Celebrating 1 year with MFP, time for some horn tooting!!

Options
kerrilucko
kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
:flowerforyou: Today is my 1 year anniversary here at MFP:

1 year ago I weighed 209 lbs, and set out to lose 59 lbs. I never thought I'd do it, I kept telling myself, you know self, I'd be happy just to get down to 175 (my all time lowest adult weight which I hit when I was 19). When I reached 175 I was simply amazed at how easy it was! Sure there were times that were tough, there were times when I was impatient, but overall it was WAY easier than I thought it would be. I figured, hey, I may as well shoot for the stars, and I kept striving for 150 lbs. I finally reached that goal in February and decided, why be at the high end of a healthy BMI when I can be smack in the middle? and I set out to lose another 10 lbs, 5 of which, I'm proud to say, are now history!

I get a lot of people asking me now, what am I doing to lose the weight?! They always seem so disappointed when I tell them I owe my success to diet and exercise. I didn't do anything special, just plain old diligence, patience and a little faith :flowerforyou:

This is me last march at 209lbs:
49255_4798.jpg

Me last may at 194lbs:
49255_759.jpg

Me last August at 174lbs:
49255_7780.jpg

Me last October at 159lbs:
49255_9497.jpg

and me in February at 149lbs:
49255_9800.jpg49255_5945.jpg49255_4985.jpg

Replies

• kerrilucko
    Options

1 year ago I weighed 209 lbs, and set out to lose 59 lbs. I never thought I'd do it, I kept telling myself, you know self, I'd be happy just to get down to 175 (my all time lowest adult weight which I hit when I was 19). When I reached 175 I was simply amazed at how easy it was! Sure there were times that were tough, there were times when I was impatient, but overall it was WAY easier than I thought it would be. I figured, hey, I may as well shoot for the stars, and I kept striving for 150 lbs. I finally reached that goal in February and decided, why be at the high end of a healthy BMI when I can be smack in the middle? and I set out to lose another 10 lbs, 5 of which, I'm proud to say, are now history!

I get a lot of people asking me now, what am I doing to lose the weight?! They always seem so disappointed when I tell them I owe my success to diet and exercise. I didn't do anything special, just plain old diligence, patience and a little faith :flowerforyou:

49255_4798.jpg

Me last may at 194lbs:
    49255_759.jpg

49255_7780.jpg

49255_9497.jpg

• jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    woohooo your rock girl.... at the end of the month i will have been here for a year too!!!!

and BTW you look fabulous!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Kerri!

You've done such a great job! Your proof of what this site can do for someone! I am so proud of you and I know your going to look incredible at your wedding! Congratulations lady! you toot that horn! you deserve it!

:bigsmile:
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Celebrate!
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    Options
    You are truely amazing and motivating to the rest of us on MFP! There's nothing like seeing these great results after pursueing your goal and sticking to a better lifestyle... Then the rest of us know for sure it can be achieved! And yeah, funny how people would expect to hear you lost weight thanks to some freaky quick-result diet or took 'magic' pills or other idiocy... Now you have all reasons to be proud of your achievement because you worked for it and did it in harmony with your body needs!

Happy 1 year!! :flowerforyou:
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options

49255_4798.jpg

Me last may at 194lbs:
    49255_759.jpg

49255_7780.jpg

49255_9497.jpg

Wow you are an insperation... Your did awsome... I am so proud of you.. You are going to be looking Hot Hot Hot on your special day....va va va vooom... when ever someone talks to me about weight loss I tell them about this site... It has really helped me and I have only been on her two weeks... can wait to see me in a year... :happy: anyways congradulations on you accomplishment you did GREAT....
  • strawberry25shortcake
    strawberry25shortcake Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Woo-Hoo!!! Congrats! You have done such an amazing job...:drinker:
  • Xannthippe
    Xannthippe Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Nice!

I myself have about 30 something pounds to go to my goal weight, but I could defintely benefit from going farther as well.

You've set a great example for us, that with some patience and commitment, all of us can do it! :drinker:

157695.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • megancolleen
    Options
    happy Anniversary!! You look awesome! I am just wondering how tall are you? Keep up the good work and thankf for inspiring others everyday!:smile:
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Happy MFP Anniversary, Kerri!
  • kerrilucko
    Options
    Thanks everybody :flowerforyou: You all are looking fab too! I am so not feeling well lately but then I woke up today to another lb lost, and a 1 year celebration! :drinker: to top it all off my fever broke a few hours ago, someone up there loves me.

megan- I am 5'6"
  • Summarain
    Summarain Posts: 145
    Options
    Thats great! Congrats to you! I hope to say the same for myself at least by the end of this year.:smile:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome Kerri!! It really is kind of funny when people ask how you lost the weight - and then are dissapointed when you tell them good old fashioned counting calories and exercising! No magic pill peeps! Just hard work and a little faith - I like that :flowerforyou: Way to go Kerri!!!
  • Thamber
    Thamber Posts: 194
    Options
    :flowerforyou: great job!

BTW I know what you mean about people being disappointed. When I was thinner and maintaining people told me I was lucky but when I told them no actually I get up and jog or ex every morning and I use portion control and eat whole foods...well...they said no your just lucky lol like they didnt want to believe it.

You look great and youve worked hard..go ahead and toot your horn :)
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    You're an inspiration to the rest of us!
    You look great. Thank you for sharing with us.
  • kkayw22
    kkayw22 Posts: 5
    Options
    You look GREAT!!! I've been feeling a little disappointed lately. :sad: The weight just isn't falling off fast enought for me. Thank you for giving me the motivation I needed to continue. :flowerforyou:

123486.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • princessdrake
    princessdrake Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!! Great job!! You have given me the push I need to keep up with this. 2 years ago I was at my lowest 174 and kept thinking...I just want to get back there and don't mind staying there. But seeing you push past that I know now that I can achieve a lower weight...just have to work at it!!!
  • horstboys5
    Options
    :flowerforyou: unbelieveable. congratulations and God Bless- you did amazing!!!!!!!!! Inspiring to everyone!
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    kerri!!! happy anniversary! thank you for being who you are and giving your knowledge and being such an inspiration! {BIG HUG}!!!

:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:

so proud of you! :bigsmile:
  • kerrilucko
    Options
    thanks guys :flowerforyou: y'all are so sweet :smooched:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!