Deadlines for weight loss - What is yours?

Options
124»

Replies

• BellydanceBliss
    Options
    I am not setting deadlines for myself. My focus is on consistency. For me I just find it works better.
  • cunokyle
    cunokyle Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are going on a cruise next January..so i would like to be down to my goal weight and working on gaining muscle mass by then.
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone sounds like you've all got some great goals Id like to have lost 14lb by my friends wedding on April 14. Im doing a reading at her wedding and Id like to be wearing a nice dress and be a dress size smaller when im stood up in front of the whole church lol. My weight loss has been a steady thing and its the first time Ive actually set a goal Itll be a challange but I think I can do it.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I stopped setting absolute goals and instead embark on "adventures" that last x weeks.

I just started my next one... 12 weeks of fat shredding. I am supposed to lose 2-4% body fat from it. We shall see. I'm down to my last 15 lbs and have been stuck there.
  • katm427
    katm427 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I'm presently 152 pounds. I just want to be in the mid 140s or so by Valentine's Day. Or high 140s. Just not in the 150s, really.

My real goal is to hit between 125 and 135 by my birthday on April 27th. I have 95 days left to reach that goal. Yikes.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I have that video too! It's intense. I know my goal is kind of lame, but I really want to keep it attainable. I saw the coolest thing on Pinterest today - motivation marbles. You have one jar that says "Pounds to Lose" and another that says "Pounds Lost". Then you put however many marbles into the Pounds to Lose jar and move them as you make progress. I'm totally trying it!

I absolutely love this idea!!! I don't think it is lame at all! Especially for people who are very visual. If you see something like that day by day it will totally help...Another idea (especially for the person who said they didn't know where to buy marbles) you could use anything or even dollar bills and once you get all the money into the "lost" jar you get to buy yourself something with it!

to OP..I have a 10 pound per month challenge so that I can lose 100 pounds by October, and my reward is a Hawaiian cruise. As of the 18th I am down my 10 pounds for January, PLUS an extra 2 more pounds for February! I think mini goals are extremely important! When I kept thinking of the 100 pounds I had to lose I was overwhelmed. But ever since I broke it down and reward myself per 10 pounds, it seems so much more doable!
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    My first was to break 200 lbs before the end of last year. I did this about 3 weeks early. (Started in March last year).

My current goal is to hit my final target of 180 lbs before the snow melts. Lets say by the end of March. (2 months to lose 20 lbs).

This may be a bit aggressive, but hey, nothing ventured nothing gained!
  • heykatieben
    heykatieben Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I am not setting deadlines for myself. My focus is on consistency. For me I just find it works better.

This (for me). I set a Vday goal originally, but consistency works better than a goal for me, too. If I set a goal and I'm not on track with it, I'm too likely to just go the other way.
  • sulliwedd
    Options
    15 pounds by end of March for my birthday and 30 pounds by June for my wedding :) I will be trying the motivation jar!
  • GetThinKim
    Options
    My long term goal is to reach 140 by September...I'm 168 just now, so I think it should be attainable!!
  • mortla
    mortla Posts: 73
    Options
    I would like to be 200 pounds by March of 2013. I am hoping its attainable. Right now I am 405.
  • Jenn638
    Jenn638 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    i had the mini goal of losing 10lbs by valentines. and i have 4 to go. but i would love to weigh 170 by the beginning of April, my five year anniversary. that's 14 lbs to go! but i can do it. after that my next goal is 155 by the beginning of July. to celebrate my 25th birthday. after that i really haven't planned out my mini goals.... i guess ill cross that bridge when i get to it.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I want to be at a healthy weight by my 30th birthday. I just had my 29th on Friday.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    As early in the summer as is possible. Because I want to wear sundresses.. xx
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I would like to be as close to my goal, 130, as possible by my birthday...29 August :-)) I'm floating around 160-163 at the moment.
  • sunshinestate
    sunshinestate Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    i would like to be at my target weight 145lbs by my birthday in may :smile: i'm at 166 now so is definately doable

My birthday is also in May, and I'm hoping to hit 145 too! I was at 155 this morning, so it is totally possible!
  • sunshinestate
    sunshinestate Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I made it to 149!!! PROGRESS!!!