good, Truvium has no calories. So add a Truvium and a French Vanilla Shake?? I haven't tried the two together, but I have tried the shake. It was like adding cold, liquid creamer!!

Terrific suggestion! Those shakes would make a great "creamer" for coffee! Except Truvium isn't really the safest stevia on the market. There are more naturally extracted brands of stevia, like the Now, Kal, or NuNaturals brands. I use NuNaturals NuStevia ( http://goo.gl/olBW9 ) to sweeten my strawberries for breakfast! I like my coffee black, though.
  • Johnny_Castle
    Options
    try decaf
  • FitLink
    Options
    Hello! I love my coffee as well. Try to get used to the least amount of half and half and no more than one to two tablespoons of natural sugar. Stick to just your am coffee drink then green tea without sugar when ever you have the urge for more throughout the day. I lost a lot of weight when I stopped using the flavored creamers and reduced the crazy amount of sugar I added on top of the cream. Just do not use the coffee to replace sleep and you will be fine. Women are so super that they sacrifice sleep for productivity which leads us to eat more and drink tons of coffee to stay energized.

Two TABLESPOONS of sugar! You really like it sweet! But that's 90 calories! Even a small amount of half and half (which is 20 cal/tablespoon) pushes a cup of coffee over 100 calories! I can't fit that many calories into my daily routine!