Sweet Tooth

Options
What do you guys do when you have really bad cravings for chocolate or sweets? Tips and tricks please :)

Karen
http://freshfitnfabulous.blogspot.com/

Replies

• matchupitchu
    Options
    Yup I need some tips on this also.... I have a box of Ferrero Roche in front of me.....but 74 calories a pop is a non starter !
  • kittyraccoon7
    kittyraccoon7 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    a week ago, I was craving a milk chocolate bar BAD... so what I did, was I bought one from Sees and it's 4 pieces in a bar... so each day, I allowed myself 1 piece to 'reward' myself for being good... yes, it's not a great source of calories, but it also doesn't deprive me, and I found I was okay with that little amount...

edit to add: one of my ex boyfriend's moms use to carry around a baggy of m&m's and after every meal, she'd eat exactly 5 as a 'dessert'... it worked for her, she never craved any sweets.
  • NaomiWhite77
    NaomiWhite77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow treats work for me. Yum
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    What do you guys do when you have really bad cravings for chocolate or sweets? Tips and tricks please :)

Karen
    http://freshfitnfabulous.blogspot.com/

Not a tip or trick... I eliminated a number of medium and high glycemic-related carbohydrates from my intake.. I just dont crave nor care for junk food or chocolate anymore.. in fact, it really hurts my teeth....
  • rbbrrmqn
    rbbrrmqn Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    For one thing, the less you eat of all this, the less you will crave it. I NEVER used to believe it, but now I am living proof it is true. I don't crave it like I used to and I eat far few sweets now than ever. Some of my friends have had the same results as me. Good luck.
  • melanielynn123
    Options
    I drink Tazo teas when I have a craving for sweets - the Wild Sweet Orange and the Organic Apple Red are my favorites!:drinker:
  • taylor0911
    Options
    Skinny Cow treats work for me. Yum

I have these as well. The sundaes and ice creams are around 100 calories each!
    I also have diet weight watchers chocolate mousse, only 66 calories!
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I love sugar free stuff. Sometimes I make toast with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray on bread, toast it and put 2 tbls of sugar free cherry jelly on it. Like 100 calories. Use high fiber low cal bread and it is a sweet tasty snack!
  • jspage73
    jspage73 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I agree that the less you eat of it the less you will crave it. The "crap" in the junk food causes us to want it more I believe, but is something I am still struggling with.
    Last week I heard a tip on TV....take a cup of greek yogurt, non fat, plain (the healthy stuff) and mix a packet of diet or sugar free (25 calorie per packet) of swiss miss cocoa and you have a healthy sweet treat. I tried it at first as shared from TV (was pretty good I must say). Then another day I really needed something a little sweeter, so I made it again and add 1 packet of stevia (or your sweetner choice) and it was like thick chocolate pudding and satisfied my sweet need.
    I do think part of the key is not to deprive yourself comepletely that is where at least I fall off the healthy trail. Just make a good sweet choice and limit what you give yourself.
    Keep trying you will find what works for your sweet need....in my humble opinion what works for one doesn't always work for the next one.
    Keep up the good work and keep asking for help and suggestions!!
  • pixiexxgirl
    Options
    By "popsicle brand"
    40 calorie no sugar added fudgesicles
    15 calorie sugar free fruit popsicles (orange, grape cherry, Or tropical flavors
    20 calorie sugar free creamsicles

100 calorie oreo thin crips
    100 calorie chocolate chip cookies

Weight Watchers has a bunch of ice cream products too, never had them because there were like 5$ for a box of 4...

I like air popped popcorn minus the salt and butter and replace with caramel popcorn seasoning.
    Healthy low cal, and helps my sweet tooth. :)

Drink wise when im craving a sweet drink I'll buy what I call 'pop water" lol.
    It's sugar less, calorie free, sodium free, no caffeine no nothing. and they have it in a bunch of flavors at wal mart, its called clear american and you can get a liter for 64 cents :)
  • jenlb99
    jenlb99 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I indulge, but I make sure I stay within my caloric range. I also make sure it's GOOD chocolate, etc. When you give your body what it really wants, and you truly savour it as you eat it, you'll find you won't crave it as much. You'll be satisfied.

That's why I'm not a believer in sugar-free chocolate, etc. It never tastes as good as the real thing, and the texture's strange. It's also usually loaded with sucralose (Splenda), which is addictive and will make your body crave more of it...AND my body and brain know the difference. It never "hits the spot" as the good stuff does.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    No trick. I dont have cravings as i just some chocolate etc whenever i fancy it. I just log the cals, and be sensible. I use fun size bars instead of normal size. No reason to cut them out!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    No trick. I dont have cravings as i just some chocolate etc whenever i fancy it. I just log the cals, and be sensible. I use fun size bars instead of normal size. No reason to cut them out!

People like me with medical problems, yeah, there are many reasons to cut all of them out.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    The less I eat, the less I want for sure... But sometimes nothing else will do the trick and I go for something around 100 calories, so then its not too bad. I do limit this to once a week at most though x
  • hanahlai
    hanahlai Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I eat a weight watchers icecream. I love the dark chocolate raspberry pops. I will eat it at the end of the day though as a "treat" for doing so well throughout the day, It is 80 calories (or two points if you're counting points.) I figure it's better than how I use to eat chocolate which was TONS a every day all day! lol

I still think desserts taste awesome, but those WW icecreams have helped me curb it from eating 100's of a calories a day on candy/sweets to just the 80 at least. Sometimes I might have a 60 calorie yogurt and mix it with 6 tablespoons of lite whipped cream. That amounts to 120 calories. It tastes great frozen too!

Also, I have been eating a lot of fruit, and it has helped because it's tart and sweet. I am not sure if I will ever get rid of my "sweet tooth", but I have definitely been better since I have been watching my diet. Try searching weight watchers recipes. I saw one recipe that used a devils food cake mix and pumpkin puree to make it healthier and less fattening. Never tried it myself though!
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I have sweet teeth Ha Ha. Cinnamon and raisin bagles give me the illusion of a cinnamon bun. Mix a chocolate cake mix with a can of pumkin and follow baking instructions. Mix a yellow cake mix with 2 cups of apple sauce and follow baking instructions. Only add the pumkin or apple sauce, nothing else and you get a pretty large cupcake with reasonable calories and they are so good. Whole fruit frozen bars the strawberry and finally, I mix dried fruit and roasted peanuts and divid out in half cup servings. The servings are small and the calories are 220 but it is all good for you.
  • thenance007
    thenance007 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have always been an evening sweets eater, and I think that eating healthy 90% of the day and exercising is enough of a shock to my system at this point. So I save 100 - 200 calories, (sometimes exercise calories) for an evening (8 to 9 pm) snack. For that I can have a half cup Peach frozen yogurt for 90 calories or a Private Selection apple crisp for 160 calories (just like apple pie!) up to peanut butter fudge ice cream for 180. Or an apple cut up and sprinkled with a teaspoon of sugar, a dash of cinnamon, and a dash of vanilla, microwaved for 2 minutes, for about 75 calories. Or occasionally, even Denali Extreme Moose Tracks ice cream for 240! I find that by waiting till late evening to eat the sweets, the blood sugar issues resolve themselves overnight, so I don't mess up my insulin and start my cravings. By morning, I'm ready for low carb again. I read somewhere that it isn't what you eat in a day, but in a meal (say a 2-3 hour period) that determines whether your body uses it or stores it. So I try for one or two very low carb meals per day and one with protein and complex carbs.
  • lvmyequines
    lvmyequines Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I eat it, I make a calorie allowance for dark chocolate, red wine, and half and half every day and still lost 37 lbs. I did worse when I tried to deprive myself. Plan ahead is my best advice. It is not what you eat, it is the amount. it took me years to figure this out ( years of starvation and binge eating)
  • JessyLovesJCS
    JessyLovesJCS Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Serious sweet tooth here!

I have been having 3 Hershey's dark chocolate kisses. But I just slowly let them melt in my month. After 3 or 4 (88 calories) I'm usually good.
  • EnjoyTheSpin
    Options
    LOOK NO FURTHER! I have the trick or you!
    1 square 70% dark chocolate (I like Green & Black's Organic Chocolate) + 4g raw peanut butter