What do you give your man for Valentine's?

Options

Replies

• Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have never exchanged Valentine's Day gifts because we have a general disgust with all the made up holiday's which seem to benefit only the greeting card and flower industry. But, I think year I am going to surprise him by having one of his photographs blown up and professionally framed. He has a kick-*kitten* camera and takes the most beautiful photos.
    I get this theory for things like Secretaries Day and Sweetest Day, but Valentines Day actually goes back many centuries (http://www.history.com/topics/valentines-day)...its not 'made up' by the greeting card industry.

That being said...we don't make a big fuss out of it either...maybe a dinner out if anything.

BTW..the photo gift sounds very cool.....
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm getting my husband a new Zoo York skateboard. He lost the one I got him for his birthday when we first met (it was super awesome, we're both still bummed and it's been a couple of years since he lost it) and he's been wanting a new one for a while. He occasionally rides mine around the neighborhood, but it's hot pink and I won't let him do tricks because I don't want him to accidentally break it.

I find the best gifts are thoughtful, sometimes useful things that the person already wants. It shows you know the person well and pay attention to what they like or are interested in.

Aw, that is really thoughtful!
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have never exchanged Valentine's Day gifts because we have a general disgust with all the made up holiday's which seem to benefit only the greeting card and flower industry. But, I think year I am going to surprise him by having one of his photographs blown up and professionally framed. He has a kick-*kitten* camera and takes the most beautiful photos.

What a great idea!
  • danibabs
    danibabs Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Lol we're getting each other sports jerseys. I'm getting him a Bruins jersey and he's getting me a Patriots jersey.
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Lol we're getting each other sports jerseys. I'm getting him a Bruins jersey and he's getting me a Patriots jersey.

Wait till after the Superbowl, the they will be giving the Patriots jerseys away.
  • sreimer07
    sreimer07 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Our gift to each other is going out of town for a Supercross race. it's mini vacay.
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    He gets the best gift of all - ME (it also happens to be our wedding anniversary:love: )
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I would say it depends on what he gets you as how generous you get with the nookie! lol

Mine will most likely get nothing as I am sure that is what I will get.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    we dont really do anything. Hubby gets the girls chocolates/stuffed animal/card and balloons..cause he is their valentine until they get married. We dont exchange anything..cause love should be celebrated more than once a year...but we do go out as a family..cause I love my children..and they should benefit from a night out....
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    I was thinking something status quo, you know, like a sword or something.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I believe we will be going to Indy for a night the following weekend, having a nice dinner and doing some shopping. I haven't quite thought about what to get him but I'll ty to make it thoughtful!
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options

Wait till after the Superbowl, the they will be giving the Patriots jerseys away.

HAAA!!!! I couldn't agree with you more!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    SILENCE!!!! It's free and everything!
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    A baby. Valentines day is my due date.
  • maggieschuck
    Options
    Im getting my bf a big surprise this yr. I paying for his registration to NorCal Tough Mudder!! I figured if Im getting him a gift then make it one that he'll use or want. We'll do the event together. Im ordering Sheris Berries as a bonus treat for that day.

Oh and plenty of SEX!!!
  • meghspencer
    Options
    we dont really do anything. Hubby gets the girls chocolates/stuffed animal/card and balloons..cause he is their valentine until they get married. We dont exchange anything..cause love should be celebrated more than once a year...but we do go out as a family..cause I love my children..and they should benefit from a night out....

Love this! That's how my husband and I are. We just have one little girl, but we prefer to hang out and go to dinner as a family. With the occasional 'date night' when it's just the two of us.
  • meghspencer
    Options
    So sweet. Congrats!!
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    This thread was directly under the What do you give your man for Valentine's?..............for a minute............
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/462488-deep-dish-pizza-with-no-cheese-can-t-find-calorie-count
    FITTING.................
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    So sweet. Congrats!!

Heh, thanks! :)
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options

I believe we will be going to Indy for a night the following weekend, having a nice dinner and doing some shopping. I haven't quite thought about what to get him but I'll ty to make it thoughtful!

So do we. But that's the point. I hate how commercialized V day has become. It somehow makes people with someone run out and try to find that perfect gift, or makes single people feel crappy. I don't buy into it - therefore I buy nothing and he's more than happy with the free fun stuff. February 14th is just another day. I try to show my husband I love him every day.