*Ladies only question...*

Options

Replies

• mickijwat
    Options
    I find that if I take vitamins and drink water I am much better off than without doing that, for some reason it lessens the cravings.
  • Kristin111365
    Options
    I just work out more. The exercise really makes you feel better during that time - and the more you exercise, the more calories you get to eat back!
    I do the same thing that way i dont feel guilty.
  • krisvtx8777
    Options
    I still havent found a way to deal with this even after losing 55 pounds...it's intense for me. This week you'll find a laundry list of my "survival" snacks...lol (pop chips-PB2-hot green tea-vitacakes-dark choc chips-mini bars-hot choco)
    Honestly, I just try to keep as many under 100 cal snack items I can around....I'm sure many wouldn't agree....but it keeps me within my calories till the feeling subsides! Hot liquids work wonders for me....they really make my cravings go away and take longer to sip through to get over the immediate craving!
  • beautifulbeast11
    beautifulbeast11 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Dark Chocolate & Almonds! Green tea & Bananas!
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I go for the 100 calorie bags of the kettle corn popcorn. It satisfies the sweet and the salty and only 100 calories.
  • myfriendamy
    myfriendamy Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    ugh - those days KILL me. I try to just suck it up and repeat to myself that tomorrow will be better... but sometimes I give in to the cravings, a little.

I'll have 2-3 kisses, some peanut butter right off the spoon, ritz crackers, apples with honey... those are what I crave most on those days! :) basically, I don't freak if I go over. done people have cheat days every week, so if once a month I let myself go over I'm not going to beat myself up over it. but everything in moderation!
  • nenar77
    nenar77 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    SammyKatt you are soooo blessed, not weird!
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I just work out more. The exercise really makes you feel better during that time - and the more you exercise, the more calories you get to eat back!

I totally agree with this. And I know people are different, but for me I am unstoppable this time of the month. For some reason, for the first 2 or 3 days of each cycle, it seems I can outrun, outcycle, outlast anyone! And then, yes, I can outeat anyone too!

Normally a quality piece of dark chocolate and a glass or two of good red wine does it for me in terms of cravings. But that's true nearly every day for me.
  • neaneawy
    neaneawy Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I try to keep busy with lots of activities and the kids. Exercise exercise so I can eat back more calories!
  • thinkpositive3
    thinkpositive3 Posts: 85 Member
    Options

Agreed! The other option is to eat a very small amounts of that craving just go get rid of it.
    Water, water, water.
  • sunnyd52
    Options
    I totally understand! My neighbor ordered pizza and I had a "Ali Mcbeal" moment wanting to tackle the pizza guy for the pizza. I heard on Dr. Oz to get a couple spoons of peanut butter and it curbs your craving. It has worked for my too. I just bought a bogo deal today.lol
    OMG ! I loved Ali McBeal. Never missed an episode :heart:
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that NEVER wants to eat when its that time? I have to force myself to eat. =/ I'm so weird!

I have to force food down the couple days before. Everything makes me wanna puke. I think that's why I'm so hungry the first day or two!
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Its one of my favorites and the worse day of my time of the month is the Sunday of that week and there is always a mini marathon on Sunday nights. Makes things a bit more bearable
  • supergirl6
    supergirl6 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym, though I don't lift weights that week. The cardio keeps the cramps away and I spend a little time in the sauna, which always just makes me *feel* better. For food I keep things I can readily snack on that won't be too bad - like fruit - and I keep some low fat skim chocolate milk on hand too. That seems to keep my sweet cravings in check. I'm not sure there's any one "fix." I drink a LOT of water and tea and just try to keep my stress levels low. Oh! I also keep all the high sodium foods out of the house. I already feel bloated and enormous, there's no need to add to the bloating.
  • AnewNisha
    AnewNisha Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I struggle with that as well... I noticed that depriving myself makes me want if even MORE so I just keep low calorie snack around and eat low sugar fruits!!!! and LOTS of water
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Think about how much the scale is going to drop once the water weight goes away. I'm not sure if that'll continue working for me but it has for me right now. :)
  • SammyKatt
    SammyKatt Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that NEVER wants to eat when its that time? I have to force myself to eat. =/ I'm so weird!

I have to force food down the couple days before. Everything makes me wanna puke. I think that's why I'm so hungry the first day or two!

I'm like that the whole time. My BF has to force me to eat. He will annoy the crap outta me until I name one food I think sounds somewhat okay and he will go get it. Once I said I just wanted french fries so he went out and got me 2 large orders of fries and that was what I ate. Then after that time is over it takes me a couple days to get back in the habit of eating. I guess that's why I decided to get back on depo and just not deal with it. =P
  • mamimarisa
    Options
    i try to plan out my day early on.. that way i can look forward to the things im goin to eat instead of tryyin to figure it out once im already starving
  • kat2475
    kat2475 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm currently dealing with this and what has been a lifesaver for me is fruit. I bought a bunch of clementines, pineapple, apples, bananas, etc. I figure if I am binging on fruit, it's better than ice cream.
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Peppermint tea... peppermint is a good appetite suppressant. My favorite is by Traditional Medicines. Also, if it's not in the house, you won't eat it, right? It helps me not having much around the time of the month. Log everything. Sometimes seeing it all logged is a major appetite/craving suppressant! :)