Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

valentines day gift

Replies

• _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Absolutely nothing is probably the best gift you could give me on V-day. I *kitten* hate that day. Yeah, I'm one of those. :tongue:

However, my anniversary with the boyfriend is 4 days later, and it's way more awesome than Valentine's Day.
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    I've never gotten a Valentine's Day gift from anyone other than maybe my dad since he's usually always deployed around that time :( But I think the best gift he got me were these orchids
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    An in-home massage with a monogrammed bamboo robe, flowers, candles, and wine on the side....

But I gave that... I've never gotten d*ck for Valentines day.

Edit: The ONLY thing I've gotten on Valentine's Day is d*ck, actually.

I feel your disappointment.
    Take him to "small" claims court....
  • thatgirl125
    thatgirl125 Posts: 294 Member
    last year my hubby got me a dozen roses, a box of chocolates, a card, and The led Zeppelin mothership CD. It was pretty darn sweet. : ) Plus Led Zeppelin is my favorite band so yeah it was great.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    An in-home massage with a monogrammed bamboo robe, flowers, candles, and wine on the side....

But I gave that... I've never gotten d*ck for Valentines day.

Edit: The ONLY thing I've gotten on Valentine's Day is d*ck, actually.

I feel your disappointment.
    Take him to "small" claims court....

I divorced him. But that's not why.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    my boyfriend has never given me a valentine's day gift. 2+ years now.

Any gift, is a great gift at the point.

My sentiments...only he's my husband..and I havent gotten anything for christmas, valentines day, my bday or for our anniversary...=) we've been married 4 years in Feb...I havent gotten anything since 2 years before we got married. lol but it's ok..I love him so I push it aside...although it'd be nice to get something once in a while.

Curious - Why has he gotten you nothing in six years??

Unfortunately...he's spoiled and claims his (and I quote) "ideas of romance involve too much money and we dont have the money to spend on what he wants to do with me" that and if I didnt remind him...he wouldnt remember his days off work.

OOOOOH! Tell him this one!!!!! Last year hubbby bought a pack of valentine's ring pops and hid them... EVERYWHERE! in the glove box of my car, in the china cabinet, in the medicine cabinet, behind pictures on the mantle, literally everywhere. I was still finding them days later (I actually found one about two months ago). And it really brought a smile to my face with every one that I found because I wasn't expecting them. :-) AND it was CHEAP!
  • sweetpickle84
    sweetpickle84 Posts: 46 Member
    Got tickets to see Nick Carter in concert with VIP! Got them for this valentines day only a little early. Concert is 3 days before valentines day!
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    When we were doing the long distance thing he sent me personalized m&m's with my favorite dorky picture of him (that he hates) and little sweet nothings written on them. That was a good one.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member

My sentiments...only he's my husband..and I havent gotten anything for christmas, valentines day, my bday or for our anniversary...=) we've been married 4 years in Feb...I havent gotten anything since 2 years before we got married. lol but it's ok..I love him so I push it aside...although it'd be nice to get something once in a while.

Curious - Why has he gotten you nothing in six years??

Unfortunately...he's spoiled and claims his (and I quote) "ideas of romance involve too much money and we dont have the money to spend on what he wants to do with me" that and if I didnt remind him...he wouldnt remember his days off work.
    Wow!
    his (and I quote) "ideas of romance involve too much money and we dont have the money to spend on what he wants to do with me"

I'm going to see if that line works for me, and I'll get the credit for the thought without having to do anything meaningful.

LOVE IT!
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    A 10 year wedding vow renewal at Stone Mountain.

That said, we don't give gifts on Valentine's day.
  • sexycheesemonkey
    sexycheesemonkey Posts: 196 Member
    Wow!
    his (and I quote) "ideas of romance involve too much money and we dont have the money to spend on what he wants to do with me"

I'm going to see if that line works for me, and I'll get the credit for the thought without having to do anything meaningful.

LOVE IT!
    I am a VERY patient and loving woman...that line does not cut it with most of my friends and they give him hell for me, even though I tell them not to bother.
  • jen0731
    jen0731 Posts: 59 Member
    I think I'm not a normal woman by any means. I met my fiance on 02/11, 3 years ago. I told him then, I think Valentine's Day is a glorified Hallmark holiday where a man feels like he has to do something. Flowers are more expensive this time of year too. I told him that I would not be with someone who can't show me that he loves me all the time not one day out of the year. That being said, I don't expect the royal treatment all the time...it's the little things. I see it in his eyes or even some of the corny nice things he does. We do nice things for each other all the time. Yes, I know I'm not normal at all lol. :smooched:
  • Got tickets to see Nick Carter in concert with VIP! Got them for this valentines day only a little early. Concert is 3 days before valentines day!

That's so cruel! What did you ever do to deserve that torture?
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    story of my life... any gift would be great...at least last year he had chocolate covered strawberries and flowers for me, he also spread rose petals up our apartment stairwell that lead to our place, as I was walking up I was thinking that it's sweet that someone did that for their loved one, and boy was I surprised to led to my apartment :P

• SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    A quiet home cooked candlelight dinner for two... That I didn't have to cook... It really is the little things sometimes... :)
  • danigirl1011
    danigirl1011 Posts: 314 Member
    Flowers win! Anything is good though. It's seriously the thought that counts. Wine, candy, a card especially, anything. Night away somewhere would score you big. Any kind of jewelry or dinner out
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    i dont get valentines day gifts..prob why i hate the stupid holiday!!!!! :grumble:
  • JoyceJoanne
    JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
    I work (aka BUST MY @SS!!) in a flower shop for Valentine's Day. The LAST thing I want to see is flowers and the likes. I DON'T understand why you can't do nice things ALL YEAR!! Not just on one day (ie Christmas, Valentine's day)!!! [BIGGEST PET PEEVE] The best gifts for me are the ones that take THOUGHT.
    One of mine recently:
    A nightime beach picnic under the stars -a beach where there was a 'memory'. The Mr. had my favorite sandwich, beverage of choice (black cherry vodka and soda YUM), chocolate covered strawberries that HE made, a card that he wrote, our favorite music and candles. It was INCREDIBLE!! Didn't cost much but was spectacular. I think it was very rewarding for BOTH of us. *wink - wink*
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Got tickets to see Nick Carter in concert with VIP! Got them for this valentines day only a little early. Concert is 3 days before valentines day!

That's so cruel! What did you ever do to deserve that torture?

*high five*
  • I work (aka BUST MY @SS!!) in a flower shop for Valentine's Day. The LAST thing I want to see is flowers and the likes. I DON'T understand why you can't do nice things ALL YEAR!! Not just on one day (ie Christmas, Valentine's day)!!! [BIGGEST PET PEEVE] The best gifts for me are the ones that take THOUGHT.
    One of mine recently:
    A nightime beach picnic under the stars -a beach where there was a 'memory'. The Mr. had my favorite sandwich, beverage of choice (black cherry vodka and soda YUM), chocolate covered strawberries that HE made, a card that he wrote, our favorite music and candles. It was INCREDIBLE!! Didn't cost much but was spectacular. I think it was very rewarding for BOTH of us. *wink - wink*

Yeah GOOD IDEA, let's all dress up in Halloween costumes every day too.. There should be no said Holidays!!!

Sarcasm is not for everyone.