10-Day Juice Fast

124»

Replies

• RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    GOOOOO ORGANIC! yay, that was suppose to be a sort of cheer. In one of your comments you made a sarcastic remark about crops never being contaminated or sprayed...I forget your exact words and I have to say, I hear ya man! However, if you go organic your pesticide worries will abate. Have no fear organic is non-genetically engineered : ) or doused in harmful chemicals ; ) yes its more expensive but surely its worth it.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about:

"With regard to pesticides, it must also be noted that organic farming, while using methods to minimize pests and the need for pesticides, still uses organic, rather than synthetic, pesticides. For example a rotenone-pyrethrin mixture is commonly used. Such pesticides are not as well studied as synthetic pesticides, often require more applications, and may persist longer in the soil. In fact the use of “natural” pesticides is nothing more than an appeal to the naturalistic fallacy – there really is no evidence for superior safety, and they have not been adequately studied.

There is a recent study which has garnered a great deal of press linking organophosphates – a type of synthetic pesticide – to higher prevalence of ADHD. However, this is a preliminary observational study."

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/index.php/is-organic-food-more-healthful/
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Hey there!

I have a few Juicing books myself. I bought a juicer read the literature and was all about it, until it actually came down to drinking it. If you have tasty recipes I would love to do a cleanse. I am just finishing renew life's all natural diet start cleanse.

stop-posting-yell.jpg
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Juice fasting is very safe

Safe according to whom? Diabetics sure don't find it safe.
  • jennifershoo
    If I put biscuits and gravy through my juicer, does that count? What if I mix an apple in with it?

I love to juice my pizza. It's such a mess to clean but so worth it!
  • jennifershoo
    3. Plant matter will never have the same amount of protein by volume that a piece of lean meat or fish does. A body needs protein every day.

Have you ever looked at the protein in hemp? Add a scoop of hemp protein powder into the juice, and it's an instant 21 grams of water-soluable protein.

Where are the studies that prove it to be dangerous or a metabolism-killer? I'd like to see them.

I prefer to smoke my hemp... but then I get the munchies and eat McDonald's and get ton of weight. Not a good mix.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Hemp has a great way of giving lower GI issues if you arent used to processing it.
    She will sit on the toilet for hours if that happens!
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Fad diet.

The end.