I Am A Failure - Get Over It

Options

Replies

• fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    You've come too far to be a failure! You inspire me constantly and I have cheered for you all day! Keep up the great work!
  • tmoyer1209
    tmoyer1209 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I guess some people are just looking from the wrong side of the picture! You know what you are trying-and succeeding-to get done! And that's what matters, if you fall off 10 programs, get started on the 11th cause doing nothing gets nothing!! I love your post and your sense of confidence from your accomplishment! You rock and don't let anybody rain on your parade honey!!
  • fitnfun1
    fitnfun1 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Fantastic post. Thank you!
  • andrejjorje
    andrejjorje Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Hey. Make this a blog otherwise is going to be lost among other thousands.
    It is subtle and wise.
    :flowerforyou:
    Many people might say I’m a failure.

I buy every new workout DVD that hits the market. I rarely complete them more than twice in a row. But sometimes… I randomly put one in and do it. Sometimes I do one for 20 minutes, watch for 20 minutes, then do the cool down. Sometimes I fast forward through the hard parts.

I jump on the bandwagon for every new fitness craze. (30 Day Shred, p90x, Turbo Fire, Bootcamp). I never do the entire, prescribed program. But sometimes… I will put in a good effort for a day, then skip and put in a good effort on some other program. For the most part, I just like to walk.

I’ve tried every diet trick you can imagine. I've found bunches that don't work. I’ve discovered simply eating healthfully more often than not works pretty well.

I’ve tried to climb lots of mountains. I’ve given up on more than a few. Sometimes, I start up one, and have to keep trying to go just a bit higher each day. It may take me 3 months to get to the top, trying little bits at a time. Maybe I’ll get there, maybe I won’t.

Some weeks, I’m off track. Some days, I’m WAY off track. Most days, I do pretty well. I wake up every morning and have to say to myself, “TODAY I will make smart choices.”

Today, I ate a bag of veggie chips. I did not eat THREE bags of veggie chips. I *almost* ate 2. I actually got the 2nd bag out, sat down.. then put it away and got a stick of string cheese instead.

Sometimes, I eat 4 times my sodium level. Many days, I eat under my sodium goal.

I can’t run a mile in under 15 minutes. But I can walk 3 miles in an hour. Comfortably. Without paying for it the next day.

I weighed over 500 pounds for many years. I’ll weigh less than that for many more.

Some people would say I’m a failure.

I say I’ve lost 250 pounds. Sometimes I fail, but I keep trying. Sometimes I fall, but I get up. Sometimes I’m so far off track, I doubt I can ever get back. But I do.

So – for all those people who think this journey is long… it is.

For those who feel defeated and like they’ve lost their way… it’s never too late.

For those who believe you have to be perfect to have success… you’re wrong. ☺
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Mmm... and today, I had THREE PIECES OF PIZZA - - - and I'm still alive. (AND under my calorie goal!!!)

I don't want folks to get the idea I'm condoning eating pizza, but it supports my feeling that it's not about perfection, it's about learning how to live and balance. I was worried about my calories today, knowing we were getting a pizza for football night, so even though today was a rest day... I went for a walk.

Today did NOT fit into my goals of organic, natural, predominantly homemade foods... but it fit into my life.

Thanks to everyone for reading, and replying. I've found this site to be invaluable, and the people to be inspiring and such a great support. So, thank you!
  • Denkko
    Denkko Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Such a beautifully expressed reality check. Thank you.
  • Thbrtchld
    Options
    Love it!!! Thank you!
  • jparker3011
    Options
    You are FAR from a failure!! You're awesome! You said a lot of things I know others were thinking, as well as going through. (I'm admitting to the three pieces of pizza I had Friday) You're doing awesome and keep doing what's best for you!
  • Perseverance10910
    Perseverance10910 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS. THANK YOU!
  • jtodacheeny
    jtodacheeny Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Wow, thank you so much for this post!! I think you are an inspiration to all of us normal folks out here who fail more often than we would like to admit, but then pick ourselves up and get at it again! God bless!!!!
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! :smile:
  • jtodacheeny
    jtodacheeny Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Wow, thank you so much for this post!! I think you are an inspiration to all of us normal folks out here who fail more often than we would like to admit, but then pick ourselves up and get at it again! God bless!!!!
  • Dickersondiva
    Dickersondiva Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My God!!!!!!!! That moved me to tears!!! **SPEECHLESS** :flowerforyou:
  • unrulygurl
    unrulygurl Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Really inspirational, I 2nd that you should copy this to a blog post.
  • belleyshelley
    Options
    This post really spoke to me. I love your message of letting go of the perfectionism. I struggle with this. My mountain to climb is only about 50 pounds. Reading your post, I feel ridiculous for having ever felt sorry for myself. I'm a "failure" too. But I keep getting back into it, as best I can. Two steps forward, and one step back - it's still forward movement. So thank you for sharing and being so honest. You're not advocating behavior, you're giving hope to someone who is struggling. I really appreciate it.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Love it.
  • petreebird
    petreebird Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Absolutely LOVE this post!!!! Thank you for sharing your story! :happy:
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Wow. Thank you. This was absolutely perfect <3
  • alwayssavingme
    Options
    I don't think anyone who lost 250lb is a failure!
  • LeonaB17
    LeonaB17 Posts: 304
    Options
    I so just enjpyed reading your post bc I agree with everything you said. I'm not perfect by any means and neither is anyone else - skinny or not! You have a great attitude and I wish you the best continued success!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!