not counting drinking calories

Options
question to everyone - I go out drinking with my friends friday and saturday nights and dont ever count the alcohol calories, do you think this is really bad? I just eat my normal calories during the day and then drink without thinking of those calories because i dont want to drink without eating just because of calories. .. what do you guys think?

Replies

• Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I can tell you from first hand knowledge that alcohol calories ADD UP FAST! I would definitely count them.
  • bms34b
    bms34b Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, calories are calories. They count if they come in drinks, too. I'd personally go for a vodka tonic with a splash of lime to keep it low-cal. The next day, you will probably weigh less due to dehydration, but don't be fooled. Count those calories so you don't have to feel bad about them!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    It depends what your goal is. Just because you don't log the calories, it doesn't mean they don't count - it just means that you have a smaller deficit or no deficit on the days you go out drinking.

If you are losing weight at a rate you are happy with, don't change anything.
    If you aren't losing weight, well you will know why and might need to change something.
  • maggie16sweetxoxo
    maggie16sweetxoxo Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Well, like if your having more than a like a beer you should prob. count them even though you prob. don't want to worry about that when your out drinking if your serious about weight lose you should count them. :3
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Whatever you put in your mouth you log. Be truthful about what you are doing and you will lose, lie and you gain. That's how I look at what I do. I even log my gum.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i always log my drinks..a shot of vodka (which i believe is the lowest cal liqour) is like 65 calories...
    factor in mixed drinks, or beer..or (my favorite) jager and it adds up VERY fast.
    the last time i went out drinking it was 344 calories for the 3 drinks i had - i dont even want to think about the times when i actually got drunk :p
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    question to everyone - I go out drinking with my friends friday and saturday nights and dont ever count the alcohol calories, do you think this is really bad? I just eat my normal calories during the day and then drink without thinking of those calories because i dont want to drink without eating just because of calories. .. what do you guys think?
    If you're doing on "free day" go for it.
    If not, log it in or forget reaching your goals.

Those are just empty calories with zero nutritional value and alcohol is not good for us for a number of reasons.

BUT again, make that your free day, and HAVE FUN:drinker:
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I wouldn't honestly. It is good to have that "cheat day" that many people talk about. That could be it! Just make sure you are good the other 6b days and make smart choices on alcohol :]
  • erzsebet_1560
    Options
    Yeah, trust me...alcohol is freaking fattening! Log it.
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm really sorry hon, if you're serious about losing weight you are really going to have to count those calories!! Even just a glass of wine is up to 100 calories and if you're on say 1200 cals a day, then 4 glasses of wine, for example, is a third of your days calories.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Whatever you put in your mouth you log. Be truthful about what you are doing and you will lose, lie and you gain. That's how I look at what I do. I even log my gum.

Me too!!!
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    7cal per gram, depends on how much drinking you are doing.
  • paulcer
    paulcer Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    It never occurred to me not to log them. Even if I went out and got stupid on a Friday night, I log it.... embarrassing as it may be.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Not counting my drinking calories is a major part of the reason I gained so much weight after graduating from college! I went out every Friday and Saturday night with my friends, and it showed! LOL I vote to count those calories. :-)
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I log everything that goes in my mouth from my food, drink, coffee creamer and even meds.
  • kikislove2
    kikislove2 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You really need to count them. One beer can cost you 150 calories. So having just a few drinks can really be the difference in staying on track or blowing your entire day. so be careful and log everything. I log pieces of candy I eat because I wasn't logging them at first, and after having five small pieces of candy, realized that was 75 calories.
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Yes, count them - liquid lunch anyone?
  • LuciaLongIsland
    Options

You say in your profile that you want to be healthy. Drinking is not healthy!!! You drink 2 nights a week. Not good. Trust me I have been there. Drinking made me thin, but You can develop many problems from drinking.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    Options
    I log everything that goes in my mouth from my food, drink, coffee creamer and even meds.

Meds?
  • SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I agree with most of the other posters, I log everything that goes in my gullet including vitamins and even chewing gum :flowerforyou: Alcohol has a LOT of calories so I wouldn't even consider not logging.