First time at the gym

Options
2»

Replies

• thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Do a forum search for people at the gym or something along those lines and you'll see what people think at the gym.. Be warned though that it should be taken with a grain a salt and none of it is meant to be taken seriously.

The mods deleted that thread because of thinned skinned people without a sense of humor.

But in all honesty, 99% of people at the gym don't care that your face is red or that you're sweating. Sure you're going to have that idiotic 1%, but you're in there for you.
  • atlantapiper
    atlantapiper Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I too get the red face (when no one else seems to) and sweat (especially my head, under my hair) a lot...I think some people just do that, but also, it's probably a great workout for you! Drink alot of water!
  • janarmac
    janarmac Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way!!! Been on a gym break because of that lol
    Like others have said though if you weren't sweating/red in the face you probably weren't working hard enough so give yourself a pat on the back and remember that you are there for you and what others think of you should be none of your concern!
    I find it helpful to keep my mind clear of the "i hope people aren't looking at me" thoughts if I can get in front of a TV or a window while i'm on the bike/eplitical/treadmill, it just provides an extra distraction.
    Good Luck :)
  • drgnkiss9
    Options
    i just start to go to the gym i was working at home and watching my in take of food .... does anybody have any answers.. i am stuck between 200 and 201 i cant go below...
  • HeatherChapa
    HeatherChapa Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, it's not that am worried about whatever one else is doing but, I hate when I get red in the face after working out but, at least I feel good about myself and got a good work out and everyone has their on pace they are going at, Thanks made me feel a little better that am not the only one at the gym that gets red lol. I'm so fare so I guess it shows more haha.
  • malk2651
    malk2651 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Personally I think less of the people NOT sweating or going red. If your all sweaty and red and worked your butt off you should feel nothing but proud for working towards a better you.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I have learned that I can stay *on* the treadmil if I take off my glasses, crank my music, and go! Added bonus: I can't see anyone else! :wink: