any one pre plan their food journals?

Options
13»

Replies

• 15in8
    15in8 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I preplan, but I log as I go as I find I have one or 2 things change on any given day. It is good to have a plan I think.
  • lois4468
    lois4468 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I have to! Wanted homemade prime rib for dinner so put that in first and built the day around it, less for rest of meals and had to choose carefully, but did it. Your diary can be seen by your friends if you set it up that way and they could help you with that.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Yes very much so! And I will guesstimate exercise calories, I exercise at night and need to know how many additional calories to eat throughout the day otherwise I will do the exercise and have to find things to eat at night to make it up! I will usually add my lunch and dinner to know how many available calories I have for eating snacks!
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I do! I almost always fill it out in the am while I drink my coffee. That way I always know I'm staying in my calorie range.

^^^i do this too^^^

me too! *L* morning rituals... gotta love 'em
  • lr8812
    lr8812 Posts: 111
    Options
    Yep! I plan for the following day! This keeps my mind at rest through the day. Like right now it's time to start planning my busy Monday. lol
  • noexcuses84
    noexcuses84 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    i preplan to a certain extent. at lunch i sit down and put in wat i'm having for afternoon tea and dinner. I just don't have the time to do it of an evening and it also helps me stay on track!
  • Junbuganna
    Options
    I DO! i found that it helps me stay on track and it is easier for me!
  • jmjones66
    jmjones66 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I normally plan my meals for the next day, in the evening. I always take breakfast, lunch, and two snacks to work, so I usually enter all of my food in after packing my meals. Dinner is the only meal that I don't plan for. I never know what the plan is for dinner until I get home that evening (hubby cooks dinner!) Entering the calories the night before helps me to keep from overeating and maintaining better control.
  • LittleMissAngi
    LittleMissAngi Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I tried that one week, it helped out a lot! Thanks for reminding me to do it tonight

Although I only plan for next day, I can't do the full week yet since my husband and I are in between houses and staying with my parents until the new one is ready, talk about stress!
  • badseedsister
    Options
    I found if I pre-plan my meals I eat what I plan. If I just rely on putting my food in, I overeat. Planning ahead is so much easier, I know what I am going to eat so I am not "searching" for something for eat that ultimately ends up being a less nutritious choice. Also by pre-planning, I know what to shop for. Good luck.
  • tarabear826
    Options
    I always pre-plan my meals. It helps me stay on track and if I want to add in something along the way I already know what I'm working with.
  • TammyLynne71
    TammyLynne71 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I just got done pre planning my food for tomorrow. I'm also going to pre plan fo Tuesday and Wednesday. On Wednesday I'll pre plan for the rest of the week.
    The idea of doing mass cooking and meal planning on Sunday afternoon is something I am going to do.
    If any of you want to look at my food diarys please feel free. Your input would be great.
  • TammyLynne71
    TammyLynne71 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I spend an hour (or more) every Sun, measuring, cooking & packaging all of my meals for the week so that I can have the convenience of CONVENIENCE food. Yes, it does take time, but I know I will not have to fretting over what to take for breakfasts or lunch later in the week.

awesome idea!!!!!!!!
  • Cassi1990
    Cassi1990 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I cant pre-plan. Maybe for the day, but definitely not for an entire week. I change my mind WAY too much! Ha ha!
  • Aaloo79
    Aaloo79 Posts: 105
    Options
    Well, sometimes I plan ahead but just for a day. This way, it helps me to increase my protein intake and make it a point to add a few fruits and vegetables here n there.
  • skeetpea
    skeetpea Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I do! it has helped me tremendously!! I go to the store on saturdays and buy my food for the week. After shopping on saturday I will sit down and type in all my meals on MFP and also 'when' I should eat those meals for the day. Then I transfer all of that information onto my calender on my smart phone. My schedule is so busy during the week sometimes that this has been the only way I can keep track of what I should eat.
    :drinker: