What about the humanization of animals?

Options
How do you feel about people who give their pets human names like Max or Pete?
What about people who dress up their pets in clothes or Halloween costumes?
Or let them eat table food and sleep in their beds?
What about the people who treat their pets like children?

What's your opinion?

Replies

• chelleymarie88
    Options
    I disagree with dog sweaters. It makes your dog look heavier.
  • FabMrFox
    FabMrFox Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    My siamese absolutly refuses to wear her christmas sweater.....just sorta falls over with her ears back.
  • 1996gtstang
    1996gtstang Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    canines should be free to choose thier lifestyle and not be fit into a traditional breed role
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    Finally! THANK YOU!!
  • ffuunnnnyy__ggiirrll
    Options

How dare you judge a dog in a sweater!

Was it because when you wore a sweater that made you look heavy someone judged you?
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    I'm confused about one thing. Goofy vs. Pluto. Explain that. How is one an anthropomorphic dog and the other is decidedly canine?
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    my kid is four-legged and furry. don't hate.
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options

What's your opinion?

My dog sleeps in the bed with me.... that way if anyone breaks in during the night, they'll be face to face with a big black barking object in the dark. His name is also Gabe, a people name... although he doesn't normally eat table food or wear a Halloween costume. As long as it's not abuse, who cares?
  • 76tech
    Options
    my kid is four-legged and furry. don't hate.

I miss my four legged furry kids.
  • chelleymarie88
    Options

How dare you judge a dog in a sweater!

Was it because when you wore a sweater that made you look heavy someone judged you?

Q.Q You've got me all figured out. My mother didn't hug me enough as a child.
  • maab_connor
    Options
    I'm confused about one thing. Goofy vs. Pluto. Explain that. How is one an anthropomorphic dog and the other is decidedly canine?

b/c goofy was... enlightened by Walt in a sad, strange furry stage of his life. Goofy knows too much. ;__;
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options

They've each chosen their own path. Who are we to judge?
  • 1996gtstang
    1996gtstang Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    if an irish setter wants to be a purse dog, LET HIM. who are we to judge?
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options

What's your opinion?
    1. I think it's just fine because a name is just a name. Just coincidentally happens to be used by humans too. I mean we use the name Bubba so... it goes both ways!
    2. This is great for small dogs and special occasions. It does no harm to them and it can give someone a smile. Plus sometimes they are good for keeping dogs warm.
    3. It can actually be healthy if you get the dog some good meat every now and then. I wouldn't over do it on this. Moderation. And sleeping in the bed is very much up to a person. If you are cool with a cat/dog being in your bed then awesome but if not then give the animal their own spot to sleep.
    4. Some people refuse to have human children but want something to take care of so a pet is the next best thing. Why get upset over someone wanting to treat their pets really well? I'd rather the pet be treated like their own child, being very loved and cared for then being abandoned for dead on the street because it's "only an animal".

I mean... I had the cutest experience today. My MiL's cat got up on the table and sat on the remote turning the TV on which turned on to Harry Potter. And it even knows how to fast forward and rewind too! You can't say that isn't cute! :laugh:
  • 76tech
    Options

b/c goofy was... enlightened by Walt in a sad, strange furry stage of his life. Goofy knows too much. ;__;

I know have a mental image of way too much :smile:
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I feel like my dogs are part of the family. I let them eat human food and dress them up to see how cute they look. I let my dog sleep in my bed occasionally. I don't think there is anything "wrong" with doing those things just because the animal is another breed. They are still mammals like us. I do not give them people names though. My dog's names are Crash and TBone! :0)
  • 76tech
    Options

They've each chosen their own path. Who are we to judge?

Good point!
  • maab_connor
    Options

I know have a mental image of way too much :smile:

*passes you the brain bleach*
  • chelleymarie88
    Options

What's your opinion?
    1. I think it's just fine because a name is just a name. Just coincidentally happens to be used by humans too. I mean we use the name Bubba so... it goes both ways!
    2. This is great for small dogs and special occasions. It does no harm to them and it can give someone a smile. Plus sometimes they are good for keeping dogs warm.
    3. It can actually be healthy if you get the dog some good meat every now and then. I wouldn't over do it on this. Moderation. And sleeping in the bed is very much up to a person. If you are cool with a cat/dog being in your bed then awesome but if not then give the animal their own spot to sleep.
    4. Some people refuse to have human children but want something to take care of so a pet is the next best thing. Why get upset over someone wanting to treat their pets really well? I'd rather the pet be treated like their own child, being very loved and cared for then being abandoned for dead on the street because it's "only an animal".

I mean... I had the cutest experience today. My MiL's cat got up on the table and sat on the remote turning the TV on which turned on to Harry Potter. And it even knows how to fast forward and rewind too! You can't say that isn't cute! :laugh:

YOU'VE GOT TO BE A ZELDA FAN
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options

I'm pretty sure they are cartoons.... but you raise a good point.