Blacking out when getting up?

Options
13»

Replies

• ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    last time I tried walking through a black out I hit the floor and had a nice black eye :-/
  • nightsrainfall
    nightsrainfall Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Happens to me. I was also told it was because my blood sugar will spike low. I have been told to make sure I was getting my Iron, to eat protien throughout the day (- do the snacking/grazing/5-meals vs 3 meals), and to drink plenty of water.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Happens to me all the time - especially early in the morning. When I stand up from doing something like mountain climbers at boot camp, I have a brief moment where everything goes black. My blood pressure is about 90 / 60. Maybe I should start carrying a salt lick around with me.
  • Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Me too. I have low blood pressure - my mum and sister are the same.

I just have to get up slowly. My bp is usually about 99/60
  • kaellinn18
    kaellinn18 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Have it here as well! .. was told low. B.P....and not to worry unless it lasts longer than a minute or so. Good Luck
    Mine are true vaso vagal responses. Sometimes it's when I stand up, sometimes it just happens. These days I can feel them coming on and flex (my butt) my way out of them. It's annoying as hell!

Mine are also vasovagal responses. I'm unable to wear contact lenses because physical contact on my eyes (eyedrops included) cause a vasovagal response also. I can rub my eyes no problem and even touch them, but if it's something else, BOOM. Very annoying.
  • taxladyhitt
    Options
    I've had this issue many times. I read one time that it affects 25% of women. Much of it is due to low blood pressure, but not always. It happens to my husband if he doesn't stay hydrated. Be sure to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day (coffee, soda, etc, does NOT count as they tend to dehydrate you). Also, eating numerous small meals a day will help. Be aware of what makes it worse for you: time of the month, weather, eating, drinking, etc, can all affect how much you are affected by it.