What do you give your man for Valentine's?

Options

Replies

• VegGrrl
    VegGrrl Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    A threesome. Me, him, and MIchael Fassbender. Oh wait, no, that's what's *I* want for V-Day... :devil:

I guess he's just getting a card then!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Aside from the obvious *wink wink* I got mine a heart rate monitor and he got me a food scale and some stuff to organize the bathroom and our closet.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

I believe we will be going to Indy for a night the following weekend, having a nice dinner and doing some shopping. I haven't quite thought about what to get him but I'll ty to make it thoughtful!

So do we. But that's the point. I hate how commercialized V day has become. It somehow makes people with someone run out and try to find that perfect gift, or makes single people feel crappy. I don't buy into it - therefore I buy nothing and he's more than happy with the free fun stuff. February 14th is just another day. I try to show my husband I love him every day.

He lives an hour away and we won't even see each other on Valentines day. It's all about quality time for us.
  • danibabs
    danibabs Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Lol we're getting each other sports jerseys. I'm getting him a Bruins jersey and he's getting me a Patriots jersey.

Wait till after the Superbowl, the they will be giving the Patriots jerseys away.

HAAA!!!! I couldn't agree with you more!

It IS after the Superbowl (which I'm bummed about and considered asking for it early but decided not to).
    I'd have a snarky comeback but I'm too superstitious / nervous. I consider my motivation for working out hard the next two weeks being the need to strengthen my heart so the game doesn't give me a heart attack.
    Hopefully I'm not setting myself up for a super depressing Valentine's Day...
  • xo_morgan
    xo_morgan Posts: 298
    Options
    I am getting a new nightie for him, making a good dinner (not too heavy, need energy for nookie) and a bottle of wine......

He wears a nightie???

LMAO.:drinker:
  • Just_Bethy
    Options
    Valentines day 2002 I gave him a son...I can't top that one so ..eh..LOL
  • Catzwitch
    Catzwitch Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Sunggles don't count after a while, lol, this is from an actual conversation I was having with a friend and my BF added his 2 cents:

Friend: kinda wants a boyfriend.. I guess its just that time of year.. bleh :(

Me: just someone else to have to buy a present for lol

Friend: Ohh, I can think of a few presents that don't require spending any money...

Boyfriend: Once I've opened it a couple of times, its not a present anymore.

*giggle*
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I am single. I will be buying myself (with my dad's money :D) a beautiful necklace.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Is Valentine's Day coming up again already? Got her a new Vacuum last year. Gonna get her a Year's Supply of Vacuum Bags this year.
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I can't believe how many of you are giving your men sex or bj's on Valentines day. My bf and I would both be feeling deprived if we didn't do those things regularly. :laugh:

I believe we will be going to Indy for a night the following weekend, having a nice dinner and doing some shopping. I haven't quite thought about what to get him but I'll ty to make it thoughtful!

So do we. But that's the point. I hate how commercialized V day has become. It somehow makes people with someone run out and try to find that perfect gift, or makes single people feel crappy. I don't buy into it - therefore I buy nothing and he's more than happy with the free fun stuff. February 14th is just another day. I try to show my husband I love him every day.

He lives an hour away and we won't even see each other on Valentines day. It's all about quality time for us.

Actually I just checked and V day is a Tuesday - which is my husbands late night hockey game- which means I'll be asleep long before he gets home after midnight. Oh well. A fun Monday and Wednesday and (etc etc ) will have to suffice. Just another Tuesday... :ohwell:
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    he gets the "special Lovin"
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Well, if you google, the day AFTER vday is steak and *clears throat* day... :)
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Is Valentine's Day coming up again already? Got her a new Vacuum last year. Gonna get her a Year's Supply of Vacuum Bags this year.
    RoadDog - when I was dating my husband, he got me a TOOL SET for V-day one year...then said "well, its in a red box" ....
    In his defense, he did fix some things in my condo with those tools, but I think he secretly knew they'd be "our" indoor tool set so he wouldn't have to run to the garage for things after I moved in.

Last year, I got a pink Ugly Stik (fishing pole).....but that was cool....
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    If we're together til October, then he'll get something for Sweetest Day, but Valentine's Day is all about me :-D.

But, as others have mentioned, I'll probably buy something sexy (and red) to wear for him and he'll be elated with that. Lol
  • MissMizzy
    Options
    Neither my boyfriend nor I really care about valentines day, but we're gonna make pizza together and have lots of sex. (We do that all the time, but still. It's the thought that counts!)
  • wildcata77
    Options
    Coupon book for a variety of thoughtful things. Everything from cooking a nice meal for him, to cleaning his house one day (if you don't live together) to sexual favors or a promise to watch a sports game (in it's entirety) with him without commenting on the uniforms.

Just personalize it for the kinds of things he's into. If it's a weekend playing WoW without having to make plans with you, going out to a brewery for a beer tasting if he loves beer and being his DD...it can be anything!
  • eayal002
    eayal002 Posts: 186
    Options

LMAO
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    My husband gets a stately home evry year for v alentines....F$%k hall. :glasses:

Seriously though, 11 years ago he got me, that's all he needs. I on the other hand got him 11 years ago & require valentines gifts as incentive to keep him. :noway: jk
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I once gave a boyfriend a book I made out of like 10 brown paper bags (decorated, burned at the edges, bound with raffia and sea shells). The title was "The Reasons I Let You Hang Out With Me" I stuck images I made on the computer (printed onto photo paper) with the things I liked or loved about him. I take pictures so I stuck photos to the pages and put photos into the bags. And I just remembered I have a picture of every awesome thing I've ever made. So here's a link http://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/26893_1360749494450_1102922983_31115641_2358505_n.jpg

This wasn't Valentine's Day but it was one of those silly little gifts:
    http://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/163401_1703927393683_1102922983_31894961_1917117_n.jpg
    It's a shadowbox type thing with depictions of Desolation Row lyrics. He was a science nerd and I am a Literature nerd so we discovered we knew a lot about Bob Dylan's song once and scoured the internet verifying our theories. I thought it would be cute to make something of our "research". Obviously, you'd choose a song that's really meaningful to both of you.

This year, I get to not celebrate - which is the way I like it. Even when I'm partnered.
  • Squir88
    Squir88 Posts: 24
    Options
    Remember Ladies, your day is February 14th... Our day is March 14th... Steak and BJ day.